The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Interesting hybrid build?

SuperValkryie

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801GRG0boroZMcbZbIbbz.1

Well this is either really ingenious or really stupid. Basically this focuses on hard damage mitigation, (9% with ion cell) plus the damage bonus of HIB.

Currently with my PVP gear I am at 21% of hard damage mitigation across the board. That's without stims etc and I'd say pretty damn good in my opinion.

There's a lot of thought of skills put into this tree and interestingly enough has quite a bit of flexibility.

Some skills people may question:

Ceramic Plating: I honestly can't pass up that 2min Adrenalin Rush, that's really why I take it. And shield cycler, it will only activate 50% of the time on shielded attacks... Hmm probability of being used compared to Adrenalin Rush? Now you know why I use it.

Power Armor: Hard damage mitigation, I can't pass it up...

What are you running, Plasma Bolt? Because if you run Ion Bolt you are wasting 3 points in superheated in the Assault tree.

But he can switch back and forth between the two Cell's. Like I do. But yes, they are wasted otherwise. But you gotta make those choices sometimes for increased damage. I personally am going: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hRMZ0MZbIbrdhGMs.1

So far I have gotten a lot of mileage out of it. What the guy above is putting up for his build is not bad in my eyes. But part of me really say's that he is missing out on some good DPS from the free High Impact Bolt's from SS and IP. But to each his own.

My only improvements would be to cut down most of the Tactics points and put the rest into Assault. Or take the points out of Assault and put them into Tactics so I can atleast get Gut for the DoT/Damage, since your going to be in close a LOT anyway.

Also putting some points in Static Surge didin't ever hurt anyone. The extra 30% more crit damage is juicy.

If you look at some of the interesting hybrid tank/assault builds you will find the three point waste. Very rarely would I ever consider this to be smart, but seeing my HIB crit for 2600k on a target is something to grin at. It's a built on other builds mentioned on this board. I'm not sold on it, and I will agree that I would like more out of the assault tree. If I could just live without storm, then maybe everything would alright. Oh how I do love that skill.

If you look at some of the interesting hybrid tank/assault builds you will find the three point waste. Very rarely would I ever consider this to be smart, but seeing my HIB crit for 2600k on a target is something to grin at. It's a built on other builds mentioned on this board. I'm not sold on it, and I will agree that I would like more out of the assault tree. If I could just live without storm, then maybe everything would alright. Oh how I do love that skill.

I agree, storm is an amazing ability. I still think they should switch out Harpoon for it.

If you want damage reduction, use Taugrim's build otherwise use the common shield/assault hybrid or even Oozo's Tactics/Assault hybrid. There are no better builds than those three for PVP. Don't expect to last long in PVP even with all the damage reduction, the only way you can do it is to kill the opponent faster than he can kill you and in all honesty have yet to see a good vanguard that relies on damage mitigation (maybe taugrim but hes not on my server)

The problem with that is, you CAN do that, but at a cost of spec's overall synergy.

A spec's synergy is what makes a spec powerful in most cases.

Your quite right Artful. Just it is an option. Right now they have it so frustrating with Assault, as you gotta grab points into something you won't use in order to get what you want out of the tree. It just is sooooo frustrating.