Jedi Shadow's are so fracking imbalanced. I'm lvl 41 and still can't pass Quesh!!

GdeBrown

Interupts interuots interupts. Thats how you beat casters. You have 4 (maybe 3 at that lvl).

Force stun, aoe knockback, spinning kick (tank spec) or low slash (infil), ST interupt all classes get.

Oh and the lucky holiday channel :)

I think I cc'd the caster. Pulled the melee dudes away and killed. Then fought the caster. Use resiliancy if you miss an interupt.

This quest has a few issues:

1) It's right near the start. I think it was the second quest I did on Quesh. That's great if you want to skip the planet, but it's pretty easy to go in at 34-35. I leveled to 35 while doing this quest. Bit deeper into the planet and players would be more likely to hit it at 36, which would be more appropriate (get resil at 36, which probably helps).

2) The spell damage makes the caster silvers do more damage than most heroic+2 scenarios prior to this point.

3) Needing to kill 7 groups is a bit much. It's very similar to a short +2 in that respect.

Basically the difficulty level is far higher than the rest of the planet's solo content, and it's right at the beginning. That's poor design. It's doable at or under-level, and the OP at 41 really needs to learn to use CC/interrupts, but the quest is also obviously out of tune.

Edited by Aryzyra

Quote:

Another great use of force cloak is when your companion dies in combat.

Force cloak -> dismiss dead companion -> summon again (the companion is alive and at full health)

ty for reinforcing my point garbald. this is really just a L2P issue shadows (particularly kinetics) are great at soloing, and infil is prob the best soloer, damage wise.

Edited by jedifather
quoted wrong post

So...just got to Quesh, and I got pummeled by the first Elite in the first room of Attis station. Here's the problem:

You are alone. I usually use Tharan while soloing, but this planet forces you to leave your companions on the ship and do the mission with Nadia *without* her help. I am full infiltration specced (as much as you can be by level 38) and the elites take me down within about 30 seconds because I can't interrupt EVERY attack they do. Even their basic lightsaber attacks take out a good chunk of my health, and all my gear is up to my level or almost there. I don't think a kinetic shadow would have any problem doing this mission, but as an infiltration shadow, I feel very much like a glass cannon on this mission.

What I haven't tried yet is switching to combat technique and putting my shield on. That may change things drastically.

So...just got to Quesh, and I got pummeled by the first Elite in the first room of Attis station. Here's the problem:

You are alone. I usually use Tharan while soloing, but this planet forces you to leave your companions on the ship and do the mission with Nadia *without* her help. I am full infiltration specced (as much as you can be by level 38) and the elites take me down within about 30 seconds because I can't interrupt EVERY attack they do. Even their basic lightsaber attacks take out a good chunk of my health, and all my gear is up to my level or almost there. I don't think a kinetic shadow would have any problem doing this mission, but as an infiltration shadow, I feel very much like a glass cannon on this mission.

What I haven't tried yet is switching to combat technique and putting my shield on. That may change things drastically.

You can dismiss Nadia and summon another companion any time.

I did every single planet, as a Kinetic Shadow, starting at least 3 lvls lower then the mobs with very few problems. As everyone else has said, l2p.

In that regard, a few tips, USE THARAN. This is the most important piece of advice I can offer. Keep your barrier up, it makes all the difference in the world. Mind maze is your friend, so is lift. Remember your skill that requires a companion. It gives you a solid 8 sec stun and a pretty decent HoT. Good luck.

Usually I’m all for pointing out the short comings of classes but in this case you're wrong.

I did that mission last night on my lv36 shadow. It's really a matter of using all of the abilities you have available. You can take at least one sith out of the fight for a full minute while you take out the other two, and If you’re using Qyzen then that’s another problem you'd have. I would not have made it without Tharan spamming heals and sleep.

I was surprised at how well the class handled itself, and shocked when I looked at those mobs in that mission. I died one time due to something stupid I did, but no class issues.

But if we were talking about the guardian then that would be a different story.

Pretty much. Or close to it...

It's on one of battles where you have to free the scientists, and the hardest one before the boss has you go up against one Sorcerer and two Savages or whatever. But essentially, 3 Sith.

First, I tried to CC by using the Mind Alter on the Sorcerer and work the other two down, but by the time I get to the second one, either my AOE or my Companion will do some kind of damage on the sorcerer cancelling the Mind Alter and then he just whips my *** with Force Lightning, or I get pounded by one or the other two while I interrupt/debuff his Force Lightning.

And it happens with each companion.

Use your mind maze(sap) on the elite like you have been. TURN OFF your companions AOE abilities, there are 2 i believe. Kill the 2 other mobs, vanish, heal up, kill the elite. Get used to doing this as the story quest on belsavis is far harder. Invest in some medpacs too.

I leveled as infiltration with a tank companion and have had no issue doing story quests at or below the level i should be. I see lots of people use our healer Theran and so does another shadow in my guild, i just found him to not fit with my playstyle and i like stabbing things in the back and trading agro when needed.

Edited by phluke

Wait..so you guys are saying that I *should* still have my companions on Quesh? Because as soon as I got there, my crew window in the bottom left corner was completely gone. If that's the case, this is a bug, and I should have no problem with it IF I can get my companion back.

It's not that I can't dismiss Nadia, you can't even use her this early. I have a total lack of ANY companion.

Pretty much. Or close to it...

It's on one of battles where you have to free the scientists, and the hardest one before the boss has you go up against one Sorcerer and two Savages or whatever. But essentially, 3 Sith.

First, I tried to CC by using the Mind Alter on the Sorcerer and work the other two down, but by the time I get to the second one, either my AOE or my Companion will do some kind of damage on the sorcerer cancelling the Mind Alter and then he just whips my *** with Force Lightning, or I get pounded by one or the other two while I interrupt/debuff his Force Lightning.

And it happens with each companion.

Well...

As far as AoE breaking the CC, you could simply move away from the guy that's CC'd since the two that you are engaged with will move lock step with you.

Seems easy enough to me.

Just a few detailed tips on that mission:

- Get the buff from the terminals... CUT DOWN dramatically the damage your receive from the Siths.

- Use Tharan and be sure you deactivate the EXTREMELY anoying DoT if you are Infil (it prevents you to stall the fights using Low Slash. If you are Kin/Balance then you can live with it on).

- When Tharan out... BE SURE you CC your enemies as much as you can. That way his healing will keep you higher on HP.

- Interrupt... Always interrupt. Usually there is 1 high damage skill the enemies use surrounded by most that do regular damage, learn to identify the Big Hit and reserve your Interrupt for it.

- If my memory do not fail you are put automatically into combat after one of the cutscenes. Force Cloak and restart the encounter so you can always Maze the Strongest Mob in each of the packs (In that case the Elite Sith).

- Against the Mazed Mob, use your Combat Potency + DPS Relic (if you have one) and "break" it with a Mind Crush followed by your prefered power based on the Technique you have used. This will trigger an initial burst that will help you tilt the balance if you are low on HP. OFC, learn to get the max of the Maze 60s and wait for breaking if your HP is low.

Wait..so you guys are saying that I *should* still have my companions on Quesh? Because as soon as I got there, my crew window in the bottom left corner was completely gone. If that's the case, this is a bug, and I should have no problem with it IF I can get my companion back.

It's not that I can't dismiss Nadia, you can't even use her this early. I have a total lack of ANY companion.

Press "n" or click the crew icon (looks like a diamond) on the top bar.

You should definitely get into the habit of using your keyboard more than your mouse in this game or any MMO for that matter. Healthier for you wrist for one, and a better game experience is a another. Dont click too much.

going to go into a bit more descriptive tips here than i did in my last post:

1. by 41 if you are infil specced you should be looking at 1/33/0 or something like that

2. turn off Theran's damage attacks (he'll still auto attack but will heal you more)

3. if your still low on health then switch to combat tech (yes you lose CS but itll help you hold aggro off of theran, which is y your losing so much health) if you do this DO NOT USE FB it becomes an aoe

4. CS-CS- Proj is your friend learn your priority for damage and love it itll get you thru most fights alot quicker than using abilities that are not "ideal" for infil spec

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=458#Infil <<<< this will give you the full priority if you dont know it. it is another thread but a very good one.

5 again as alot have said INTERRUPT everything you can

6. great opening moves for elites= stealth (obviously), spinning kick(2s knockdown), low slash, force stun --- this gives you about 12-15 sec of pure mayhem that you can bring down on said elites head without them damaging you at all. this alone almost guarantees most fights that you will win

Wait..so you guys are saying that I *should* still have my companions on Quesh? Because as soon as I got there, my crew window in the bottom left corner was completely gone.

You're not the first person this happened to. Hit "n" to bring up your companion selection screen and the problem should disappear forever, if the patch hasn't fixed it already.

Wait, I've just leveled here to 41, done all quests and had absolutely no problem with pure kinetic shadow. My main problem is that this planet is ugly and depressing.

I had more problems with heroics on Balmorra...

Agreed. I actually skipped a lot of the side quest, because the planet was depressing.

Hold the phone. I think people are giving you a free pass on this. You try tackling a planet without your companion and instead of thinking that's the issue, you jump on the forums complaining about class imbalance this and underpowered that!!! :eek:

That's the problem with a lot of post on these forums. People jump on to rant and to complain BEFORE they actually do any research on the issue. OMG...now I'm ranting :p It's time to kill some imps....see you boys & girls on Ilum :D

Hold the phone. I think people are giving you a free pass on this. You try tackling a planet without your companion and instead of thinking that's the issue, you jump on the forums complaining about class imbalance this and underpowered that!!! :eek:

That's the problem with a lot of post on these forums. People jump on to rant and to complain BEFORE they actually do any research on the issue. OMG...now I'm ranting :p It's time to kill some imps....see you boys & girls on Ilum :D

Negative...I figured that the reason this thread was started (notice I'm not the OP) was because you were meant to do this quest alone, without a companion. When I started reading about people using their companions, I got confused, and now I know that it was just a bug. I never claimed anything was unbalanced, I just figured this mission was designed to be done alone or with friends. If anything, the fact that I almost killed an elite all by my lonesome makes me feel *almost* like a bad ***.

I thank everyone who told me to bring up my crew window the other ways, I'm sure that will solve the issue. I won't have any problems at all doing this with Tharan.

Edited by RockysRevenge