Why does my Gunnery Commando...

DadadadaBATMAN

carry a BFG but always pull his pistol on enemies during cut-scenes? This is pretty annoying. A couple of times I think I had a Blaster Rifle, but I'd say 90% of the time I roll up on the enemies with a little blaster pistol out.

I'm all, "SURRENDER!"

and they're like, "HAHAHAHA."

Then I have to kill them.

Easier to animate the scene, more cinematic, and if you're into realism a pistol is much easier to work with at close quarters.

You've got a point there about the easy to work with part, but this is a non realistic game so you really can't talk much about realism.

Realistic in terms of the setting. It's much easier to maintain suspension of disbelief when characters act closer to how real people would.
Exactly, I have no problem with it. They strike me as the equivalent of real world true machine guns (not assault rifles or submachine guns), which are fairly large and heavy things you can't just draw and shoot at the drop of a hat. Edited by Fishcatch

I'm about 90% sure they did this so they wouldn't have to do different animations for the cutscenes depending on what advanced class you are. Both trooper classes use a pistol in cutscenes. Jedi Knights both use a single saber even sentinels, etc.

At least the trooper one makes sense though... it's really jarring playing as a sentinel though, going from dual wielding in combat, then suddenly in a cutscene your character is compelled to only use one saber for some reason.

I'm about 90% sure they did this so they wouldn't have to do different animations for the cutscenes depending on what advanced class you are. Both trooper classes use a pistol in cutscenes. Jedi Knights both use a single saber even sentinels, etc.

At least the trooper one makes sense though... it's really jarring playing as a sentinel though, going from dual wielding in combat, then suddenly in a cutscene your character is compelled to only use one saber for some reason.

Doesn't make sense for Troopers at all. We can't EQUIP BLASTER PISTOLES. :p

We even don't have one either until the cut scene.

It's like jedi would pull out a wooden bat to smack people in cutscenes. :(

And it's not really "unpractical" either. A Full machine gun isn't an Instrument of "Precision", but a trained soldier makes up for that by the sheer number of bullets. If you think you don't get hit by a machine gun 2 feet away while directed at you, you should stop watching super hero comics.

Having a machine gun simply means the soldier can't aim for your heart for a clear shot, but your body will be struck with 40 hits none the less. ;)

And the only real choice for close personal engagement is a COMBAT KNIFE as in VIBRO KNIFE for SWTOR! Not a Blaster Pistole.

Talking about cinematics, what looks more "cinematic". The cheap B Movies....pulling out a missing blaster pistole which you don't even have and scream "I'MA SHOOT U IN DA FACE!!!! DIEEEEEEE".

Or Pulling your vibro knife out and let that sith smile?

Just look around you. Our gear has flamethrowers, rockets and jetpacks attached. We don't use proper Gear in cut scenes for our class. The Havoc Armor from the Trailers does not exist in the game (Only the basic model attached with the above). There are no hip-protectors available at all in heavy Armor.

It's just lazy. BW made a short term decision about class design, gear restrictions and just copy&pasted animations from IA / Smuggler - Bounty hunter.

Edited by -sasori

better than on my sniper. I'd do a cut scene and he'd pull out his rifle... cept no rifle, he'd just be in the position like he was holding a rifle with nothing in his hands like he's pretending.

It was really funny the first time I saw it. I kept waiting for him to start running around and saying "PEW PEW PEW I"M SHOOTIN UR FACE PEW PEW PEW"

Its a standard issue side arm, You might not notice it very often but it usually is there on your hip and is ment for very close quarter things like executing people. The alternative of course is stock strike them to death with your cannon which might be a little age restricted to view in a cuts scene and usually reserved for things like HBO.

Its a standard issue side arm, You might not notice it very often but it usually is there on your hip and is ment for very close quarter things like executing people. The alternative of course is stock strike them to death with your cannon which might be a little age restricted to view in a cuts scene and usually reserved for things like HBO.

It's actually not on my hip. The only reason it bugs me is because 1.) It's not there outside of cutscenes where it's drawn, 2.) we can't use blaster pistols, 3.) It just doesn't make any sense. If we had an attack that used a blaster pistol (like the scoundrel's scattergun,) that'd be different.

It's just jarring and nonsensical. I hope they change it sometime, but it's not high on my list of things that need fixing (the multi-barrel assault cannons only firing from a single barrel is so irritating I can't use them, despite liking them the most.)

I hate things that are obviously there for a purpose (the little missile rack on the shoulder of the high end PVP gear) that are just aesthetic. Something about it just REALLY annoys me.

Edited by Fishybob

better than on my sniper. I'd do a cut scene and he'd pull out his rifle... cept no rifle, he'd just be in the position like he was holding a rifle with nothing in his hands like he's pretending.

Oh god, this is hilarious when it happens.

The other day when I was confronting some Imps in a quest cutscene Aric Jorgan started pointing his empty hand like he was holding a gun. I burst out laughing.

Edited by Banescissor