Endgame inplant

XhellsoulX

Which endgame implant would be better. So you guys dont have to look it up heres the stats of them:

Implant 1:

77 Strength

118 Endurance

48 Accuracy Rating

37 Defense Rating

Implant 2:

85 Strength

98 Endurance

51 Surge Rating

51 Critical Rating

As a maurader and strength being the main stat what 2 would be the best choice or should i use the combination of the 2? I also know that having accuracy and critical are good to have as a maurder so im not really sure which ones i should go with.

Wait what?

Crit chance = gold, atleast the way I play my carnage marauder. (up to a certain point obviously).

Much easier to get extra power/surge in other slots since you can just farm smuggler hats/gloves for enchantments.

Which also lets you get rid of some of that end.

those 20 accuracy just feel wasted to me :)

afterall the general consensus now seems to be that all you need is 98%/108% accuracy, and I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise, meaning as a carnage marauder you only need 2% outside of spec.

my preffered balance for Carnage is:

Str > 30% crit (unbuffed), 85-90% surge, 98%/108% Accuracy, and the rest in power.

With this much crit I pretty much always crit on my last ravage hit, which one of the biggest hits we got, and my massacre crits enough that it can be considered part of my base damage.

by balancing out I waste less to dimishing, and get great dps without my adrenals, and absurd dps with them.

Edited by Munx

Power is plenty high on the list already, the % I set for the other stats is in no way so high that I am in any way starved for power.

and this way I get more of a effect when I use power adrenal/relic, then someone who just stacks power.

My massacre does a steady 1-2.5k + 500-800 ataru proc.

I easily get up toward 8k total from ravage and 4-5k from scream.

With adrenal + relic + berzerk + gore I can spam 4-5k crits, which would not be nearly as effective without the stability in my crit chance.

I raid with 2 Anni marauders, both which I quite clearly out dps, as shown by the fact that I am the first to pull agroo of tank, despite always being the guarded one, I also usually finish my council member a considerable amount faster then them.

(Not that they would ever admit it, afterall who wants to be beaten by the "gimped" carnage marauder :p)

Also we use a hybrid Immortal/Vengance tank, which means the amount of single target agroo he pulls is considerable.

We have raided NM for quite a while, and enrage timers have never been a issue for us, so clearly the other marauders don't simply suck.

By all means, put your faith in stackin one stat, but from my point of view that just looks like you are limiting yourself to getting some insane force screams, while you leave the rest of your arsenal at mediocre.

And my all means, that implant is not a bad one, and I can defo see why someone consider it BiS, I just don't agree inregards to my own playstyle spec :)

Edited by Munx

I raid with 2 Anni marauders, both which I quite clearly out dps, as shown by the fact that I am the first to pull agroo of tank, despite always being the guarded one, I also usually finish my council member a considerable amount faster then them.

o.O What the heck? I would have a talk with them about their rotation if I were you. They're clearly doing something wrong. I'm thinking you beating them on council and doing far more DPS is a result of a large skill gap if anything.

Edited by Tumri

Of course, if someone is able to out dps a diffrent spec with a diffrent stat setup then you then clearly the players in that spec are doing something wrong.

Come on silly logic is silly :)

the only case where the dot spec truely has higher damage potential is on rep side, and that is ONLY because blade rush (reps massacre) is still suffering greatly from ability delay.

And because the ataru more frequently bugs out there, infact it almost always bugs out there.

I play both a Carnage Marauder and a Combat Sentinel, both raiding..

Each of them are in the top guild of the faction on the server.

But hey, mabye my entire server is just full of noobs :)

In all honesty, this has nothing to do with me playing my class better then they do theyr, clearly I know my class well as I''ve been playing it since launch, but in all honesty you are underestimating the potential of a balanced carnage spec.

Though I doubt anything I say is gonna convince you :)

Edited by Munx

Of course, if someone is able to out dps a diffrent spec with a diffrent stat setup then you then clearly the players in that spec are doing something wrong.

Come on silly logic is silly :)

the only case where the dot spec truely has higher damage potential is on rep side, and that is ONLY because blade rush (reps massacre) is still suffering greatly from ability delay.

And because the ataru more frequently bugs out there, infact it almost always bugs out there.

I play both a Carnage Marauder and a Combat Sentinel, both raiding..

And both do extremly well.

Combat/Carnage are viable but right now Annihilation is most definitely higher DPS. I go back and forth weekly and in the past I used to use a similar stat priority where I went for 30% crit and 80% surge before power. Even with that stat priority Annihilation came out ahead. I made sure I did absolutely everything right when I DPS tested the two specs and every single time Annihilation came out ahead by a significant margin. Not sure if you're doing something special or if they're doing something that's a little off but it's likely one of the two.