Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Doing Laps on the Fleet. Just like in Orgrimmar. Gave this game a shot.

jlamb

Great great potential.

Unfortunately a big let down.

I, like many, have been in denial this whole time. Telling myself its going to get better.

It hasn't and the signs are not promising.

1-49 was a great experience so i'm thankful for that.

Grinding huttball all day is not my idea of fun. Going to wait for Guild Wars II and D3.

I honestly hope this game does better and I will consider coming back. As for everyone else, I actually hope you enjoy playing this game and best wishes to everyone and the game.

Well unless there is a MAJOR overhaul you're going to be very let down by D3. I was in the beta for D3 and was like wow this is BAD. It really feels like a game that was produced 6 years ago and not something on the brink of being released in 2012.

I think and I'm only guessing here, this game could become very good in 9months to a year. But it's going to take awhile before it gets there.

Well unless there is a MAJOR overhaul you're going to be very let down by D3. I was in the beta for D3 and was like wow this is BAD. It really feels like a game that was produced 6 years ago and not something on the brink of being released in 2012.

I think and I'm only guessing here, this game could become very good in 9months to a year. But it's going to take awhile before it gets there.

Yeah..

I still have the BETA (unless it recently ended) but I was WILDLY unimpressed.

I played an ungodly amount of D2 and original Diablo. I couldn't see myself buying that game as it is.

Yeah..

I still have the BETA (unless it recently ended) but I was WILDLY unimpressed.

I played an ungodly amount of D2 and original Diablo. I couldn't see myself buying that game as it is.

Interesting, I heard there was gonna be some major changes but, im not banking on it. More excited about guild wars 2 and tera.

However, maybe this game will improve in about 9 months but it seems that will be too late...But if it does get a lot better maybe ill be back! But right now, it's a waste of time and I know im not the only one thinking like that (as my whole guild basically unsub)

Great great potential.

I, like many, have been in denial this whole time. Telling myself its going to get better.

Grinding huttball all day is not my idea of fun. Going to wait for Guild Wars II and D3.

I honestly hope this game does better and I will consider coming back. As for everyone else, I actually hope you enjoy playing this game and best wishes to everyone and the game.

"It hasn't gotten better".

LMAO-- the thing has been out for... what? Two months? *Almost*?

Is this your first mmorpg? Oh wait-- you referenced WoW in the title. Hmm, well, I don't know what to tell you. Enjoy whatever.

Edited by PibbyPib

Is this your first mmorpg? Oh wait-- you referenced WoW in the title.

Meh, that one doesn't really count. lol

In terms of urgent issues and customer service the response has been...underwhelming.

Of course I can always resub, maybe the next content patch will be really good, who knows!

As of now, at this point in time, the game is not worth a subscription. But if / when it improves i would consider coming back because i did enjoy it up to 50.

In terms of urgent issues and customer service the response has been...underwhelming.

Of course I can always resub, maybe the next content patch will be really good, who knows!

As of now, at this point in time, the game is not worth a subscription. But if / when it improves i would consider coming back because i did enjoy it up to 50.

That's cool, I may even follow you-- who knows? I usually give MMORPGs a good six months to a year before expecting much, though I do like to be around at launch just for the newness.

Interesting, I heard there was gonna be some major changes but, im not banking on it. More excited about guild wars 2 and tera.

However, maybe this game will improve in about 9 months but it seems that will be too late...But if it does get a lot better maybe ill be back! But right now, it's a waste of time and I know im not the only one thinking like that (as my whole guild basically unsub)

Got me interested in Tera so I went and had a look,.....................are you kidding me? Proffesions are exactly the same as wow's, enhancements we have glyphs, socketing crystals, and enchanting.......sound familiar?........end game are dungeons, nothing new there.

As someone who played wow for 7 years I just want something different. Tired of fantasy rpg and the same old hamster wheel. I definately wont be going there, i'd rather give Swtor a few years to get on its feet.

Edited by NoxiousAlby

Is this your first mmorpg? Oh wait-- you referenced WoW in the title. Hmm, well, I don't know what to tell you. Enjoy whatever.

I wonder if people will still say this when it's like:

LMAO-- the thing has been out for... what? Four months? *Almost*?

LMAO-- the thing has been out for... what? Six months? *Almost*?

LMAO-- the thing has been out for... what? A year? *Almost*?

They're working on it.

This isn't MY first MMO. I've also played Warhammer, Tabula Rasa, Age of Conan, Hellgate: London, Final Fantasy XIV...

Got me interested in Tera so I went and had a look,.....................are you kidding me? Proffesions are exactly the same as wow's, enhancements we have glyphs, socketing crystals, and enchanting.......sound familiar?........end game are dungeons, nothing new there.

As someone who played wow for 7 years I just want something different. Tired of fantasy rpg and the same old hamster wheel. I definately wont be going there, i'd rather give Swtor a few years to get on its feet.

Well, admittedly, I haven't looked into Tera too much but I like the idea of the skill with actually having to hit with your skills and what not.

Well, admittedly, I haven't looked into Tera too much but I like the idea of the skill with actually having to hit with your skills and what not.

It does sound interesting. I just can't get over the female armor designs. It's so ridiculous it borders on the obscene and obviously designed for the repressed teenager or crazy otaku.

Great great potential.

Your criticism is utterly pointless because you don't offer any examples whatsoever why you feel it's a "big let down".

Your criticism is utterly pointless because you don't offer any examples whatsoever why you feel it's a "big let down".

Well, game didn't live up the hype.

Massive issues with FPS on high-end PC's

Huge lack of end game content.

Extremely annoying to go to planet to planet (hangar bays, shuttles)

Urgent bugs that have taken very long to fix on the end game content, many of which, have not been addressed.

Class disparity and balance (snipers vs sorcs)

However, these are all issues which can be addressed and fixed overtime, which many other people have stated. Which brings me to my point, that, at this time, the game is not worth money. However, when they do fix these issues, perhaps it will be a much more improved game.

I wonder if people will still say this when it's like:

LMAO-- the thing has been out for... what? Four months? *Almost*?

LMAO-- the thing has been out for... what? Six months? *Almost*?

LMAO-- the thing has been out for... what? A year? *Almost*?

They're working on it.

Well see, those are longer spans of time, Einstein. A person could reasonably expect to see some changes in six months. Not in two.

What all you nay sayers fail to realize is this. MMOs are never ever released with end-game in mind. The game grows, just as the community. The sheer amount of man power needed to produce patch after patch of end-game content is incredible...almost unfathomable.

What all of you WoW players NEED to realize is this:

WoW was empty when it first game out. It had a huge following from the WCI, II, III and starcraft series. The game had zero endgame potential. It took more than 4 months to implement an honor system and even longer to implement Battlegrounds. I could go on and on giving you more content-over-time examples, but I think my point is proven.

The 1-49, as you said, is a GREAT experience. Guess what? The SAME developers that created that are now, as we speak, working on more end-game content of equal greatness. I can't wait to be a part of it and see it, personally.

This game has a ton of room to grow and it WILL.

Go back to WoW, but realize you're only playing a dying beast. I will stay here and enjoy the next 6-12 months immensely, and can't wait to see what is to come.

Edited by Antijovial

I am not surprised by your response toward D3. People on these forums are usually biased toward games other than SWTOR itself. D3 feels like 6 years ago? It might look like it, but their intention is to get it across to lower end spec systems as well. Putting the graphics and the $ based AH aside, that game is ridiculously fluid in combat, and has a very good story to go with it. Playing it with friends makes it even more fun and getting loot from a boss actually feels good.

What all you nay sayers fail to realize is this. MMOs are never ever released with end-game in mind. The game grows, just as the community. The sheer amount of man power needed to produce patch after patch of end-game content is incredible...almost unfathomable.

What all of you WoW players NEED to realize is this:

WoW was empty when it first game out. It had a huge following from the WCI, II, III and starcraft series. The game had zero endgame potential. It took more than 4 months to implement an honor system and even longer to implement Battlegrounds. I could go on and on giving you more content-over-time examples, but I think my point is proven.

The 1-49, as you said, is a GREAT experience. Guess what? The SAME developers that created that are now, as we speak, working on more end-game content of equal greatness. I can't wait to be a part of it and see it, personally.

This game has a ton of room to grow and it WILL.

Go back to WoW, but realize you're only playing a dieing beast. I will stay here and enjoy the next 6-12 months immensely, and can't wait to see what is to come.

What you fail to realize is this is 2012, not 2004. You can't compare WoW at release with SWTOR now. The MMO market is completely different now. The EQ grinders no longer dominate the western MMO market. There needs to be something else. BW needs to understand they aren't competing with WoW-2004. They are competing with WoW-2012 and Rift and Guild Wars 2, etc. The MMO landscape has changed. If BW wants to keep subs going, they need to execute on a better end game strategy than they have shown so far.

Edited by Knewt

What you fail to realize is this is 2012, not 2004. You can't compare WoW at release with SWTOR now. The MMO market is completely different now. The EQ grinders no longer dominate the western MMO market. There needs to be something else. BW needs to understand they aren't competing with WoW-2004. They are competing with WoW-2012 and Rift and Guild Wars 2, etc. The MMO landscape has changed. If BW wants to keep subs going, they need to execute on a better end game strategy than they have shown so far.

Ignorance is bliss and patience is a virtue. Cling to the latter.

Lol...

So you call it a copy of WoW, while completely ignoring the thing that separates it from every MMO ever released. Well done ;)