Invited to EGA but stuck @ work

EzFlyer

anyone else trying to come up with excuses to leave the office?

I'm not gonna fake being sick. i need something better. something believable. help, please!

I'd claim a case of uncontrollable flatulence. You could offer to prove it if they'd like...

Edited by Thurgrayden

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suck on this one then.

Issue one:

Got my own company so the time I take off to play - less cash.

Both a plus and a minus IMO. I have more time to play, but if I do, I probably won't be able to afford the Epson TW-3200 homecinema-projector for myself as a christmas present.

So, choice one:

Be poor and play, having a blast but worrying about luxury stuff I don't need that I can't afford.

Or:

Work my *** off as usual 7 days a week, 12hours a day. Being able to buy technical thingies and whisky whenever I want to, but I'll have to settle for listening to livestreams of the game and watching my shiny access code. Perhaps I can leave the title screen up on the laptop to listen to the main theme.

Issue two:

6 months old daughter wreaking havoc on the livingroom floor, trying to blow the windows out.

Choice two:

Ignore the daughter and leave her to the wife. Swiftly ending up with me crawling the floor going "I'm sorry" for a few weeks. After having done the exact same thing with the BF3 release, I don't think this will be viable this time around.

Or:

Taking some load off my wife and taking care of the baby 6 hours a day. Changing fun gameplay and nerdy drooling for brown diapers, tiny screams of rage and messy clothes.

So. Yeah.

I don't like where this is heading.

rofl! choice 2 all the way, you can view the crawling/grovelling as yourself as anakin or something, and your wife can be palpatine!

Got email stuck at work.

Luckily my neighbors Christmas tree caught their house on fire and they weren't home so the fire dept called me to see if I had a way to contact them.

Man how lucky can a guy get.

Off to go home and play, don't worry I will try to contact my neighbors and yes I am just kidding.

very convenient fire, yessss :)

anyone else trying to come up with excuses to leave the office?

I'm not gonna fake being sick. i need something better. something believable. help, please!

No need to fake anything. Just put in for half day off and leave. That's what I did.

I can beat that:

I got in Tuesday (2nd wave, maybe 3rd), but haven't been able to play.

Got new case for PC coming today, will be the quickest assembly I have ever done, then look out here I come!

omg, people here would tear you a new one if they knew you've had access for days and haven't used it! get your priorities right, mister!

omg, people here would tear you a new one if they knew you've had access for days and haven't used it! get your priorities right, mister!

My priorities are quite straight.

I love the game and all, but electronics, gaming, etc, will never, ever take the place of family and friends. In this case, I had built a PC for a friend, turns out the case they ordered was crap, so I RMA'ed it, and swapped mine out for theirs. They had no PC or laptop, I had a laptop that I can work from.

This is just the first step in a long journey of building a new PC.

got to work at 8:30 this morning, got in on wave one. Eventually got on around noon after installing on work computer. Since students are taking exams and I'm proctoring them I had nothing else to do :)

lol i wish work pc had a video card

My priorities are quite straight.

I love the game and all, but electronics, gaming, etc, will never, ever take the place of family and friends. In this case, I had built a PC for a friend, turns out the case they ordered was crap, so I RMA'ed it, and swapped mine out for theirs. They had no PC or laptop, I had a laptop that I can work from.

This is just the first step in a long journey of building a new PC.

that's kinda the point.. your priorities are where they should be, ;) it was a joke

Trust me it'll be worse tomorrow. I got in Tuesday, and everyday I have to get up and be all responsible and come to work. Playing the night before just makes sitting here for 9 hours all the harder.

As long as i get my character name i wont care how often i get to play. Up till the 20th that is. If its the same situation they damn well better make more servers to balance out the populations. I dont care if they have to merge later. This is paid time were talking about.