stationed in kuwait. US Soldier

DreadBeast

I'd start by asking those people you know to be playing it there as they did something right and you did something wrong.

Odds are you have a localized version of the game, meaning it was meant for distribution within a certain region and will not run outside of that region. Just a guess, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Again, if you know for a fact someone is playing the game in your area, talk to them. They can tell you what they did to get up and running and perhaps identify why you can't.

Generally version detection comes in two flavor. Software itself and IP. First check the software is allow in your area. you could talk with the people who are playing and see if they are using a proxy.

Edit: I would like to extend my appreciation to the arms service. It is people like you that allow people like me to enjoy the freedom at home. May the force be with you and come home safe my friends.

Edited by Sasheria

You should be able to post in customer service forum section or send an email to SWTOR.

Since you have a valid copy and Key they should be able to set you up.

I'll do some searching.

If not let us all know and we will overthrow the Senate seize control and implement change.

Edit:

hmm no they probably wont officially appreciate you using VPN to bypass theyre regional settings but looks like it can be done , maybe try last suggestion on bottom first then if that doesnt work do the VPN trick.:

Also a million thanks for your service. May the force be with you.

Heres some VPN sugestions from Afganistan/Kuwait players:

Heres the thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=229714&page=2

Looks like some of the guys from Kuait have posted here too.

Good Luck see you on Tatooine!!!!

Heres some of the thread:

Ok,

The Hotspotshield installer is only a couple of megs. But that should be the only thing you should DL. Once you have it downloaded just install it. It's small and won't take up alot of space. After it installs and you run it for the first time you will see a small red shield on your task bar ( next to date and time ).

It will automatically connect when you run it. It will open your web browser and say some crap like

" Starting service "

" Verifying blah blah "

" Assigning IP "

" Connected "

Once this has happened that little red shield turns green and you can close your browser. At this point your IP will be something from the US and when you attempt to connect to SWTOR or whatever it was that was giving you errors should be gone.

A couple of annoying things about this particular VPN though. Popups while web browsing. Annoying but if you only use it for SWTOR you won't notice. And of course this program is 100% free. Unless you wanna pay money to stop popups.

Another post in that thread:

hi there guys,

There is no problem logging in from anywhere in the world...

People who have this Region issue, you just have to update your launcher. You can do that using the Repair Function of the launcher or Fix_Launcher.exe in star wars folder.

Here's how to do it:

click on the 'cog wheel' button located in the bottom left hand corner of the launcher window. This will open a Settings menu where you will be able to find and click on the Repair button.

You can also go to the Star Wars: The Old republic folder and double click on the "Fix Launcher".

This the default location of the Star Wars folder: My Computer > c: drive > Program files x86 > Electronic Arts > Bioware > Star wars: The Old Republic

Believe me it will work!

Goodluck!

Edited by DelphinHunter

im in saudi right now and it lets me play, and this country has the most restrictive internet censorship in the world, other than north korea. and i played wow in udari, kuwait, BIAP, and taji, iraq. it may be something on your end man. good luck fixing it though

Did you buy the game cd-key from Origins? or you just created an account and downloaded the game?

If Origins is "still?" restricting some countries/zones from purchasing the game, you will need a friend or family to buy it for you in the US and mail you the cd-key (or use a proxy to fake that you are in a green zone country)

Firstly,

There is no region limit to the SWTOR software. Any verison can connect to ANY server. Ie NA can connecting to Europe and Europe to NA.

Second,

The issue (as has been stated in above posts) is the IP. The server sees your IP as coming from Kuwait and since Kuwait is in the "Red Zone" is says you cannot play as its not supported. This can easily be avoided by using a proxy program to spoof you IP so that (to the SWTOR servers) your from "Insert green zone country here".