Elara Dorne

Culveren

She hates my companion gifts, So far i have given her gold necklaces, some sort of animal skull, some sort of meteor, and an ammunition belt, and all have yielded zero affection.

Is that normal? I have 14 of the rare companion gift fragments, but i am worried she will hate it anyways?

Is it because I have murdered so many people that my eyes are glowing orange/my face is dark and covered in veins?

HOW DO I MAKE HER LOVE ME?

Maybe i just have cemetery game.

Edited by Culveren

Elara won't take courting gifts unless you're romancing her. No idea when that happens mechanically, though.

However, you'd be surprised to realize the gifts which get the most from her is actually Luxury items. Seems odd that such a by-the-book soldier would like it, but think about it. She's a by-the-book officer, but when she's off duty she probably enjoys the finer things in life (even if only in a regulation approved way :p )

She also takes Republic and Imperial memorabilia, IE, the history holos for each side. Other than that, I don't think she really takes anything.

Elara won't take courting gifts unless you're romancing her. No idea when that happens mechanically, though.

However, you'd be surprised to realize the gifts which get the most from her is actually Luxury items. Seems odd that such a by-the-book soldier would like it, but think about it. She's a by-the-book officer, but when she's off duty she probably enjoys the finer things in life (even if only in a regulation approved way :p )

She also takes Republic and Imperial memorabilia, IE, the history holos for each side. Other than that, I don't think she really takes anything.

What is the best way to obtain luxury items? Can i buy them?

You can buy Rank I/II ones at the Republic Fleet, but higher ones? You need a mission skill, IE, Underworld Trading or Diplomacy, which earn you some gifts, though the type can vary wildly (albiet some have a certain theme, so read through the descriptions and observe what comes from different ones).

Though... being Dark Side does NOT help your chances of getting affection from her at all... she's easily the most light sided member of Havoc Squad (Not counting the PC).

Edited by LukeDanger

Check out this gift chart:

http://dulfyforce.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/republicgifts.png

It's a little chart which shows you companion gift preferences. Unfortunately, Elara only has one primary preference (Luxury), although she'll also take Courting gifts if you romance her. She has a few "likes," but the affection gain will be pretty small, even for blue/epic grade 5 gifts.

Since my trooper is female, I couldn't romance her per se, but I've done romances on a few characters and noticed that they generally start accepting Courting gifts once you get a Flirt dialogue option, even if they didn't like Courting gifts at all previously.

Try LUXURY - Stuff. Get the "Small Gemstones" from the Companion gift vendor. At 200 Cr a pop, and feed them to her on cooldown, till they give less Affection. Then do the same with the 600 Cr Luxuries.

Also shes very lawful, likes regulations and proper military behaviour, so you should unsummon her in conversations, if you insist on playing darkside.

Edited by Kheldras

A little while after I completed Act I Elara got very chatty -- lots of statements, etc., all at once (chat after chat with no break in between). EA should have spaced this out a bit. Since then, nothing.

I would like EA to enhance this part of the game.

A little while after I completed Act I Elara got very chatty -- lots of statements, etc., all at once (chat after chat with no break in between). EA should have spaced this out a bit. Since then, nothing.

Sounds like a typical woman to me!

Thats because the companion quests are also set to levels as wells as points in your quest line. If you overlevel and over affection then you get this effect.

She hates my companion gifts, So far i have given her gold necklaces, some sort of animal skull, some sort of meteor, and an ammunition belt, and all have yielded zero affection.

Is that normal? I have 14 of the rare companion gift fragments, but i am worried she will hate it anyways?

Is it because I have murdered so many people that my eyes are glowing orange/my face is dark and covered in veins?

HOW DO I MAKE HER LOVE ME?

Maybe i just have cemetery game.

It worked fine for me. But I gave her about 5 gifts during the all game (lvl 48 on Voss now, waiting for the planet questline to be fixed). In 99% of conversations she agreed with my decisions and I had her at 10k in no time. The only problem is, as with other compoanions, that you have a whole act of silence followed by a storm of 10 conversations in a row. Nevertheless at the beginning of Act 3 I got her to marry me and we even discussed children.