Fixing Warrior PvP

Windry

Hello, I have a list of complaints and suggestions regarding Sith Warriors in PvP.

My Characters:

Lvl 50 Sorc - Valor 49

Lvl 44 Jug - Valor 35

Lvl 25 Oper - Valor 30

Lvl 22 Merc - Valor 15

Personally, I find that the Juggernaut/Maurader class has a lot of problems in PvP. A lot of them are bug related, some are lowbie only problems, but I'd like to discuss them here.

The Bugs

There are 3 moves in particular that are incredibly buggy.

1) Retaliation - After you dodge/parry/block an attack, you can use retaliation. This move is supposed to be off GCD, however, the majority of the time, the game does not take the input for this correctly.

I've tested several times quickly tapping Sunder -> Retaliation, and I'd say it fails to perform the Retaliation at least 33% of the time.

A bigger problem comes with double tapping Retaliation. Repeatedly pushing a move to ensure that the move goes through as soon as possible is some thing many gamers now do.

The problem is, when I'm getting beat on, and I repeatedly tap the Retaliation button, it goes something like this: I see him try to cast retaliation with the little spin into stab -> then he cancels the move, and retries to cast retaliation with the spin -> then he cancels the move, and retries to cast.... and so on and so on. ULTIMATELY though, he never ends up casting retaliation, he's just sitting there spinning his lightsaber like an idiot. Please fix this.

2) Pommel Strike and Savage Kick - These are 2 moves which can only be used when the enemy is incapacitated/rooted respectively.

The problem is that the in-game engine for recognition of incapacitated/rooted is bugged out. I've done several test on several different mobs and players with stun -> Pommel or slow -> Savage Kick, and the fail rate of recognition for these two moves is AT LEAST 75%. It's so bad that I've decided to just unbind these moves. Please fix these problems.

Resolve and snares

A lot of MMO's have snares/roots which do not allow your character to move, and is used for keep away from melee. That is fine, comes with the territory. However, SWTOR's system allows you to be rooted indefinitely, and that is not ok.

The problem here is that roots do not interact with Resolve in any way. I can be stunned for 10 seconds, have a maxed out resolve bar, and even then, people can continue to do spells that root my character.

It makes it so I can be CC'd for 12, 14, or even 16 seconds, which simply isn't fair.

While I DO NOT think roots should build resolve meter (as it would cause a lot of balance problems with incidental root on ranged) I DO THINK that players need to be immune to roots while their resolve bar is full.

OR

Melee need to have a move like:

Resilient Steps: no cooldown - This ability makes you immune to roots for 8 seconds. This spell may ONLY BE USED WHEN YOUR RESOLVE IS AT 100%.

^ Moves like creeping terror would still put the dot on you, and still do damage, you would only be immune to the root.

Low Level Ability Acquisition.

A major problem with Warrior PvP in lower brackets is that they get their spells way too late.

By level 14, every other class has their 1 min stun, yet we do not get our's (Force Choke) until level 24. By level 12, every other class that has their pushback move, yet we do not get our's (Force Push) until level 26.

This is just straight up unfair. I don't understand why all other classes would have their 2 utility moves at 14, and warriors do not get theirs until 26.

Please make rank 1 Force Choke trainable at 14

and

rank 1 Force Push trainable at 12.

I think the changes I've asked for are minor, fair, and justified. Feel free to discuss.

As a Marauder I have encountered similar issues as well.

Most of the time my resolve bar is useless. I get stunned resolve fills and triggers (normally after I have re spawned as Ive been killed), finally I can get in and fight, then I get slowed, snared, resolve gone, cc'd, killed.

Basically this is how WZ go for me. Not so bad in Illum as the zerg protects me as its harder to target me.

Pure Melee DPS characters such as the rauder/sentinel need a little attention. I think its survivability abilities need to be better.

Its a class which gets in, does damage, then gets out of there. Its not meant to go toe toe with its opponents.

1. The unleash ability cooldown should be lower. This is because rauders are more likely to get stunned and knocked back, snared, basically cause they have to get close to a target. Makes sense they need to recover more often. I would rather have this than resolve.

2. Cloak needs to be X seconds longer OR when cloaked health regen increases (cloak only last a few seconds so the health regen wont be OP if its done properly)

The above isn't too much to ask for, is it? I just want to have a fighting chance.

I also wanna put it that this classes (jedi/sith) should be able to defelct back shots at the enemy. When you are meeting a trooper or a smuggler in battle in gets really hard to hit them if they always move. And the trooper nor the smuggler never misses. But in the bounty hunter progession video ( powertech side) the vanguard in that scen misses all his shots. But i have never seen that in the game so far. I also have a commande and she never missed. Thats god when I am playing commando hehe. But if I am playing on my jaggernaut or maruder, I would like to have a chance to deflect back shots at the enemy who is shoting at me. I am not happy at all of have you have done the the sith warrior class in pvp. And i am a pvp guy!

Guards/Juggs may have some problems, but Sent/Mara are borderline op. Actually no, they're ridiculously op. Too much damage, too many utilities, too much survivability.

There's this myth around about them being crappy or hard to play in pvp, but it's just that, a myth. Usually spread by people who:

a) aren't 50

b) don't have gear (class scales in an INSANE way with gear, far more than any other)

c) they're terrible players

or a combination of those 3.

edit: juse read some of the above posts, someone asking for more tools, more survivability, and a CLOAK buff... really? REALLY? You've got to be kidding me.

Yup, definitely needs attention, not in the buffs direction however.

Edited by AzKnc

i am playing sentinel from the very beginning in pvp, ive tried every spec for quite some time alway in a team of at least 4 players with heal. i use all abilities and the right rotations for the 3 specs and came to the following conlusions:

- the class lacks mobility

more then any other melee due to the fact that we need to stay for at least 6s in 4m range of the enemy to apply significant dmg. sentinels/marauders have very little cc so they need mobility. the force leap on 12-15s cd is strong but ohter classes have aoe knockbacks on 20s cd and stuns with 30m range plus snare.

other melee classes have their burst just at the beginning of a fight whereas sentinels/marauders need to buid up focus and apply a slow on the target first. if i get knockbacked 3s after i forcelaped to my target i have applied one skill of my combo at best which did not deal any reasonable dmg. since the imperial faction has (estimated) 50% inquisitors i get knockbacked a lot, often twice in a very short time. (huttball is just rediculous against 4 inquisitors with force speed and aoe knockback)

- slash and blade rush have too low basedmg.

it inflicts 1200-1500 crits (t2 pvp gear against t2 pvp geared enemy). this is the non critical dmg of the grav round/heatseeker missile of the commando/merc who wear heavy armor. (they crit with 2500) yes i can compare these abilities for they have equal costs and maximum application frequency. one has 30m range and 1,5s (=GCD) casttime (and an armour debuff) the other has 4m range and is instant.

survivabiliy looks fine to me. rebuke, force camo and guarded by force are very strong abilities. espcially the focus spec is very sturdy. sadly force sweep does not hit moving targets. (force sweep is a pbaoe that has a 1,5s animation an a 5m radius but eplodes at the position the ability was activated, not whre u stand when the dmg actually is dealt, so basically ~7m behind you)

here come my suggestions:

1. rebuke/cloak of pain should absorb one knockback every 8s. (i am not shure about the 8s but the direction should be clear)

2. 15% movenet speed should be accesible for any spec in any stance. (as it is for shadow/assassin an scoundrel/operative) replace the defensive form of ataru to increased defence chance instead.

3. increase the dmg scaling of the offhand sabre

to buff only the weapon dmg based abilities. /B] in my oppinion the force abilities are quite balanced in their dmg with the exeption of blade storm which is a little bit (10-15% maybe) too weak for its focus costs an cooldown.

with these changes plus the animation fix the class would definitely shine in pvp and pve

Edited by der_mawel

The roots are kind of a problem i agree but you can spec talents to have a second unleash effect through force camo if you want so that isn't a priority in my eyes.

2) Pommel Strike and Savage Kick - These are 2 moves which can only be used when the enemy is incapacitated/rooted respectively.

The problem is that the in-game engine for recognition of incapacitated/rooted is bugged out. I've done several test on several different mobs and players with stun -> Pommel or slow -> Savage Kick, and the fail rate of recognition for these two moves is AT LEAST 75%. It's so bad that I've decided to just unbind these moves. Please fix these problems.

This is where I'm most concerned. I have NEVER been able to use either of these abilities in PvP combat. And after 2 hours of trying to use it in warzones AND testing in duels with guild mates I ended up unbinding them all together when I que for PvP. I even sent in a trouble ticket and the response was that they did not find any problems, and the abilities were "working as intended". I took this to mean that they were for use on NPC only, which i had suggested in my trouble ticket to add that to the ability description if this were the case. I'm glad to see that some one else has recognized the issue and voicing their concerns as well.

Please if you only fix one thing fix the buggy cc recognition so i can use my early burst ability "as intended" according to the description of the ability.

Please and Thank you.

pommel strike and svage kikc are for nps only. they work only on normal, weak and strong targets. enemy players are neither. its a tooltip fail because its does not become clear that this only works on npc wothout testing it. it also doesnt work on bosses as they are immune to cc.

Update: Playing today after the 2/7/12 patch, I have found that the retaliation bug for me has been fixed.

GJ Bioware!

Unfortunately, the savage kick and pommel strike continue to be buggy, not just on players, but on mobs as well.