New Player needs help

irishcreme

I just bought this game last night from the Wall.. I've been playing WoW since BC first came out... and i really enjoy this game the cinematics are insane..

But i notice something right off the bat that i am not too proud of, and maybe you guys can help me, i even opened a ticket..

When you move your mouse it takes forever for the game to respond and it moves really really fast.. i tried adjusting the Camera Rotation Speed but it's not having any effect..

It seems to work ok when im outside the Jedi Temple but once i go inside or anywere were the quest story is.. thats when it takes me roughly 5minutes to get too my target of Origin

Any advice please would be wonderful... But again Awesome Job i think on this game never played any other PC games but WoW:p:p

By "post your specs" they meant the specs of your computer. i.e. CPU, ram, graphics card.

You can find out alot of your computers specs by pressing Start and typing msinfo32 into the search box in windows 7 or the run box in windows xp.

Shadow's are turned off in Preferences > Graphics. Set it to low see if it makes a difference if it does try medium and see how that performs.

Just like in WOW, hitting escape brings up a small menu, one of those allows you to change settings. Under the video settings find the option to implement shadows and turn that off.

As far as the mouse settings, explore them some more, I had to set them to real low numbers like 6% to start getting the performance I needed.

I also notice sometime when I enter/leave a large building, my hard drive goes crazy loading the new environment. I find it easier to wait the 30+ seconds for the hard drive to complete and get smooth movement than spending the next few minutes with poor jerky movement before the hard drive catches up.

It is still early so there are plenty of performance problems that will be worked out.

ok well im very Anal when it comes to posting my PC data.. Don't ask

But i did turn the shadow quality too low and it seems to run smooth

I'll give it a shot and see

ty again for the help

FYI Shadows and light bloom options have some of the biggest impact on performance. If you want to play with max settings, you may have to upgrade you viedo card. To display your FPS use CTRL-SHIFT-F

Edited by Owsley