Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Crewskills...

Aleeha

..are totally useless and just another aspect for people to complain about until you nerf them, BioWare. Just remove this from the game. You don't really need them while leveling.

You can use modded gear until 50, you can buy better mods than you can craft from dailies at 50, you can run FP hm's with modded gear at 50 and then get columi commendations and columi gear from FP hm's at 50 and run EV/Kaon with modded gear while you're farming gear from FP hm's.

100% of the current end-game can be completed on ALL difficulty levels without BioChem.

So the only reason to have crafting in the game is to inflate the economy. Just sell all the items for credits or commendations.

Edited by Aleeha

..are totally useless and just another aspect for people to complain about until you nerf them, Bizzard. Just remove this from the game. You don't really need them while leveling.

You can use heirloom gear until 80, you can run heroics with questing greens at 80 and then get badges and badge gear from heroics at 80 and run LFR DS with blue badge gear while you farm badge level 2 gear.

100% of the current end-game can be completed on ALL difficulty levels without alchemy.

See what I did there...

OP's too lazy to level Crew Skills and must have been undercut on the GTN.

Really? You are seriously amazing and should use that gift of clairvoyance to predict next weeks lotto numbers. Really, you're truly gifted.

Just as an FYI:

I play on the Darth Sion server of blah population, Imp side - level 50 marauder and various toons ranging from teens through 40. I have completed all the content including NMM modes.

When I leveled my first toon I did not being leveling any crafting skills until I had hit 50. I leveled artifice and then realized prior to the nerf how much better biochem was for ME. The Rakata items were amazing, however, the caveat is that I must have BioChem and it must be 400.

Along comes the NERF BAT and nukes BioChem into the ground. Rakata suddenly isn't all that special anymore and I can have an alt craft bio packs infinity and give them to my main to use.

So now with alts who have 400 cybertech, synthweaving, biochem, I'm free to do something else with my main - back to Artifice I go.

But really is there a need? NO. ZERO. NADDA. ZOMG WTHBBQURAN00BWHOSCLUELESS.

Really, I'm not and here's why.

When I leveled my first 50 as I said I didn't use any crewskills. I got all the moddable gear I could find and as I gained levels I just replaced the mods and other gear with planet commendations. Yep, didn't buy anything off of the GTN and I leveled to 50 during EGA so there just wasn't anything on the GTN.

When I hit 50 I started doing all the dailies on Ilum and Belsavis. Guess what, the mods you get from dailies, yeah, they've pretty much got a lot of awesomefactor to them. I still didn't need to craft anything.

Then I ran FP's and got tion gear and commendations, then I ran FP HM's and get columi commendations and gear, then I ran EV/KP and then HM and then NMM modes. I've never been able to get a freaking helmet yet so that's still modded gear from dailies but everything else is Rakata or Columi.

The bottom line is crafting isn't needed and is only a "social" aspect of the game. Let's get stuff that really is going to have an impact on the game; oh, like maybe.. hmm.. Some new cool super elite bosses and stuff.. :-)

You know what I love better then rant threads? People who think that their opinions are fact, but in actuality are far from that.

Besides Biochem and possibly Cybertech the rest crew skills are indeed pointless. Noone buys them on the GTN and they get replaced by commedation/flashpoint gear so fast. Found myself crafting stuff just to have an appropriate crew skill level. When I found I used essentially none of my crafted items switched to Biochem and never looked back.

Edited by DigitalDreamz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.