Tracer Missle Part 10002938747

Surgin

I play an Arsenal Merc and in PvP I use at least 14 abilities off the top of my head. If you are having trouble killing a Merc doing nothing but spam Tracer I'm afraid the problem is with you not the Merc.

We are glass cannons, get us one vs one and most classes have a more than even chance of killing us (given equal gear and comparable skill). However if that Merc has a healer and/or tank protecting them, spamming abilities at the Merc will obviously do nothing. Same way if I spam damage at someone with a healer or guard I don't put a dent in them for long either.

The person earlier saying they couldn't get a kill when fighting 2 vs 1 is just silly. Of course you are going to lose 2v1 unless you are much better than they are or massively outgear them. If you manage to kill one it was sloppy play on their behalf tbh. But that kind of thinking leads less knowledgable folk to scream nerf, instead of realising that 2>1.

In short, tracer is fine and Mercs die easily if alone and unsupported.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I play an Arsenal Merc and in PvP I use at least 14 abilities off the top of my head. If you are having trouble killing a Merc doing nothing but spam Tracer I'm afraid the problem is with you not the Merc.

We are glass cannons, get us one vs one and most classes have a more than even chance of killing us (given equal gear and comparable skill). However if that Merc has a healer and/or tank protecting them, spamming abilities at the Merc will obviously do nothing. Same way if I spam damage at someone with a healer or guard I don't put a dent in them for long either.

The person earlier saying they couldn't get a kill when fighting 2 vs 1 is just silly. Of course you are going to lose 2v1 unless you are much better than they are or massively outgear them. If you manage to kill one it was sloppy play on their behalf tbh. But that kind of thinking leads less knowledgable folk to scream nerf, instead of realising that 2>1.

In short, tracer is fine and Mercs die easily if alone and unsupported.

you are a glass cannon I will give you that much. Can you give me the respect to admit when there is a team of glass cannons you are unstoppable.

I agree 1 merc isnt the problem its when you have an entire team of glass cannons!

A team made solely of glass cannons will lose every time to a competant group. Guards and heals on their targets, CC as many as you can/want then disrupt/kill the rest. With no heals and no guards the team will fold like paper.

That last butthaul round I would target one and have the other two nuke me into the ground as soon as I poped out of stealth. It requires absolutely no skill to sit there and nuke an entire team down from range this way..

If you are fighting 3 players you should be dead

- doesn't matter if they are spamming Tracer missiles, or just spamming Sunder Armor

or a Comb. of Shock and Lightning or just Aimed Shots-

YOU are dead and you should be dead!

What about staying in stealth mode and not acting like a juggernaut (and even a juggernaut won't survive 3 enemies).

As someone who has PvP'd in MMO's for years, I just can't understand these new players who think they should have a chance against multiple opponents. Just boggles the mind.

Do you think Manning would win the Superbowl playing by himself against the Patriots?

Edited by Althus

Stop... if it was as simple as LOS this thread wouldn't have taken a life of itself...

THERE IS A PROBLEM IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED

These threads take off because SWTOR has, without a doubt, the worst PvP players in MMO history. I'm an average PvPer, I'm nothing amazing in any way, but I've been consistently able to stomp most other players with ease on every class I've levelled thus far simply because everyone is so incredibly bad.

One thing you'll find to be pretty consistent across most MMOs; Good players don't ball their eyes out over being killed in PvP and then scream on the forums to nerf things. They may have balancing suggestions, but they'll be able to explain how something seems out of whack and draw logical parallels. They don't type out entire lines in caps.

I don't really feel they are OP, I just feel that their rotation should be a little bit more involved with other moves. Think about how many buttons your class uses (I'm a Sentinel) and I have prolly a good 9 or so moves that need to be constantly used. I just find it a little ridiculous that they dont NEED to use anything else to be on par with other classes thats just my 2 cents.

Already said I use at LEAST 14 abilities in PvP as a Merc, and any Merc using only Tracer will die a quick and horrible death if unsupported - and will not do optimal damage either.

So if you are only using 9 abilities, you are obviously OP ;)

Haha althius im not counting you know defensive cooldowns stuns force leap or anything just counting damaging abilities, and yes i will be the 1st to say sentinels and mauraders if played well pretty much dominate everything except maybe a well geared/played tank even then its up in the air. Also like i said I dont think they are OP just need more of a viable rotation. Edited by Rbleezy

Already said I use at LEAST 14 abilities in PvP as a Merc, and any Merc using only Tracer will die a quick and horrible death if unsupported - and will not do optimal damage either.

So if you are only using 9 abilities, you are obviously OP ;)

this.

I mean seriously if you die to someone spamming one ability that is easily interrupted & LOS then look in the mirror to find the problem

Merc's get destroyed when people get close.

I play one. Sentinels/Marauders can eat us for breakfast if they close the gap which is easy with charge.

I defeinitely don't only use three abilities, let's count

1. Tracer

2. Unload

3. Rail shot

4. Electro dart

5. Heatseeker

We're past 5!

6. Shield

7. Jet Blast

8. Thermal Sensor Override

9. Power surge

8 and 9 are on 2 minute cooldowns though

10. Fusion missile

11. Explosive dart

12. I heal teammates and myself as well

Merc's get destroyed when people get close.

I play one. Sentinels/Marauders can eat us for breakfast if they close the gap which is easy with charge.

I defeinitely don't only use three abilities, let's count

1. Tracer

2. Unload

3. Rail shot

4. Electro dart

5. Heatseeker

We're past 5!

6. Shield

7. Jet Blast

8. Thermal Sensor Override

9. Power surge

8 and 9 are on 2 minute cooldowns though

10. Fusion missile

11. Explosive dart

12. I heal teammates and myself as well

u dont need 6 cause the enemy is dead...so we are down to 11.

the only reason u need shield is when they jump to u and not when u jump to them.

9 is trinket..lol and 12 is support.

so u use 9 buttons to kill someone...wanna change this with ANY assasin?

i bet my acount u will break your fingers through proccess.

Haha althius im not counting you know defensive cooldowns stuns force leap or anything just counting damaging abilities, and yes i will be the 1st to say sentinels and mauraders if played well pretty much dominate everything except maybe a well geared/played tank even then its up in the air. Also like i said I dont think they are OP just need more of a viable rotation.

I use Grav Round, Demolition Round, High Impact Bolt, Full Auto, Plasma Grenade, Sticky Grenade, Stockstrike, Pulse Cannon & Mortar Volley as my damage abilities. These are all used in my warzone rotations. So What is wrong with our rotation. If someone is spamming nothing but Grav Round then they are free kills period.

Edited by Ssfbistimg

These threads take off because SWTOR has, without a doubt, the worst PvP players in MMO history. I'm an average PvPer, I'm nothing amazing in any way, but I've been consistently able to stomp most other players with ease on every class I've levelled thus far simply because everyone is so incredibly bad.

One thing you'll find to be pretty consistent across most MMOs; Good players don't ball their eyes out over being killed in PvP and then scream on the forums to nerf things. They may have balancing suggestions, but they'll be able to explain how something seems out of whack and draw logical parallels. They don't type out entire lines in caps.

I blame WoW Arenas and battlegrounds plus the whole "give people the best items just for taking part" ethos. I have seen "Arena Champions" in actual PvP games and they have been mostly terrible. Can't adapt, terrible awareness and prone to screaming nerf because they have no idea why they keep losing. The rewards mean people who don't really like PvP and have no willingness to learn clog WZ's and annoy people who want to actually play the game and PvP. Just wish they would make the PvP items useless in PvE so only PvP'ers want them.

They are the people on your team who think kills in random Huttball map locations are where it's at for those big damage scores at the end, while you are running the ball alone.

Well then I guess i have every merc all wrong. At least the ones i play against all just use 3 damaging moves. I think you guys are getting the wrong idea of my point. All im saying is if they CAN be effective spamming a move it should be changed around a bit. I do understand you guys have to use it in order to use other moves and it doesn't hit as hard as people think once you get gear just the sheer fact that there should be much more in your damaging arsenal.

I blame WoW Arenas and battlegrounds plus the whole "give people the best items just for taking part" ethos. I have seen "Arena Champions" in actual PvP games and they have been mostly terrible. Can't adapt, terrible awareness and prone to screaming nerf because they have no idea why they keep losing. The rewards mean people who don't really like PvP and have no willingness to learn clog WZ's and annoy people who want to actually play the game and PvP. Just wish they would make the PvP items useless in PvE so only PvP'ers want them.

They are the people on your team who think kills in random Huttball map locations are where it's at for those big damage scores at the end, while you are running the ball alone.

i tottaly agree.

wow killed world pvp,pvp,gannging,grouping pvp, u name it..

Well then I guess i have every merc all wrong. At least the ones i play against all just use 3 damaging moves. I think you guys are getting the wrong idea of my point. All im saying is if they CAN be effective spamming a move it should be changed around a bit. I do understand you guys have to use it in order to use other moves and it doesn't hit as hard as people think once you get gear just the sheer fact that there should be much more in your damaging arsenal.

why Sorcerers are effective by spamming Forced Lightning/Chain Lightning and it becomes a free ability

One problem is some people get hit by a Heatseeker when they have the full Tracer debuff on them and think it was Tracer missile that did the 3.5k+ damage. HS hits hard, harder than Tracer by far, but it is not spammable due to CD.

So make sure you know what you were hit with before shouting nerf too.

1) 250000 damage is nothing in a warzone

2) only noob mercs use an arsenal build in pvp

3) all you have to do to those nubs is INTERRUPT tracer misslie, then he's clueless

Quit crying for nerfs, getting really old in these forums. Learn to play your class!

I use Grav Round, Demolition Round, High Impact Bolt, Full Auto, Incendiary Round, Sticky Grenade, Stockstrike, Pulse Cannon & Mortar Volley as my damage abilities. These are all used in my warzone rotations. So What is wrong with our rotation. If someone is spamming nothing but Grav Round then they are free kills period.

Ok your point is retarded. How does spamming one move make you easier to kill. I'm talking damage output not survivability. How much damage do you do in a typical warzone with your rotation?