What's wrong with this game?

Radubadu

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest just the fact you are having to compare SWTOR's endgame to other games at "launch" proves the game's endgame needs a lot of work.

Yes, because SW:TOR has been around for years and it's established and polished to a decent degree already - and could focus on mass developing End-Game content for months, if not years.

Yeah.. be realistic. I'm comparing MMORPGs at Launch with other MMORPGs at Launch. Because that's how one should compare a game of this type.

Does it need improving? Of course it does. Is it decent for a game of 2 month-ish? I'd say it'll do just fine.

PS: I've seen plenty of content in SW:TOR. Been having a blast running thru' the Game's storylines. Y'know.. that (non-important, lol) thing that Bioware is famous for and was one of the main selling points of the Game. I'd say the problem is stop looking at End-Game alone, that's a fraction of the content available at the moment.

Hello everyone!

We’ve had to remove posts in this thread for violating the Rules of Conduct, specifically regarding insulting and being disrespectful to other community members. We encourage you to please be constructive and civil in your posts.

If rude and insulting behavior continues, we will be closing this thread.

Edited by Zoggel
Format

And i take that as a "yes", I am so bored on SWTOR I rather spend my time on a forum fussing with JeremyDale :)

I love how all these people are supporting the game I love, even when they claim it is "bad"

Thanks for my future content. Sincerely.

Yes, because SW:TOR has been around for years and it's established and polished to a decent degree already - and could focus on mass developing End-Game content for months, if not years.

Yeah.. be realistic. I'm comparing MMORPGs at Launch with other MMORPGs at Launch. Because that's how one should compare a game of this type.

Does it need improving? Of course it does. Is it decent for a game of 2 month-ish? I'd say it'll do just fine.

PS: I've seen plenty of content in SW:TOR. Been having a blast running thru' the Game's storylines. Y'know.. that (non-important, lol) thing that Bioware is famous for and was one of the main selling points of the Game. I'd say the problem is stop looking at End-Game alone, that's a fraction of the content available at the moment.

I know what you are saying Dharkeon.

But this game had a huge budget and was in development for a very long time. There is really no excuse for it to comparable to other games 6 years ago at release. It should have been able to stand on it's own two legs against the current competetion, not the versions of 5,6 years ago.

I enjoyed the story too, and the leveling was a solid experience. It however ends way too fast, because you level up at light speed on this game and unless you are into making alts this game gets boring fast.

I know what you are saying Dharkeon.

But this game had a huge budget and was in development for a very long time. There is really no excuse for it to comparable to other games 6 years ago at release. It should have been able to stand on it's own two legs against the current competetion, not the versions of 5,6 years ago.

I enjoyed the story too, and the leveling was a solid experience. It however ends way too fast, because you level up at light speed on this game and unless you are into making alts this game gets boring fast.

Except it's not an excuse. It's just a reality. Programming world of warcraft and playing world of warcraft are two different things. When people understand this simple *********** concept then they'll understand why NO GAME EVER RELEASED WILL HAVE THE FEATURES OF A GAME WITH 7 YEARS OF LIVE POLISH.

I love how all these people are supporting the game I love, even when they claim it is "bad"

Thanks for my future content. Sincerely.

Don't put words in my mouth Tygranir.

I never said this game was "bad". I just said it gets boring at the end and needs more endgame content.

Except it's not an excuse. It's just a reality. Programming world of warcraft and playing world of warcraft are two different things. When people understand this simple *********** concept then they'll understand why NO GAME EVER RELEASED WILL HAVE THE FEATURES OF A GAME WITH 7 YEARS OF LIVE POLISH.

Sounds like an excuse to me.

There is really no reason for this game to have such a shallow endgame experience. I don't consider it a "reality" at all.

The least they could have done is make the leveling up process take longer if they were so intent on making the endgame so dull.

Sounds like an excuse to me.

There is really no reason for this game to have such a shallow endgame experience. I don't consider it a "reality" at all.

The least they could have done is make the leveling up process take longer if they were so intent on making the endgame so dull.

Except that it doesn't have a shallow end game experience. Your wrong, I don't know how else to say it. Honestly, can you name one mmo game that's come out with every single feature in world of warcraft and an extensive end game raiding scene? One game that has been a success.

But this game had a huge budget and was in development for a very long time. There is really no excuse for it to comparable to other games 6 years ago at release.

And there we go.

Doing some (casual, fail) math I can squeeze around 150 hours, minimum amount, of play time just for the Class-Based Stories. Multiplying those for the 8 currently available Classes and it gives quite a remarkable amount of content already in game.

The thing is.. it -has- content to compare. It simply isn't End-Game focused like all these other MMORPGs currently out there - and it's one of the main reasons why I'm so in love with it.

I've always had PLENTY of games in which I'd blaze thru' to reach End-game and raid\pvp\whatnot. What I never really had was a MMORPG that I'd have a blast of a time whilst leveling and then have fun (even if lesser) once reaching End-Game.

Except that it doesn't have a shallow end game experience. Your wrong, I don't know how else to say it. Honestly, can you name one mmo game that's come out with every single feature in world of warcraft and an extensive end game raiding scene? One game that has been a success.

And I'm saying it does. I don't know how else to say it either :)

Outside of flashpoints if enough of your friends are online there is absoultey nothing to do but some tedious daily quests in Illum and Belsavus. That's a recepi for boredom if ever there was one.

All other MMORPGs I have played kept me way more entertained and busy than this one has.

FF11 had a merit system I could work on to add new abilities and stats to my character, as well as strengthen the ones I already had. It also had a trial system, where I could complete different trials to upgrade my weapons and armor.

Lord of the Rings Online had an extensive deed system I could work on to improve my virtures. A skirmish mode, a Legendary Weapon and Relic system I could work on. Housing and Reputation as well.... ect

WoW had a LFG system that made accessing it's group-based endgame content simple and easy.

This game comes up short, way short compared to every other MMORPG I've invested enough time in to reach endgame.

Outside of flashpoints if enough of your friends are online there is absoultey nothing to do but some tedious daily quests in Illum and Belsavus. That's a recepi for boredom if ever there was one.

All other MMORPGs I have played kept me way more entertained and busy than this one has.

FF11 had a merit system I could work on to add new abilities and stats to my character, as well as strengthen the ones I already had. It also had a trial system, where I could complete different trials to upgrade my weapons and armor.

Lord of the Rings Online had an extensive deed system I could work on to improve my virtures. A skirmish mode, a Legendary Weapon and Relic system I could work on. Housing and Reputation as well.... ect

WoW had a LFG system that made accessing it's group-based endgame content simple and easy.

This game comes up short, way short compared to every other MMORPG I've invested enough time in to reach endgame.

So why aren't you playing one of those? Not trolling, just asking.

You admitted you've played 2 mmos. Did you play them at launch? Clearly not. For launch the game has plenty to do and more coming faster than any I've played and I've played many. Your wrong end of story and most people in this thread have refuted you. Thanks for paying for my content next month. Go back to whatever makes you happy.

And there we go.

Doing some (casual, fail) math I can squeeze around 150 hours, minimum amount, of play time just for the Class-Based Stories. Multiplying those for the 8 currently available Classes and it gives quite a remarkable amount of content already in game.

The thing is.. it -has- content to compare. It simply isn't End-Game focused like all these other MMORPGs currently out there - and it's one of the main reasons why I'm so in love with it.

I've always had PLENTY of games in which I'd blaze thru' to reach End-game and raid\pvp\whatnot. What I never really had was a MMORPG that I'd have a blast of a time whilst leveling and then have fun (even if lesser) once reaching End-Game.

Darkeon, I don't really consider rolling alts as extra content. It's more of an option, and you are basically just going through the same content but with different cutscnes. If you enjoy it fine, but not everyone is into alts.

And the leveling up process on this game just doens't last very long. It moves at a very very rapid pace, and even if you try to take your time - if you bother to stay on level par with the quests so the gameplay remains rewarding and challenging, it is very difficult to avoid not reaching 50 in the span of a month.

So why aren't you playing one of those? Not trolling, just asking.

You people really need to learn what "trolling" means....

And if you enjoy this game so much Tyrangir, why aren't you on SWTOR right now instead of calling people trolls on a forum?

And I probably will end up going back to them if this game doens't improve on the endgame soon.

You admitted you've played 2 mmos. Did you play them at launch? Clearly not. For launch the game has plenty to do and more coming faster than any I've played and I've played many. Your wrong end of story and most people in this thread have refuted you. Thanks for paying for my content next month. Go back to whatever makes you happy.

I'm not wrong.

I mentioned 3 MMORPGs, not two. I've played others but those are the only ones I played extensively. And all of them kept me busy far longer than a month after launch.

And as I've said countless times, just the fact you are having to compare this game to old games launched 5,6 years ago proves my point.

Edited by JeremyDale

They are upset because they don't have multi-tiered progression raiding at launch. I can understand that it is what they wnat, but it isn't there yet. Also, for the people who say "It needs to compete with MMOs now, not what they were at launch!" you are correct, it does need to compete, and the EA conference call shows that it is comparable to most MMOs out in sub numbers. But also keep in mind, WoW didn't release with nearly as much content as EQ had at that time, and it lagged behind for almost a year, but look at it now. Games can, and will, evolve.

You people really need to learn what "trolling" means....

And if you enjoy this game so much Tyrangir, why aren't you on SWTOR right now instead of calling people trolls on a forum?

And I probably will end up going back to them if this game doens't improve on the endgame soon.

Trolling is making a comment to garner an emotional response from another.

This is not what I was doing. I was genuinely curious as to why your are spending time on the SWTOR forums opposed to playing a game you find to be much more enjoyable. This is not trolling, but just asking a question.

They are upset because they don't have multi-tiered progression raiding at launch. I can understand that it is what they wnat, but it isn't there yet. Also, for the people who say "It needs to compete with MMOs now, not what they were at launch!" you are correct, it does need to compete, and the EA conference call shows that it is comparable to most MMOs out in sub numbers. But also keep in mind, WoW didn't release with nearly as much content as EQ had at that time, and it lagged behind for almost a year, but look at it now. Games can, and will, evolve.

Tygranir, dont' tell others why I'm "upset". I'm perfectly capable of voicing my own greivances, trust me :)

And I don't care what kind of content they add to be honest, rather it's raids or instances, housing, a item or skill upgrade system...I just want something to do period lol

Trolling is making a comment to garner an emotional response from another.

This is not what I was doing. I was genuinely curious as to why your are spending time on the SWTOR forums opposed to playing a game you find to be much more enjoyable. This is not trolling, but just asking a question.

Re-read what I said.

I never accused you of trolling. I said you needed to learn what "trolling" is, because you accused me of trolling the forums when I'm not.

I am doing exactly what I'm suppose to be doing on a forum. That is giving my opinion on what's wrong with this game and how to improve it.

Darkeon, I don't really consider rolling alts as extra content. It's more of an option, and you are basically just going through the same content but with different cutscnes. If you enjoy it fine, but not everyone is into alts.

That's the issue. Working and doing needed chores I'm taking, around, 50 days to reach level 50 with each of my characters. And loving each of them. Yes, I'll admit that I do press the space-key once in a while when I know what the characters are going to say during the Non-Class Based quests.

But the thing is - Watching the Game's different Stories (aka, "rolling alts") IS additional content in this game. It was one of their main selling points, after all.

Of course people who see that has a pain in the bottom will find the game to be sub-optimal when compared to other games, such as WoW (using it as reference since it was my "Main" for a long while), where all they wanted to do was End-Game.

- RL time reference, I don't go to the McDonalds and then complain that what I really wanted was Sushi. I'd go to a Sushihouse instead.

There are plenty of games available around. Each appeal to each's tastes. Luckily that's the world we live on.

(Bah.. wall of text again.. sorry)

Tygranir, dont' tell others why I'm "upset". I'm perfectly capable of voicing my own greivances, trust me :)

And I don't care what kind of content they add to be honest, rather it's raids or instances, housing, a item or skill upgrade system...I just want something to do period lol

There is plenty to do, just nothing you WANT to do.

Re-read what I said.

I never accused you of trolling. I said you needed to learn what "trolling" is, because you accused me of trolling the forums when I'm not.

I am doing exactly what I'm suppose to be doing on a forum. That is giving my opinion on what's wrong with this game and how to improve it.

....but I never accused you of trolling

Nothing is really wrong with it from a technical standpoint that should break your experience.

First thing to realize is that the users on the forum comprise maybe 2-5% of the actual game players, if anywhere near that much.

Second thing to realize is that it is a theme park MMO rather than a sandbox MMO, which means it will have a finite amount of content when it launches, until that content is fleshed out over the months and years of its lifespan.

Third thing is to realize the developers and managers have already spoken about the massive amount of content that is already created, voiced over, and built and in testing for future release. One of them said they were running through some of the content in a testing stage that wouldn't be slated for release into the game until 2013... they're that far ahead.

Fourth thing is that they are fixing things very quickly, and server maintenance times have now dropped from 8-10 hours down to 2-4 hours when they have them (unless it's a critical and extenuating circumstance).

Fifth thing to realize is that there are a number of players here from other games who feel that if this one didn't have all of their favorite pet features at launch, that means this game is a "failure", even if it took the others years to add those features in.

____

My best advice would be to pick a few characters and play them simultaneously, or play one to 50 and then start another. All of the stories I've engaged in have been well-written and are quite entertaining and enjoyable.

But at 50 at this point, there is a bit of a content gap while they get in gear releasing new features and content additions. If you aren't averse to playing multiple characters, and take your time and enjoy the game rather than racing to the level cap, you should have a good several months of playing time just with just the content they've released.