Every patch that doesn't have a LFG tool is costing you players

Sir-Phobos

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a system in place which works perfectly fine. Yes it could add a queue system which would benefit players. I'm not saying it wont. But cross server instant portal systems. No thanks!

The system could work perfectly fine all it wants, but it doesn't matter if not one person is using. On Dark Sion, not one person uses it anymore, at least on the republic side, on the imp side 1 or 2 50s were using them but I stopped playing my BH at 40 and my SI at 24, so have not been there in a couple of weeks.

Also, once a LFG system same-server is Incorporated, a cross-realm server is only a couple months away? why? because people will get on the fourms and complain about Que times and bw will make it across server. Thus, I am more then happy to support your same server LFG because I know it is a step toward my cross server instant portal system.

Majority of people I run to in game think that a LFG, add on, maro system are around the control. You can't judge what people want from the fourms, there just the vocal minority.

SO: SWTOR will get cross-realm server before the end of 2012, I promise:)

You can promise all you want but it doesn't mean squat, especially since Bioware said themselves that they don't want to, and have no plans for implementing anything cross server at this point, it isn't even under consideration.

They are working on improving the existing tool and that's about it for now.

Questing was so fast in dungeons that they had to nerf it especially levels 10-60 the quests in dungeons gave crazy exp. 3 levels with rested for RFK

wow is fast in levleing regardless of what you do, because wow is about end game. Blizzard wants you level fast so you can join your friends. I think its faster to go from 1-85 in wow then it is to go from 1-50 in swtor.

The system could work perfectly fine all it wants, but it doesn't matter if not one person is using. On Dark Sion, not one person uses it anymore, at least on the republic side, on the imp side 1 or 2 50s were using them but I stopped playing my BH at 40 and my SI at 24, so have not been there in a couple of weeks.

Also, once a LFG system same-server is Incorporated, a cross-realm server is only a couple months away? why? because people will get on the fourms and complain about Que times and bw will make it across server. Thus, I am more then happy to support your same server LFG because I know it is a step toward my cross server instant portal system.

You obviously didnt keep up with the dev development vids and diaries did you. tut tut!

i'll use the analogy of modern cars versus classic cars.

modern cars have air conditioning, anti-lock brakes, airbags, satellite radio with digital music players, seats that make our butts warm, crumplezones, etc.

classic cars do not have these things.

modern mmo's have dungeon finders, flying (way up in the air) mounts, guild banks, achievement systems, alternative advancement, mod-able interfaces, master looter, outfit customization tools, etc.

star wars is not a modern mmo. it is a classic mmo. as such, it should be f2p.

i do enjoy the (limited) space missions. those are actually fun. for everything else, that almost makes it all forgivable. almost.

Edited by Bazouk

You can promise all you want but it doesn't mean squat, especially since Bioware said themselves that they don't want to, and have no plans for implementing anything cross server at this point, it isn't even under consideration.

Post of the thread !!

My guild is made up of about 50-60 rl friends, family, friends of friends, and friends of family. We are pretty much all located in two states that border eachother.

Out of all of those guys in my guild, not one person thinks that a cross-server LFD tool is a good idea. And that surprises me a ton considering 90% of us came from WoW.

A LFD tool of some sort would be a great add-on, but not an instant transport cross server LFD queue. That is care-bear ez mode junk that is not needed.

Garbage. The tool DOES NOT PLAY THE FP FOR YOU.

No one is asking for content to be made easier.

How does a tool you choose NOT to use impact you?

It all comes down you wanting to hold people hostage to the guild system.

I could point you in the direction of the WoW forums and client download if you want. It seems you want WoW more the TOR. Sorry kid, but this is BWs game. Not blizzards!

So criticizing this game and comparing horrendous mechanic is forbidden now?

Honestly, all I see is "WoW has it, so regardless if it is good or bad, SWTOR must do it differently!!!1oneone"

How about you grow up and admit, that even tho WoW has become stale and repetitive, it did LOTS of things right and not every feature same as WoW must be bad.

^ what this guy or gal said :)

I always like this argument. It's fun because it pretends the world works independent of any incentive.

Imagine, for a moment, that you and the rest of your team is invited to a competition. In the competition, two groups of 5 players are challenged to carry one of the member to the top of a 10 story building, with the player being carried rotated every 2 stories. The reward is a spectacular view, a clothing item (that changes each time you win), and the team benefits (getting in shape, building a close team, etc). Each player will have to be in shape and depend on his fellows to do the same if they intend to go up so many stairs.

Now imagine you add an elevator to the top and allow the team to ride it instead.

That's what the LFG tool does to a game.

I bet this guy likes the easy button commercials.

Besides, BW already said that cross-server LFD tool is out of the question. Rockjaw is a one tough no BS dude, if he says no, it means no.

Edited by XOrionX

no... questing is way faster leveling than dungeons in wow. you are talking out your ***.

Nice try with that mistatement, LFD makes leveling quicker due to the increase of xp that is still in that game to get people to 85 also throw in heirlooms you gain 2 to 3 levels a night while just sitting in Org.

LFD is bad for this game, as stated before there is also a LFG interface that can be used. The only way this will work if it is NOT cross server and even then it will begin a whole bunch of more qq on why tanks and healers get instaques while dps has to wait.

Garbage. The tool DOES NOT PLAY THE FP FOR YOU.

No one is asking for content to be made easier.

How does a tool you choose NOT to use impact you?

It all comes down you wanting to hold people hostage to the guild system.

Garbage. All of what you said. Garbage.

Everybody standing in fleet waiting for FP queues?? Totally making 90% of the games other content useless.

You are a misguided and clueless. I feel sorry for you bro.

Edited by XOrionX

modern mmo's have dungeon finders, flying (way up in the air) mounts, guild banks, achievement systems, alternative advancement, mod-able interfaces, master looter, outfit customization tools, etc.

LOL you seriously are in the wrong game. If you want WoW so much, go play it!

Will. Bioware can say what it wants, its called PR. Blizzard said that they would never put a system in place for raiding, 2 weeks later we got LFR (a raiding LFD). If you believe everything a developer tells you, then there is no arguing with you.

Developer are like politicians, they will promise you the world but developer you exactly what the guy or gal they are replacing, and Bioware is no different.

Finally, they said they will implement a cross server LFG just not at launch. Also, there is video and posts of them 2 weeks before they game released them saying they will allow AC re specs, what happened to that. I bets you they are working on a instant travel LFG system, and its going to be server-side then cross server.

I always like this argument. It's fun because it pretends the world works independent of any incentive.

Imagine, for a moment, that you and the rest of your team is invited to a competition. In the competition, two groups of 5 players are challenged to carry one of the member to the top of a 10 story building, with the player being carried rotated every 2 stories. The reward is a spectacular view, a clothing item (that changes each time you win), and the team benefits (getting in shape, building a close team, etc). Each player will have to be in shape and depend on his fellows to do the same if they intend to go up so many stairs.

Now imagine you add an elevator to the top and allow the team to ride it instead.

That's what the LFG tool does to a game.

i'll pay 15 bucks for the elevator ride. gaming for me is something i want to casually enjoy. if i want to go through some archaic exercise like you just described, i'll save that for when someone is paying me.

Will. Bioware can say what it wants, its called PR. Blizzard said that they would never put a system in place for raiding, 2 weeks later we got LFR (a raiding LFD). If you believe everything a developer tells you, then there is no arguing with you.

Developer are like politicians, they will promise you the world but developer you exactly what the guy or gal they are replacing, and Bioware is no different.

Finally, they said they will implement a cross server LFG just not at launch. Also, there is video and posts of them 2 weeks before they game released them saying they will allow AC re specs, what happened to that. I bets you they are working on a instant travel LFG system, and its going to be server-side then cross server.

This post is pure dribble.

Post source of the red comments please!

Edited by DigitalPrime

i'll pay 15 bucks for the elevator ride. gaming for me is something i want to casually enjoy. if i want to go through some archaic exercise like you just described, i'll save that for when someone is paying me.

You get what you paid for. You didn't pay for a LFD system, ergo you can't complain about the lack of one.

Edited by XOrionX

So criticizing this game and comparing horrendous mechanic is forbidden now?

Honestly, all I see is "WoW has it, so regardless if it is good or bad, SWTOR must do it differently!!!1oneone"

How about you grow up and admit, that even tho WoW has become stale and repetitive, it did LOTS of things right and not every feature same as WoW must be bad.

Funny all I see is WoW has it and every MMO must have it. How about people accept that there are other options than what WoW has taught you MMOs to be?

I know that requires a) thinking, b) doing something on your part. Neither seem popular with the WoW crew.

I'm not saying anything from WoW is bad, just that not everything from WoW is good.

Also for all this debate BW has firmly said no LFD anytime soon.

Garbage. All of what you said. Garbage.

Sorry the truth hurts. All the QQ about community boils down to people like you needing to force others to play in a fashion you approve.

It's not my fault your terrified your chat buddies will ditch you in favor of a LFD tool.

Edited by grueber