HORRIBAD change to Deception Tree...

ExarKyp

Deception

Induction: Now requires the Surging Charge skill to be purchased and requires that Surging Charge is active in order to trigger the Induction buff. This skill now also triggers from Assassinate.

This change is ridiculous. This talent is the only one (in any tree) that reduces the cost of the Shock ability. I run a darkness/deception hybrid (based on many things, but definitely including this talent), and this will tremendously hinder my character's ability to keep things rolling. It has no tie whatsoever to Surging Charge in terms of it's mechanics, so what purpose is there in requiring that it be active? I would just love to see the logic behind it, because from where I'm sitting it was a completely unnecessary change.

If anyone is aware of a specific mechanic that was failing because of this power NOT being tied to Surging Charge or an exploit that this was allowing that I was unaware of, please fill me in... Because I don't like having my classes broken >.>

so much QQ about a minor change for a specc that was bad anyway, oh the horror :S

These threads are so funny cause it just shows how 1 dimensional ppl are, not beeing able to adapt or think of new speccs wich are solid and works.

Torment is all well and good... just not in the tree I want to offspec in. Does it break a class? no. I just hate when completely unrelated powers are lumped together in the same talent and then somehow that talent can only be used by that specific tree when there are aspects of the talent that are most certainly useful to other builds - even without making it 'overpowered'.

Just seems like a very crappy solution to what bioware devs see as a problem.