Cult of Boab Fett?

hawkeyesfan

So a few days ago it was cold out and I had nothing better to do that day so I watched The Trilogy for probably the 15th time in my life. I don't have a working VCR anymore so I cannot watch the unaltered versions.

So for a few minutes in ep IV Boba Fett is in this one now for like 2 minutes. In Empire obviously there is a decent amount of runtime with Boba in it say 10-15 minutes tops. Then in Jedi he dies within the first half hour but is actully only on the screen for say 5 minutes. He has very little dialogue 'he's worth a lot to me alive'. So how has he become such an iconic figure in the Star Wars legacy?

I fully admit he was one of my 2-3 favorite figures when I was a kid. Not Slave 1 though I had it but always thought it looked like a junker. He has books about him, a game (that was fun btw). I'm sure someone has asked this before on some Star Wars forum but watching the trilogy it dawned on me how was this guy made so famous for 20 ish minutes of airtime?

His popularity probably stems from the EU stuff.

There's several comics I've read that portrayal him as a bad arse.

The huge mass of EU of him didn't come till after all the fans of his wanted him back from death. In fact Boba should have actually died so many times already, but writers just seem to cop out on his death so fans wouldn't be pissed.

The huge mass of EU of him didn't come till after all the fans of his wanted him back from death. In fact Boba should have actually died so many times already, but writers just seem to cop out on his death so fans wouldn't be pissed.

Like Maul, Boba was a nobody villain and then suddenly GL and the writers didn't know how popular he would be so they expanded him.

Honestly I loved his armor and hardcore "bounty hunter-ness*.

Wasn't until Jango Fett that I fell in love with the Fett legacy and

Mandalorians as a whole. Then Karen Travis really drove that love of

them home. I'm more of a Mandalorian lover than a Boba Fett fan.

I'm not one that cares whether he lived or not, really >.>

What bugs me is Jango really got shafted in the films. Personally I

wish that GL had gone his original route and had a young Boba kill

Mace Windu instead of the Emperor/Anakin double team *shrugs*

But that's just me lol

Like Maul, Boba was a nobody villain and then suddenly GL and the writers didn't know how popular he would be so they expanded him.

Ya...I just hope they don't do the same with Maul as they do with Boba, have him cheat death so many times.

1. Boba fell into the sarlacc...like what? 3 times? If its that easy to get out of one, I don't see why people complain.

2. This was the most obvious cop out I think "oh...hey Boba your dying due to tissue degeneration, reoccurring tumors and liver failure. But don't worry we have this special needle that will cure all of that."