Mercs and Sorcs.

dcgregorya

In my opinion after some time at 50 it boils down to this:

Bolster favors mercs and sorcs because their end game talents are based around the likely HP and weapon quality of their enemies.

At 50, mercs and sorcs are adequately squishy. 1-49 they appear overpowered. This is because they hit near end game numbers of casted spells like tracer missile and force lightning but people have almost half as many HP and their weapons don't scale correctly with the bolster system.

Anyone have thoughts on this? This is not a QQ thread just something I've noticed and, being 50, have come to understand is actually relatively balanced once you have decent gear at 50 because the classes are balanced for endgame not leveling.

Personally, I think a tweak to weapon damage and HP for bolster would actually alleviate the problem without having to nerf the classes themselves.

Edited by dcgregorya

No what's broken with Sorc/Sage is the hybrid builds they only have to spend 11 talent points to get spammable force lightening and then get all the single target healing or dps/utility they could ever want from the other trees.

Not sure on Mercs...tracer missle spam is an issue but haven't played around enough to find a way to break them like a Sorc/Sage.