Morsexier's Second Video, Rage of the Juggs

Morsexy

I would have felt like a real **** if I didn't get this posted soon.

Since it took so long, I made it extra especial!

Follow the links to the specific sections in the subheading of the video, I might further subdivide this up later as it is a bit on the long side.

Edit: apparently typing the word that has the definition of

: a stupid awkward person : simpleton

: boor, philistine

is a dirty word, and bioware owns my joke. Well played Bioware.

Edited by Morsexy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sicko video that opening game how u stole the ball with 10 sec to go ....woWWWW!!! Ha, nice 6.8k crit brutha. Hieroglyphics is the dope shyt my dood, good music choices. Predator theme song for the win BB. good looks son, cya on soap.

Honestly, if you're making a montage, I'd cut out a lot of the scenes where you do something dumb like leaving the node to fight 1v1 and letting them cap, fighting off in a corner not contributing to team play at all, or failing at your choice action.

Your video is unnecessarily long, poorly edited, and has poor choice of clips. With the clips in your video that are actually good and/or worth watching; your video would be under 5 minutes.

Edited by Yssta

49:50 mins? really?...crazy jugg these days

Yea it was a bit on the long side, but the way I think about it is that its really 3 movies in one.

1. 23 minute movie about warzone stuff

2. 17 min movie about world PVP, 2v3s etc

3. 8 minute movie with tips and commentary

I just put them all together.

Yea it was a bit on the long side, but the way I think about it is that its really 3 movies in one.

1. 23 minute movie about warzone stuff

2. 17 min movie about world PVP, 2v3s etc

3. 8 minute movie with tips and commentary

I just put them all together.

It's unnecessary, honestly. You've got some good clips in there, but the sheer length of the video detracts from it. No one wants to watch a 49 minute video about someone else playing a game. No one.

It's unnecessary, honestly. You've got some good clips in there, but the sheer length of the video detracts from it. No one wants to watch a 49 minute video about someone else playing a game. No one.

So don't watch it then.

Let me tell you what I think no one wants to watch. A 5 minute montage of just random 5k-7k crits. If you paid attention, which clearly is a problem for you, you'd understand what is going on.

You didn't watch the video clearly. You're like one of those people who derided the Sopranos without ever watching it.

Couldn't see the movie yet, but 50 mins video is just to *********** long, no matter what your argument is, even if it would be full of awesome scenes, it would get redundant....

just my 2 cents...going to watch it when I am able to (prox it, got problems :/)

So don't watch it then.

Let me tell you what I think no one wants to watch. A 5 minute montage of just random 5k-7k crits. If you paid attention, which clearly is a problem for you, you'd understand what is going on.

You didn't watch the video clearly. You're like one of those people who derided the Sopranos without ever watching it.

Not really. I understand that you're defensive because I didn't compliment your video, but take what I say at face value instead of just rejecting it outright. I wasn't saying that your video should've been all about damage and big crits. What I was saying is that you should've cut out a lot of the clips in your video because it had some nice moments to it, but the sheer volume of the rest of the clips detracts from them. Sure, you can toss some smart plays in there; but be aware what those actually are. Every juggernaut has had plenty of charge kills and captures in Huttball; what makes your play different than the rest? That's what people want to see. Sure, you can showcase all the mediocrity you want, but that's still not what people want to see.

What a video that long shows the educated viewers is that you either don't know what good play is or aren't able to pick and choose what clips you use. Personally, I lean towards the latter assumption, but my point still stands. I highly suggest that you remove the vast majority of the movie and allow people to appreciate your more intelligent plays.

I wanted to come back to this.

You know what the word abdicate means right?

:rolleyes:

Once again great vid Mor. Although it was on the long side, I had awhile to wait until class so I had time =P. Lol at Ozzie, and even more lol at Fatozzie.

Can't believe my embarassing charge death at 50 hp was featured >.<

Not really. I understand that you're defensive because I didn't compliment your video, but take what I say at face value instead of just rejecting it outright. I wasn't saying that your video should've been all about damage and big crits. What I was saying is that you should've cut out a lot of the clips in your video because it had some nice moments to it, but the sheer volume of the rest of the clips detracts from them. Sure, you can toss some smart plays in there; but be aware what those actually are. Every juggernaut has had plenty of charge kills and captures in Huttball; what makes your play different than the rest? That's what people want to see. Sure, you can showcase all the mediocrity you want, but that's still not what people want to see.

What a video that long shows the educated viewers is that you either don't know what good play is or aren't able to pick and choose what clips you use. Personally, I lean towards the latter assumption, but my point still stands. I highly suggest that you remove the vast majority of the movie and allow people to appreciate your more intelligent plays.

:rolleyes:

and what makes you the expert on what people want to see? If you watched it then you wanted to see it. He didn't force you to watch it.

and what makes you the expert on what people want to see? If you watched it then you wanted to see it. He didn't force you to watch it.

For one; I've got a degree in the film industry. I'd say that I've got a fair bit of experience with editing and movies. I'm giving him constructive criticism. If he wishes to take advantage of it, more power to him.

Edited by Yssta

Once again great vid Mor. Although it was on the long side, I had awhile to wait until class so I had time =P. Lol at Ozzie, and even more lol at Fatozzie.

Can't believe my embarassing charge death at 50 hp was featured >.<

That was a good clip of 2v3. But yes, sorry about that <3.

What I learned.

Wait on targets. Honestly I usually commit too fast without much thought.

Bring a healer

stun/mez/root/fetal position.

And lastly that if you are a Jugg and the other team is organized they will score on you before you can even react.

Edited by Kotoll

For one; I've got a degree in the film industry. I'd say that I've got a fair bit of experience with editing and movies. I'm giving him constructive criticism. If he wishes to take advantage of it, more power to him.

Just from examining your deviant art page, I have to say "lulz" at all the people trolling you there and your responses.

I liked the ninja edit as I went to quote this. Now it is getting REAL up in here. I'd love to know where the 'degree' is from now that it is so heavy here.

Edit: Now i know where I've seen your name before. You're king of the out of context screen shots of 400k damage in warzones with the only healer on you, and saying "it gets better" with no help or tips why.

Anecdotes are anecdotes my friend, post your edited Gestalt Movie of Juggernautness.

Edited by Morsexy

Just from examining your deviant art page, I have to say "lulz" at all the people trolling you there and your responses.

I liked the ninja edit as I went to quote this. Now it is getting REAL up in here. I'd love to know where the 'degree' is from now that it is so heavy here.

Edit: Now i know where I've seen your name before. You're king of the out of context screen shots of 400k damage in warzones with the only healer on you, and saying "it gets better" with no help or tips why.

Anecdotes are anecdotes my friend, post your edited Gestalt Movie of Juggernautness.

If by people trolling me you mean the same one person that posts angry things on my wall every 6-months or so, then we agree about the "lulz."

I've got a degree in film making from Maine Media College in Rockport, Maine, and I currently go to school at the New York Film Academy for acting.

Look, I'm not here to troll you or to be your enemy. I may be harsh in my critique at times, but that's through my own faults and not meant in an attack. I said it before and will say it again; there are some very nice clips on your video, but they get lost in the sheer volume of the rest of them. I honestly think your video would be much better if you just used the best clips. You could cut it down to 3-5 minutes in length and it would be a great montage.

Your misguided attempts to discredit me because you dislike what I'm saying serve no one's purpose, least of all yours. You should take a step back and honestly think about what I'm saying instead of getting defensive.

Edited by Yssta

Bad video is bad. The sad part is that once given constructive criticism OP crapped the bed and went on the warpath...so we know he won't be learning from his mistakes. Quit dry humping your ego; nobody wants to see that long of a video unless you are doing something amazing.... btw you aren't.

You have to realize that in long videos, people tend to jump around a lot and thus your better clips (the ones you want people to recognize you for) get lost because people have VERY selective attention spans. Create a video that highlights your best play and put it up, that's the best way to approach it. A 5-7 video of all highlights has an effectively higher concentration of good and viewable clips than a 45 minute monster.

You have to realize that in long videos, people tend to jump around a lot and thus your better clips (the ones you want people to recognize you for) get lost because people have VERY selective attention spans. Create a video that highlights your best play and put it up, that's the best way to approach it. A 5-7 video of all highlights has an effectively higher concentration of good and viewable clips than a 45 minute monster.

Thats fair. And then people come in and say things are out of context. Can't please everyone tbh, and I made the video that I wanted to make, with PVP in context and various clips.

Perhaps in the future I'll make 5 videos and post them under different headings with this amount of footage, since in reality that is what the video could be broken up into.

Bad video is bad. The sad part is that once given constructive criticism OP crapped the bed and went on the warpath...so we know he won't be learning from his mistakes. Quit dry humping your ego; nobody wants to see that long of a video unless you are doing something amazing.... btw you aren't.

Where to even begin.

You guys know that everyone can see all the posts you've made, since they turned on the search function now right?

You're a video game blogger? Really?

Anyways I have no problems with the first post above, you really cant win them all in life.

States his opinion

TLDR.

/sarcasm off

If you had started with some version of the last two posts I would have responded differently. In fact I only responded to you because you posted your bribble on the first page, and most people only read the first page of forum threads.

Maybe that's a nice lesson for you in the future, don't show up and spout off something and demonstrate you clearly watched none of the movie, then come back, and defend yourself in a ton of posts.

Now I had a vision for a super long movie indexed so that both camps are satisfied, can watch a specific part should you like, or in full context if you prefer to do that. Could it have been done better? Sure, but you have to work with the medium you're given, in this case Youtube, and I did not major in Film.

@Morsexy,

I watched your video and have read over everything on your guide (impressive BTW!) and I had a few questions for you if you don't mind me asking?

I have played every class available to the Empire now to around the mid 20's as I'm trying to find something I enjoy enough to stick with it for the years to come. Right now, I have a Sin that I love playing but I simply hate the story and the companions. How well do you do against stealth classes in 1v1 and what would you suggest as a way to gain control of the fight quickly. Also, how well does your Rage PvP spec do against the tank spec of the Sin and do you find them to be difficult to defeat with equal gear? I mainly ask because I love the ability to stealth up to a target and attack them on my terms and, unless I get 1v2 on me, I have not found Warriors/Guardians to be all that difficult to kill as a Sin.

Basically, I want to play a class that has some decent survival skills while still able to put out enough DPS to make the enemy target think twice. Can you help convince me that this is the way to go for me?

Thanks!

Basically, I want to play a class that has some decent survival skills while still able to put out enough DPS to make the enemy target think twice. Can you help convince me that this is the way to go for me?

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words.

I view Juggernauts as the class that is a B+ in every category that matters in PVP. What this means is that for any one category, some class will likely be better, IE openers and Operatives. Operatives weren’t nerfed though their damage output was, because they were an A+ in damage AND openers, which is too powerful in the way Bioware stated they think about PvP balance. Now with the way Operatives should spec, they have 80% of the damage they did on their opener, but do not fill your resolve bar, meaning they need to synergize skills for their true power to come to light. So I would rate them as an A+ opener, and B- damage, but that A+ opener means in relative terms the damage seems much higher than it is.

Juggernauts I believe operate in the same way. Any class can run the ball, but no class can run the ball as quickly(over the long term, not the short sprint, and even then I’d say it is close) or effectively as we can, and can recover from what another class does as well as we can.

We also have an answer to anything any other class does to us. The Synergy of three of our B+ abilities makes us a formidable force to deal with. In your case, if a stealth opens on us, I use judgment whether I should trinket now (and get 1500-2800 health back through talents) or save that for later as a nice on demand heal. Force Crush is one of the best abilities in the game currently, since it does triple duty. When geared correctly it ticks for 800-1000ish (off the top of my head) and can crit on the last tick for 2500+. It obviously provides us with stacks for smash while allowing us space to kite and to get a guaranteed charge, synergizing with our 4 piece PVP set for a massive burst.

From here we have many interesting counter move options, Force Push which I love for any situation, and Force Choke which are both great stoppers of a class in the middle of a burst\CD sequence. When we’re sub 25%, Endure Pain + the warzone heal pot means we have a new lease on life.

We can also be pretty tricky since Force Crush is on such a short CD, and the second time it is up in any given fight, use it and kite away(even using Obliterate here to speed away) and Saber Throw and Execute from range. I feel a weakness I see in a lot of Juggernauts is this sort of jittery desire to use smash ASAP, when it could or should be saved for the correct moment(s) since the buff to crit and +% dmg both last for 15 seconds.

As for what to play, all I can say is that you should play the class you like the most, as no one will truly enjoy a class unless it fits them. I played warrior as my main for all of WoW, and wouldn’t pick anything else for SWTOR.