Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Levelling as Advanced Prototype?

Cazzoccide

With the right pet and the right setup, any spec of any class is viable for leveling. SWTOR has some of the easiest leveling in current MMOs. Roll your face on the keyboard, and you level. I've leveled as a tank Sin with R2V8 droid to heal me, as a healer Operative, etc., etc. Anything works.

Having said that, I don't recommend leveling Shieldtech. Too slow. And I too leveled AP to a certain point. But around 32, I think, I switched to Pyro and haven't looked back.

Having said that, I don't recommend leveling Shieldtech. Too slow. And I too leveled AP to a certain point. But around 32, I think, I switched to Pyro and haven't looked back.

I leveled 10-50 as Shieldtech and had no issues with speed whatsoever, if I had mako with me a majority of the time then she kept me going forward indefinitely. Heck I even went from Voss to all the way through Corellia with Blizz(edit: in dps mode to hold my dps gear and because his story comments were just plain awesome), although by that point I had outleveled and geared things with cybertech mods keeping me on the up side of things.

I could complete everything classwise solo from the beginning as well as some heroic 2's if I felt like doing them. The key for me was keeping mako mildly well geared, although I only did this through questing- Not once did I visit the GTN 1-50. Simply put there is nothing wrong with leveling as a tank, but I am trying Advanced prototype and levelling and I also like it ;-).

Edited by Broxalar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.