The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can a vanguard do more damage then maurader?

sixfreshcookies

Hmmm, im going to have to say, sometimes. They are pretty ridiculous if they ever get the chance to do their dmg, but its pretty difficult with all the cc in this game. Overall tho, with their group buffs, they are pretty nice to have with you, just for them alone. Edited by Loveshock

Not head to head if equally geared from my experience

Which is why when I have no choice but to face marauders 1v1, I have to make sure I use cryo grenade and neural surge to break their momentum, get some distance, land a few 10m attacks, then dive back in and pop the 25% crit and crit relic as soon as opportunity arises (not too early, otherwise you might run out of steam midfight)

Yeah Maras/Sents can dish out A LOT of damage, IF they remain in melee range. In fact on my Vanguard the only class I am really scared of is a well played, right speced Mara or Sent. Sad fact is mara/sents are a tough class to play well, and even more tough to spec right, so you get a lot of really bad easy to kill Mara/sents and then you run into a monster every now and then.

Vanguards if specced for damage can do real good damage because usually they can keep dpsing a target if they are in within 30M of their target which is pretty easy to maintain. A lot easier than maintaining 4M.