The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Consular Headgear: about 4 variations... (?)

MithrilSoul

Currently level 47, trying to find any sort of headgear that I might like. So far, from all the moddable headgears I have come across, there are basically around 4 or 5 variations only.

1. The (usually?(always?) metal headband look. Nice if you like the minimalist approach. On the negative side, wearing this with a hooded robe keeps the hood up rather than down.

2.The facemask look...something that completely covers your face, usually not even providing eye holes. Creepy if you ask me. Why anyone (rather than, perhaps, a darkside shadow) would wear one of these is beyond me.

3. The lampshade look. Lots of variations of this one, but what they all have in common is you are wearing some piece of headgear that is about the size of a lampshade. don't even get me started on this one.

4. The "plain cap" look. Only one of these I have found was a lvl 15 orange moddable one that is bright white...which is strange since virtually none of our other armor options are even close to white.

As far as I can tell, that's it. Has anyone found any other options out there I am missing?

yeah, the ops gear (columni rakata etc) which i like to call the gay Roman Legionaire look.

Probably falls in his "lampshade" category. I call it the showgirl look.

I like the circlets and the facemasks, that's it. You can pick up leather-looking circlets too, not just the metal ones.

On the other side...the sith have a few awesome face masks, but their other headgear is no better than ours. Don't know what else we'd wear though, tbh. Jedi in the movies were always open faced or hooded.

You can choose to hide your head slot, then it doesn't matter what you wear.

Actually it still does matter...

I am currently using a chestpiece that is a hooded robe. I *love* the look of it...except I really want my head to be exposed, not covered with a hood. With any of the "big" head slot pieces showing, the hood is down (which is what I want), but of course then I have an ugly head piece on my head. So I assumed that meant that if the head slot is showing, the hood of the tunic is down; if the head slot is not showing, the hood is up.

Sadly... no no no no no.

Because when I equip one of those circlet-style headpieces and have it showing...the hood is still up as well. :mad:

What I want is an option to have my head slot hidden (or, if it has to be showing, have it be a very minimalist head slot like a circlet), and yet keep the hood of the tunic down. And right now, that apparently is not possible in the game. :(

What I am looking for is a moddable circlet, but can't find any... anyone have suggestions for where to get a moddable circlet?

First I remember seeing one of those was around lvl 37. There is a moddable circlet that drops in either Taral V or Maelstrom Prison (whichever of those two flashpoints is rated at level 37). It is called either Shadow Striker's Headgear or Shadow Strider's Headgear (or something really close to that). Since that time, I have run across a couple of others, included a crafted one synthweavers can make that has a lvl 47 minimum level to equip (whose full name eludes me but it has the word "Brocart" in it I remember). Requires synthweaving 400 to craft it IIRC. But I also ran across at least one other somewhere between lvl 37 and where I am currently (lvl 47).

Whether there are any moddable circlet-types before lvl 37, I do not know.

Currently the only option you have (until they give us a hood toggle) is to wear one of the moddable robe with the hood down. I'm currently wearing the Jedi Initiates Vestments and they have the hood down permanently, and there are several in the same style that look the same, like the Jedi Master Robe. I know this definitely isn't the ideal thing to do since it means giving up the robe you currently have. They REALLY need to give us a hood toggle *and* fix the clipping issues with hoods and other face gear (like Miraluka masks). That way maybe Revan can finally keep his hood up during the Foundry fight...

There's a moddable circlet on Hoth as a quest/mission reward but I can't for the life of me remember where. One of the outposts east of main and where you run straight down the path into an underground area. You don't have to turn right or anything. Gah, sorry - not much help but I was pleased to find one because I was fed up with lampshade/showgirl hats.

What I am looking for is a moddable circlet, but can't find any... anyone have suggestions for where to get a moddable circlet?

If you have Social III, the Cantina Social Vendor on Alderaan sells the House Ulgo hat (really a headband) for 300 creds. [social IV has one too...kinda weird looking if you ask me; and Social V has a prisoner collar and another headpiece]

You can also buy one from the Equipment Commendations vendor on Hoth with 12 commendations.

If you wanna see what the Social Sets look like:

http://swtor.gamingfeeds.com/2012/01/18/breakdown-social-gear-sets-for-the-republic/

On another note...aside from Fleet Commendatiorns, anyone know how to get an orange mod ifiable belt?

Edited by CalBears

2.The facemask look...something that completely covers your face, usually not even providing eye holes. Creepy if you ask me. Why anyone (rather than, perhaps, a darkside shadow) would wear one of these is beyond me.

Your eyes can fool you--don't trust them!

My Consular is a Miraluka anyway. I don't have eyes. :p

I do agree though. Consular gear is largely meh to me. I don't mind the crowned masks so much, but I'm still not really a fan. My consular is using a mask, but I still disabled the head (I have my own mask anyway, from my creation choices).

Unfortunately, my mask or my hair clips through everything else anyway. So I don't use them. Circlet mettle? Straight through my mask. Squat cap thing? Straight through mask. The lampshade hat? Hair goes through it.