Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

No one will remember if a game is late, only if it's great.

Gilbara

Cmon guys... everytime a game fails to deliver the quality expected in a AAA title, you guys blame EA?

Was EA designing the silly world SWTOR got? The complete absence of immersion in the world? Poor music, poor everything that gives immersion in a RPG game.

Was EA designing this silly combat system with awsome animations but clunky and unresponsive? Sometimes abilities dont even trigger. Was it EA coders?

So, EA gives milions to this guys and all they can do is pets that start attacking 5 seconds after we give the attack command... voice overs that give a sense of emergency and doom, you get to the mission spot and its 3 mobs in a corn field, smaller than my tube?

Bazilions of loading screens, poor pvp performance... resuming just terrible design from the start. Orbital stations, rng pvp bags etc etc etc

ITS ALL EA fault.... seriously?

You guys are FANBOYS, this game got serious flaws... made by bad coders and by bad decisions in game design. Even if they had 30 years to dev this, the flaw was in the paper, and their own minds.

This game only exist cause EA give this guys money, or they would never have made this game even.

EA gives cash, devs fail at coding and designing.... EA pull the plug cause of bad use of resources.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have an axe to grind with Blizzard at all, I very much enjoyed WoW for the years I played it, I still think that WoW is a great game, but I got bored of the world. Yes, I admit I didn't play AO, at all, so I was ignorant on their launch, but as someone else said, WoWs launch was not to far behind that one.

WoW's launch was pretty good or not so much depending greatly on which server you landed on. For some, it wasn't the best ever, but for others it was pretty good. I was on an original server that was pretty good.

Labeling it an across the board failure is where you loudly proclaim your bias.

If WoWs launch wasn't so horrible with bugs that made the game unplayable, then why did I get nearly 2 month worth of free time?

Because WoW has, hands down, the best customer service in the industry? I know its all about hating on Blizzard these days, but at least make an effort to be objective.

I think it's funny how people think a game's launch has anything to do with the success of its future. You can release a total pos and polish it over time. Bottom line is that if it becomes the best mmo on the market in 1 year, people will be playing it regardless of how it performed at launch.

This is shown in pretty much everything we use/buy today. You can whine, you can cry, but in the end if there is nothing better, you will be using it. :o

That's not quite true. I stuck in there with Age of Conan over a three year course of history. It had one of the worst launches I've ever seen in an MMO. Almost nothing on the box cover that was promised was in game at launch. No DX10, no sieges on enemy keeps, PVP was horribly imbalanced (Tempests of Set regularly one shotting people for 20k damage, when the most HP anyone had back then was 10K).

Over time that game went from a terrible launch to being pretty damn amazing. Once DX10 was put in and once the sieges were fixed and once the new post-level-cap areas were added in with 6 man raids, the game was not only playable but extremely fun.

However, if you try to tell anyone that AoC is a great game, you will get laughed at. All anyone remembers is how terrible it was at launch, and almost no one will go give it another shot.

stopped reading there...

Didnt made you stop writing.

Anyway... my english sucks if thats the problem.

I can make it clear for you. The world is dead, no wild life, npc's all cloned and standing in one place, some even talk to nobody. No music, no weather... no nothing.

So my friend.. thanks to fanboys like you, we will keep getting **** games like this. Cause "hey its perfect"... so devs will keep ******* and delivering ****, cause morons like you keep paying.

WoW's launch was pretty good or not so much depending greatly on which server you landed on. For some, it wasn't the best ever, but for others it was pretty good. I was on an original server that was pretty good.

Labeling it an across the board failure is where you loudly proclaim your bias.

Because WoW has, hands down, the best customer service in the industry? I know its all about hating on Blizzard these days, but at least make an effort to be objective.

yeah, I am not going to even try anymore. I clearly state that I do not hate or have an axe to grind with Blizzard, and I even state that WoW is a great game, one that I played for many years. Yet you come back to state that I hate them? I'm done with you, you are obviously trolling.

Actually, i pay b/c i like the game. You pay and you hate the game. who's the "moron?"

I dont pay... I payed.

Payed for a hyped **** game. But I wont be paying anything else made by Bioware.

Fool me once, you wont fool me twice.

While I agree that it was rushed to a certain extent, I am not at all concerned about what experienced mmo gamers are doing. They (and they includes me) are a minority, and are not a representation of the gaming population that is the target market for TOR.

yeah, I am not going to even try anymore. I clearly state that I do not hate or have an axe to grind with Blizzard, and I even state that WoW is a great game, one that I played for many years. Yet you come back to state that I hate them? I'm done with you, you are obviously trolling.

If by trolling, you mean pointing out inconsistencies and/or flat out falsehoods, then sure.

They make the shoulders look good, that is it, everything else is the same if not worse then SWTORs.

Its the textures, why do people keep mentioning design, im on about , the painted areas.

Zoom in on your character and it looks like watered down paint has been used to colour it in and thats on so called high settings.

On a recent PC it does anyway (less than 2 years old)

Edited by Urko

That's not quite true. I stuck in there with Age of Conan over a three year course of history. It had one of the worst launches I've ever seen in an MMO. Almost nothing on the box cover that was promised was in game at launch. No DX10, no sieges on enemy keeps, PVP was horribly imbalanced (Tempests of Set regularly one shotting people for 20k damage, when the most HP anyone had back then was 10K).

Over time that game went from a terrible launch to being pretty damn amazing. Once DX10 was put in and once the sieges were fixed and once the new post-level-cap areas were added in with 6 man raids, the game was not only playable but extremely fun.

However, if you try to tell anyone that AoC is a great game, you will get laughed at. All anyone remembers is how terrible it was at launch, and almost no one will go give it another shot.

Pretty sure that's what I said, though i'm not agreeing on the success of AoC. (And yes, not everyone uses the most popular products against their will. look at mac vs windows users)

Edited by Aleutius

Its a shame too. AoC really did manage to turn things around pretty well.

Its a shame too. AoC really did manage to turn things around pretty well.

Played AoC later on for the first time, and was pretty amazed there weren't more players. I thought it was a gorgeous game. The fatality animations got somewhat repetitive, but it was really enjoyable (except for the fact that no one else was ever on lol).

Its the textures, why do people keep mentioning design, im on about , the painted areas.

Zoom in on your character and it looks like watered down paint has been used to colour it in and thats on so called high settings.

On a recent PC it does anyway (less than 2 years old)

http://image.aimoo.com/ForumImages/e5b53b11-13e9-4b7f-a01c-62aaf81b55b1/081031_101009_82561633.jpg

Highest settings.

WoW is great on a lot of things, the graphics on the other hand were just ok.

Edited by Wolfeisberg

I think it's funny how people think a game's launch has anything to do with the success of its future. You can release a total pos and polish it over time. Bottom line is that if it becomes the best mmo on the market in 1 year, people will be playing it regardless of how it performed at launch.

This is shown in pretty much everything we use/buy today. You can whine, you can cry, but in the end if there is nothing better, you will be using it. :o

Sorry, but that is just not true, both WAR and AoC are actually really good games now, but people arent going back, they had their chance and blew it.

The world is dead, no wild life, npc's all cloned and standing in one place, some even talk to nobody. No music, no weather... no nothing.

actually this is a true statement.

even in LotRO there are game world immersion elements we come to expect in any MMO, such as:

• Night and Day cycles
  • Wild Life that roam around and react to you when you get near them
  • Weather such as periodic rain and lightning
  • Excellent music, and such an amazing variety, it's really beautiful stuff

SWTOR has none of these things.

You think the textures on gear in WoW looks worse than the textures (forget the design) in SWTOR. :confused:

When you say WORST , are you on about say1680 x 1050 with everthing as high as they will go?

I bet you aint.

In order for Blizzard to develop more detail on armor, they increased the size of them. Thats why cloth armor belts are the size of WWE championship wrestling belts.

Thats why shoulder armor is about the size of your toon.

The textures and everything is amazing bad, the only thing different is glowy effects on weapons and shoulder armor.

Yes. I had everything cranked to the highest setting.

There's a thread where someone posted an awesome graphics fix, I'll try to find it for you (i'll pm you a link if I can find it again). After I did that, the graphics in this game are absolutely amazing. It was a day and night difference.

actually this is a true statement.

even in LotRO there are game world immersion elements we come to expect in any MMO, such as:

• Night and Day cycles
  • Wild Life that roam around and react to you when you get near them
  • Weather such as periodic rain and lightning
  • Excellent music, and such an amazing variety, it's really beautiful stuff

SWTOR has none of these things.

I'm willing to give up both those things in order to not have to read a piece of paper when I talk to an NPC.

I'm not completely sure what you mean on the wild life point. I can't remember any that weren't mobs back in WoW or AO.

And I think TOR's music is quite nice.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.