BUG? Companions never speak to me?

Deamonition

I was wondering if it's a known bug out if I just do something wrong.

To put you in context, I mostly quest with my brother, who has a trooper. He is close to 5000 affection with most of his companions. He often has those private conversations they request and that made realize I never have those.

Sometimes, I will see the small icon alerting me that they want to talk, but by the time I go to my ship, they don't want to talk anymore. And because of that, I am nearly 40, yet I am not even 3000 affection with any of my companion.

Also, the character I have problems with is my consular. I find it easier to raise affection with the other classes.

Thx for the comments and replies.

The icon itself is a bug. To see if your companion really wants to talk to you, click on them. If they say something like "I wish to speak with you in private," then you know they really do want to talk to you. If they say anything else, e.g. "Yeah," "I hate Sand People," etc. then they don't want to - even if there's an icon.

The icon itself is a bug. To see if your companion really wants to talk to you, click on them. If they say something like "I wish to speak with you in private," then you know they really do want to talk to you. If they say anything else, e.g. "Yeah," "I hate Sand People," etc. then they don't want to - even if there's an icon.

Ok, thx.for the tip. But still, whenever I go to the cantina our my ship, there never is a quest icon on them. Sites this mean that when they say "I wanna talk to you" I should stop everything and rush to my ship before they change their mind?

When they say "I wanna talk to you" I should stop everything and rush to my ship before they change their mind?

If they really want to talk to you (vs. just having a buggy display of the icon, which I also get), it shouldn't matter when you go to your ship to do so.

Ok, thx.for the tip. But still, whenever I go to the cantina our my ship, there never is a quest icon on them. Sites this mean that when they say "I wanna talk to you" I should stop everything and rush to my ship before they change their mind?

If they say I wanna talk to you, their mind shouldn't change. Although maybe it does if you lose affection with them. The indicator on their portrait is often bugged. Like the other poster said, talk to them to find out if they really wanna talk.

If they really want to talk to you (vs. just having a buggy display of the icon, which I also get), it shouldn't matter when you go to your ship to do so.

Ok well they really never wanna talk to me then. And no, I have no quest with them, because of that exact problem (they never talk to me)

Ok well they really never wanna talk to me then. And no, I have no quest with them, because of that exact problem (they never talk to me)

Well don't be mean to them. Treat them right! don't go slapping them around. Have you tried feeding them? :D

I have a similar problem with Kira. I am lvl 25 and she has been my active companion as long as has been possible. I get a vast majority of positive affection points with her, and often give her gifts. The icon comes up sometimes, but by the time i make it back to my ship, she has nothing special to say to me. Should I have had a conversation with her by now?

I have a similar problem with Kira. I am lvl 25 and she has been my active companion as long as has been possible. I get a vast majority of positive affection points with her, and often give her gifts. The icon comes up sometimes, but by the time i make it back to my ship, she has nothing special to say to me. Should I have had a conversation with her by now?

For some people, Kira specifically is bugged. For me she didn't say much until, I finished Act 1 (I believe that's correct) and then she wouldn't shutup for a while.