Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bizzare Nerf to Deception?

LiptonSoup

OK let me start off by saying this is by no means a whine thread, simply baffled.

- Deception Assassin is essentially a sorceror without the bubble and self healing that is also a meele class. (This is just general in terms of survivability.)

- With that said the only viable option we had for some survivability was toggling to Dark Charge when under heavy fire. Now, with the nerf to charge juggling (100 energy cost to switch.) Why are we getting absolutely nothing to help our already meager survivability.

- Any thoughts and constructive opinions are appreciated.:cool:

switching to dark charge isnt a good way to stay alive it never was. You want to stay alive thats what cool downs are for. Use force shroud and vanish and guess what you dont die. pop blackout as well if you want as you hit vanish and nobody will be able to see you. The only time I ever use dark charge is if im carrying the hutball or if im on the defend phase of void star i will just throw guard up on a healer and sit there keeping poeple from planting. Other than that I use surge even if I die cause surg gives much better damage. Poping dark charge isnt going to do anything. If you have to add an ac boost like that you are going to die anyway.

Good god, stop with the "cooldowns" nonsense.

Force Shroud WITHOUT 11 points into Darkness is 3 seconds of tech/force resist. You still eat everything else thrown at you. And 3 seconds is by no means a big deal.

Deflection is a +50%, true, but on 2 min CD. Unless you only intend to be combat effective for 12 seconds every 2 mins, that's not the answer.

Any other defenses? Nope. That's nowhere NEAR enough, for the kind of damage we do and wearing light armor. Go browse Marauder defensive cooldowns and cry. Oh, yeah, and they get medium armor, not light.

OK let me start off by saying this is by no means a whine thread, simply baffled.

- Deception Assassin is essentially a sorceror without the bubble and self healing that is also a meele class. (This is just general in terms of survivability.)

- With that said the only viable option we had for some survivability was toggling to Dark Charge when under heavy fire. Now, with the nerf to charge juggling (100 energy cost to switch.) Why are we getting absolutely nothing to help our already meager survivability.

- Any thoughts and constructive opinions are appreciated.:cool:

well...

we have vanish and force speed to **** when **** hits the fan.

when u get targetted use them - get away and turn around and come back when ppl picked another target. i sometimes vanish on 95% hp when i see that i have 3+ ppl hitting me and no healer in sight. then i wait till they found a new target to bash on and come back from behind and kill their healer. if used correct those tools give us quite the survivability.

Force Shroud WITHOUT 11 points into Darkness is 3 seconds of tech/force resist. You still eat everything else thrown at you. And 3 seconds is by no means a big deal.

Deflection is a +50%, true, but on 2 min CD. Unless you only intend to be combat effective for 12 seconds every 2 mins, that's not the answer.

Any other defenses? Nope. That's nowhere NEAR enough, for the kind of damage we do and wearing light armor. Go browse Marauder defensive cooldowns and cry. Oh, yeah, and they get medium armor, not light.

force shroud, if used correctly, is very very powerful...

3 secs is alot cos it can completely negate the burst of another assassin/shadow f.e.

if used correctly...

You dont know how you play your class. You dont use force shroud for a long term stop you use it because it removes the dots t hat will break the vanish. Seriously your deception you have force cloak on a 1 min cool down you can use it whever you want to remove dots to restealth. Im sorry the only time I die is if i get focused fire and then all the ac in the world isnt going to save me

You dont know how you play your class. You dont use force shroud for a long term stop you use it because it removes the dots t hat will break the vanish. Seriously your deception you have force cloak on a 1 min cool down you can use it whever you want to remove dots to restealth. Im sorry the only time I die is if i get focused fire and then all the ac in the world isnt going to save me

Ok liar calm down, go back to your cave.

Um, force cloak is on a 3 min cooldown and can be talented to 2 min, not 1.

Well it was never intended to be able to go full Deception and still use Dark Charge 100% of the time. The "fix" was very necessary for the long term. However, assassin's survivability outside of Dark Charge has to be looked at. Survivability cooldowns are too long and they aren't as tough as they should be.

Um, force cloak is on a 3 min cooldown and can be talented to 2 min, not 1.

yeah sorry i ment force shroud is a 1 minute cooldown to remove the dots and can be used whenever. Force cloak is a 2min but 2 min cooldown is more than enough to escape getting getting killed when you really need it. I mean its no different than anyone elses cooldowns. I dont understand why the dark charge change really matters since switching to dark charge really wont help you unless you already have a shield with absorb already equipted since just adding ac will only reduce damage a small amount, you cant absorb damage without the right off hand equipted and if you are doing dps you wouldnt have that equipted.

Edited by Kotome

For the love of pie... if you are going to come into a thread and spout nonsense about "cooldowns" you better know what you are talking about.

Resilience/Force Shroud is 100% Tech/Force resistance, which means that anything that does "weapon damage" ignores it.

Deflection (same for both Shadow and Assassin) is +50% to ranged/melee DEFENSE, which doesn't reduce the damage of attacks that land and does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING against Tech/Force attacks (they ignore the Defense mechanic).

Shadows/Assassins have VERY, VERY poor defensive cooldowns. This is a HUGE ISSUE for the Kinetic/Darkness specs who are set up to tank, and translates into a massive active defense issue in PvP. Exacerbating this issue is the fact that Shadows/Assassins have the WORST static mitigation in the game out of all of the melee classes.

Don't come into a thread and spout nonsense.

ney, the CD are pretty bomb. if you use em correctly, healers makes our vanish spell go from great to amazing.

u should get 2 lives every time if u use ur CD correctly, its hard but u can. not to mention we have what 5 interupts u gotta be able to stop some incoming with dmg with that right?

(6 if u count vanishishing a chaneled spell?)

ney, the CD are pretty bomb. if you use em correctly, healers makes our vanish spell go from great to amazing.

u should get 2 lives every time if u use ur CD correctly, its hard but u can. not to mention we have what 5 interupts u gotta be able to stop some incoming with dmg with that right?

(6 if u count vanishishing a chaneled spell?)

I heard it's pretty "bomb" to properly spell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.