SWTOR Minimum System Requirement is a hoax?

Samvan

I play on a amd 2.0ghz 2 gb ram gefore 8600 win xp.

Game runs like crap. But my comp is old sO meh. Do i wish it ran like wow did on mu comp, yea cuz i play lag and stutter free at 20-30fps which im perfectly happy with.

But im not gonna go spnd 700$ on a new rig that'll still run sw crappy.

They are.

I have an AMD tripple core Phenom 4GB ram and Radeon HD4550(?) laptop. Played Rift fine played SWTOR beta fine.

CANNOT get more then like 8FPS on SWTOR launch client.

It's too bad they cannot be held legally accountable for such an obvious oversight.

1. I disagree that SWTOR has "crappy" graphics. I think they look very nice, although they're a bit stylized. The matte paintings for the backgrounds could be a bit more high res, but overall some of the areas are quite impressive, e.g. Corellia.

2. The Hero engine isn't free. People keep saying this, and it's not true. There's a version that's free, but Bioware has licensed the engine for a fee, which was most likely substantial.

3. The minimum requirements are, I'm sure, not going to run the game well. Name me one game where they do.

SWTOR:

TERA:

So...can anyone explain me why a crappy graphics and free game engine like SWTOR require higher minimum system requirements while a 3x heavier performance game like TERA has lower minimum system requirements?

Because I don't even.....................

You can run SWTOR on a machine below minimum specs, with ok results.

The only big issue is your GPU shader version and drivers.

1. I disagree that SWTOR has "crappy" graphics. I think they look very nice, although they're a bit stylized. The matte paintings for the backgrounds could be a bit more high res, but overall some of the areas are quite impressive, e.g. Corellia.

2. The Hero engine isn't free. People keep saying this, and it's not true. There's a version that's free, but Bioware has licensed the engine for a fee, which was most likely substantial.

3. The minimum requirements are, I'm sure, not going to run the game well. Name me one game where they do.

Minecraft.

• 2 years later...