Congratulations for lvl 50! Here is your ticket to Azeroth, enjoy your flight!

Stradlin

so how would you 'fix' the problem you posted about? I can understand your post, but you didn't mention how you'd fix it.

When it comes to making world pvp more fresh and dynamic, I've been thinking of a mechanic that would give guilds and players arch nemesis or rivals to fight against.

I'd like to see guilds being able to form alliances. (playercap of an alliance could be..say, 100 accounts)Have big enough guild? Then form an alliance all by yourselves. Give these alliances an enemy; similar pile of people from opposing faction, thisly forming uhm.." fighting pairs" Give each of the happy couples a planet to fight over. I don't speak of some 30 min Warzone-ish event or pointless zerg of Illum, but something very permanent, slow and dynamic. Give these people an actual war to participate. Borders, scouting, destroying outposts, invading territory, losing territory.. so forth. Reward people and guilds taking a part in this with epics and fame.

When it comes to making world pvp more fresh and dynamic, I've been thinking of a mechanic that would give guilds and players arch nemesis or rivals to fight against.

I'd like to see guilds being able to form alliances. (playercap of an alliance could be..say, 100 accounts)Have big enough guild? Then form an alliance all by yourselves. Give these alliances an enemy; similar pile of people from opposing faction, thisly forming uhm.." fighting pairs" Give each of the happy couples a planet to fight over. I don't speak of some 30 min Warzone-ish event or pointless zerg of Illum, but something very permanent, slow and dynamic. Give these people an actual war to participate. Borders, scouting, destroying outposts, invading territory, losing territory.. so forth. Reward people and guilds taking a part in this with epics and fame.

This defiantly not fresh since many expects of what your describing was implemented in SWG but yea i would have no problem with anything listed.

By the time the casual gamer (you know, the ones who pay the majority of the bills) get to 50 (probably multiple times), there will be plenty of level 50 content.

If you're ahead of the curve, either wait patiently, or go play something else for a couple of months.

don't really much care about any of the above.. I'm paying for a service that is doing uhm nothing really much..took me 3 years to max a toon out in best gear and professions and whatnot in wow.. 1 month to gain full rakata gear and maxed synthweaving.. well almost maxed I think there are 2 recipes i'm missing Karagga's palace but its whatever. Bottom line... I'm bored... bored people don't pay subscription fee's.. Neat idea.. sorry it didn't work out :p

This defiantly not fresh since many expects of what your describing was implemented in SWG but yea i would have no problem with anything listed.

Eve Online has much of that going too. And(from what I have heard of) so did Warhammer Online, Lineage and some..Chamelot game or another.

Significant portion (if not majority) of people interested in experiencing content@lvl cap in TOR are very familar with quite identical content available in some other popular MMO. (Read: WoW.) Meanwhile, very few people in TOR have relevant amounts of experience from an MMO with dynamic wPvP going. ->It would be a fresh, unseen feature for vast majority of community.

Edited by Stradlin

See sig.

/thread

Originally Posted by Alundo

This game succeeds because the game starts at level 1, and not 50.

What about playing at 50? Is the only point of this game to re-roll and run the content again from 1-50?

If that is the point of the game, why is it a MMO? Most people level solo and engage in the more social aspects of MMOs at max level. If all they wanted was the 1-49 experience, they should have released this 3 years ago as a single player game. Have one side's story in the original game and release and expansion for the other side.

Edited by Knewt

By the time the casual gamer (you know, the ones who pay the majority of the bills) get to 50 (probably multiple times), there will be plenty of level 50 content.

Oh I'm certainly NOT saying I need MORE instances, and MORE raids, and MORE daily quests giving you some collectible token you need to save to buy a piece of armor. I have no issues with quantity. TOR has at least as much end game junk going as you would expect from a newly released MMO.

If we got all objective here, I wouldn't have an issue with quality either; it is a very well made 1:1 clone of WoW's end game and as such, it is very good and functional stuff really. Problem I have has to do with it being that 1:1 clone. Those very familar/bored with WoW's end game get tired of TOR's version VERY quickly.