Stop the AIM hate! (Aim based companion? Read this.)

Phydra

Who says no one will use them for more than daily quests in endgame? Can you see into the future and know all the expansions and their content?

The point is, until/unless there is a direct statement by BioWare otherwise, this is a glaring inconsistency in the companions and, as such, it should be fixed. It really is as simple as that.

Frankly, had I know this was the case not only would I not have rolled a consular, I would have waited on buying the game until I knew it was fixed. You see, I play healers exclusively, I rely on Qyzen, and no, actually, the level 50 techblade I got from an ArmorTech is NOT as good as some of the things I would see in the "end game content", NOR is it better than what I would quickly mod into being were I actually able to GET a moddable weapon for Qyzen.

Not to mention there is damn little change of convincing anyone to hand an upgrade to my COMPANION should one drop in a FP or OP.

Finally, I didn't say that you did say they were moddable; but you certainly imply they were "as good as a moddable" and, to be accurate, they're not.... again, that's the point.

Complaining about gear you have now, because you want better for "The future expansions and content" is ridiculous, as it stands now the blue weapons do their job just fine. And in the future when more content is released, you'll most likely get better weps or even moddable ones.

Not to mention they are on par with the weapons that are moddable, if you put better mods in them then of course they won't be.

Though the very fact that a blue weapon is pretty much killing your ability to play your class is.... really sad. =/

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, your argument is based entirely around a hypothetical future.... Right. And I never said people don't use companions at 50, I said they're used mostly for dailies. And for those you don't need a companion with epic mods.

So....you do not believe BW will release any content in the future? lol

Hey, why do you presume to know how everyone uses their companions?

So....you do not believe BW will release any content in the future? lol

Hey, why do you presume to know how everyone uses their companions?

No, I believe that WHEN they release content, you most likely will get upgrade for your companions.. Just as you did while leveling; but even then I DOUBT new content that utilizes companions will be coming out in the near future.

And I try not to think about how most people "USE" their companions.. *Shudder*

But I do know what you can and can't use companions for in endgame. Can't bring them into WZs, a full FP group, Ops, Illum.... So what's left? Dailies... quests you hadn't finished... Standing around on the fleet? It's called drawing a logical conclusion.

FWIW - I know Torian can use Techstaffs as well. I'm not sure if there are moddable versions of these out there, I have seen electrostaffs that are, but there's almost never any techstaffs on the Galactic Market.

Aside: Pet peeve time, please stop labeling techstaffs as an electrostaff. "Ferver Grand Vanquisher's Electrostaff" is actually a techstaff.

No, I believe that WHEN they release content, you most likely will get upgrade for your companions.. Just as you did while leveling; but even then I DOUBT new content that utilizes companions will be coming out in the near future.

And I try not to think about how most people "USE" their companions.. *Shudder*

But I do know what you can and can't use companions for in endgame. Can't bring them into WZs, a full FP group, Ops, Illum.... So what's left? Dailies... quests you hadn't finished... Standing around on the fleet? It's called drawing a logical conclusion.

I use mine while I go farm biochem material. Can I use them for that? You doubt any new content will utilize pets? What about when Bioware ups the cap to 60 and adds more quests? DO you think people may use them for quests in the future?

I use mine while I go farm biochem material. Can I use them for that? You doubt any new content will utilize pets? What about when Bioware ups the cap to 60 and adds more quests? DO you think people may use them for quests in the future?

He attacks the nodes with his staff does he?

And I already have said several times that in the event that new content is implemented that utilizes companions, you'll most likely get upgrades for them just as you did while leveling. Please read better in the future.

im in lust with mako but she has the same script as my warrior pet.my warrior pet has the same script as my republic robot , wee bit watered down but qyzen burps when he talks. T7 09 says ready to roll and i believe him cos hes 150 years old

And he has wheels.. don't forget the wheels. :cool:

(1) There are no moddable/orange techblades in the game.

(2) There are no AIM hilts in the game (as would be needed by techblades or staffs, etc).

So, alas, no.

It's been tested and found that strength attribute works for ole Qyzen. So that solves the hilt problem. But actually the hilt is for weapon damage level + endurance mostly for a tank, so while the +strength helps some it's very secondary for Qyzen (same would be true for Aim).

There is no current solution for the moddable/orange weapon I agree. On the other hand, does not having a moddable weapon for a companion really gimp them? Not IMO. It's nice when you are leveling so you can upgrade the weapon as you go, but techblades are very easy to find on weapon vendors and armstechs make them so it's not like you cannot get one really easy.

My point is, this is easy to work around until they get around to fixing it. You are blowing it out of proportion IMO.

He attacks the nodes with his staff does he?

And I already have said several times that in the event that new content is implemented that utilizes companions, you'll most likely get upgrades for them just as you did while leveling. Please read better in the future.

I can get biochem crafting material from killing creatures too....

I have seen a couple fully moddable green (!) weapons as quest rewards on Hoth with my agent.

I think one of them was a tech staff, but I might err there. I definately know that there was a green fully moddable electro staff too. They've been limited to the respective companion though.

*snip*

If you agree and would like to see this fixed (and the sooner, the better), please join me in using the signature you see on this post. *snip*

That reminds me of people on youtube making some stupid statement and then asking for 'thumbs up'.

Why not just submit your complaint and leave a copy of it on the thread for others to submit as well if they feel so very strongly about it instead of a yellow signature stating that BW hates this or that? Especially considering you previously in your post called it an oversight.

It's easier/more profitable to just hunt for nodes.. especially in the next patch.

Nodes are few and far between. there are more critters about who give the same amount as nodes....but thanks for trying to tell me how to play my game.

From what I understand, in beta some of those companions were ranged...they converted them to melee and didn't fix the stats...which seems weird to me, but several people who played beta for a while have said things like that in the forums.

Some, Qyzen was always melee though.... It seems the vast majority of changes to their main stat... Was for accessibility to gear. Least it seems that way imo, they may have done it just to mess with us ^^

Nodes are few and far between. there are more critters about who give the same amount as nodes....but thanks for trying to tell me how to play my game.

Then you have a poor node farming route... But you're welcome, from your comments it certainly seems like you need it.

From what I understand, in beta some of those companions were ranged...they converted them to melee and didn't fix the stats...which seems weird to me, but several people who played beta for a while have said things like that in the forums.

I think about half the companions have been completely remodelled late in beta.

Class and skillsets have been mixed good.

You still see Kaliyo use a knife and a shotgun, for example. She can be equipped with one blaster (rifle or pistol), but no melee weapon.

I think tech and electroblades have been available as alternatives, for the different damage type, before they've been assigned to one pet or the other, causing the current issues.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.