Accuracy in Endgame

Quijibo

Accidentally posted this in standard warrior forums so here goes again.

Okay so I know that Accuracy after 100%= armor piercing, but my question is where does this cap??? Right now I think with 2 skill points used I'm at 109.7%, will I cap if I go 110% or can I go higher...or should I even go higher???

Accidentally posted this in standard warrior forums so here goes again.

Okay so I know that Accuracy after 100%= armor piercing, but my question is where does this cap??? Right now I think with 2 skill points used I'm at 109.7%, will I cap if I go 110% or can I go higher...or should I even go higher???

Accuracy after 100% does not increase armor penetration, not sure where people are pulling this from. Accuracy over 100% decreases your opponents defense rating, which is a stat on your character profile. Defense is your chance to parry, deflect, etc etc. By increasing your accuracy to 110% you pretty much nullify all the base defense ratings that every class gets (hint: Inquisitors start with a base 10%). Don't go any higher then 110%, ever, it's a waste of stats. For most Marauder builds you should be focusing mostly on power and surge as mainline stats; we have a lot of guaranteed crits. Accuracy comes with power, and crit comes with surge. Try to lean a little more towards power, but keep some surge.

Its hard to reach 108% even as a Carnage marauder. We can get 3-6% more accuracy than the other specs.

Both Battlemaster and Rakata grant the same amount of accuracy. And that would grant me 106%. I dont see how we can even get to 108% without the help of Accuracy potions.

Its hard to reach 108% even as a Carnage marauder. We can get 3-6% more accuracy than the other specs.

Both Battlemaster and Rakata grant the same amount of accuracy. And that would grant me 106%. I dont see how we can even get to 108% without the help of Accuracy potions.

could be Theorycrafting for future tiers.

You're misunderstanding. The 108% is for SPECIAL ATTACKS. When you hover over your accuracy you see your Special Accuracy. It's 10% higher than your regular accuracy. If you have 98-100% accuracy then you're capped for specials.

You're misunderstanding. The 108% is for SPECIAL ATTACKS. When you hover over your accuracy you see your Special Accuracy. It's 10% higher than your regular accuracy. If you have 98-100% accuracy then you're capped for specials.

I think he was still wondering more about basic accuracy, especially since this is the marauder forums and the majority of our attacks come from basic accuracy. Special attacks are a handful of our arsenal. Special attacks cant miss. They can be resisted by tanks, but cant miss.

huh.

Assault, BAssault, Ravage, Massacre, annihilate, vicious slash...It's all white, aka, Normal damage, Which is what Normal accuracy increases.

Force Scream, Force Choke, Force Push, Slam are yellow dmg, aka force damage, which is affected by special attack accuracy.

So yes, Warriors will have "10% unneeded" special accuracy because they need 108-110% regular accuracy.

huh.

Assault, BAssault, Ravage, Massacre, annihilate, vicious slash...It's all white, aka, Normal damage, Which is what Normal accuracy increases.

Force Scream, Force Choke, Force Push, Slam are yellow dmg, aka force damage, which is affected by special attack accuracy.

So yes, Warriors will have "10% unneeded" special accuracy because they need 108-110% regular accuracy.

No. Assault is your only Basic Attack.

Basic accuracy only applies to ONE SINGLE ATTACK. Assault. Every other skill we have is based off special accuracy. You gear for 98-100% regular accuracy.

Assault is a melee move though. Where did you hear all our abilities fall under special attacks? In our abilities screen, the majority of our attacks are listed as melee. those melee moves do damage in a white colored font, our force attacks do damage in yellow colored font. On our character screen, its telling me right now ihave 100.46% Melee accuracy. So you can understand my confusion. Where did you get your info? Im not saying your wrong. I just want some proof.

Assault is a melee move though. Where did you hear all our abilities fall under special attacks? In our abilities screen, the majority of our attacks are listed as melee. those melee moves do damage in a white colored font, our force attacks do damage in yellow colored font. On our character screen, its telling me right now ihave 100.46% Melee accuracy. So you can understand my confusion. Where did you get your info? Im not saying your wrong. I just want some proof.

That's the current consensus among all classes having Accuracy requirements.

It doesn't say melee. It says 100.46% Basic Attack Accuracy and, probably 110.46% Special Attack Accuracy.

Try spamming Assault and you'll find you'll get dodged/parried quite a bit. I for one have never seen a Battering Assault get dodged/parried though.

Edited by Kibaken

That's the current consensus among all classes having Accuracy requirements.

It doesn't say melee. It says 100.46% Basic Attack Accuracy and, probably 110.46% Special Attack Accuracy.

Try spamming Assault and you'll find you'll get dodged/parried quite a bit. I for one have never seen a Battering Assault get dodged/parried though.

Actually it does say Melee. Look at the top of the tooltip that pops up. It says Melee Accuracy : (insert current # of accuracy)

Also if this was the case, why is the wrong number showing up in our character screen displaying the accuracy for Assault?

But then again, Sorc attacks are mostly special right? so the special accuracy % should show up there...but it doesnt. Very confusing.

They way you 2 were talking sounded like there had finally been a response to this question from BW.

Actually it does say Melee. Look at the top of the tooltip that pops up. It says Melee Accuracy : (insert current # of accuracy)

Also if this was the case, why is the wrong number showing up in our character screen displaying the accuracy for Assault?

But then again, Sorc attacks are mostly special right? so the special accuracy % should show up there...but it doesnt. Very confusing.

They way you 2 were talking sounded like there had finally been a response to this question from BW.

Actually there is a seperate tab for Force and Melee accuracy, it shows up properly there. Making what the abilities state for what each abilities type equals the melee or force accuracy we have. You can even see the melee accuracy only under the melee drop down menu, you can see force(special) accuracy under the force drop down menu.

Bioware haven't said anything(though I really wish they did). People have tested with in-game footage and found that the accuracy cap is either 108% or very very close to it. Edited by Tumri

Some testers form the BH forums on SithWarrior have claimed that 108%(Specials) is the accuracy cap for raids. Others say it's 110%. You have enough IMO.

That doesnt answer the question though, for those of us that do both. If Inquisitors have a base 10% defense rate, I wonder what the other classes have. If Jugs/BH/Troopers/Guardians have more than 10%. If they all have 10%, then 110% would be where you'd wanna be at. And it wouldn't hurt in Raids either.

There is an easy way to settle this, use Obfuscate on a fellow marauder and see if his attacks miss.

Melee/Ranged Vs Tech/Force != Basic Vs Special

Something can be a Basic Melee attack (Assault) or a Special Melee Attack (Battering Assault, Vicious Slash, Massacre, etc).

Obfuscate would affect both of them.

Edited by Kibaken

Dunno if it's really 110% though it feels more like 105% (as in 5% accuracy from gear and talents) .. been doing hm/nm EV on my guardian and forgot to switch my pvp trinkets to pve ones and hadb't missed a single attack (with 5% accuracy from gear and talents normally 10%), my marauder is on also on 5-6% from gear haven't missed a single attack in on Soa Hard.. Edited by itstoasted

Dunno if it's really 110% though it feels more like 105% (as in 5% accuracy from gear and talents) .. been doing hm/nm EV on my guardian and forgot to switch my pvp trinkets to pve ones and hadb't missed a single attack (with 5% accuracy from gear and talents normally 10%), my marauder is on also on 5-6% from gear haven't missed a single attack in on Soa Hard..

From exhaustive testing (at least in PvE) the cap is at 8% extra. So, 98% basic accuracy / 108% special accuracy. Those numbers are relatively easy to achieve, but being slightly off won't kill you. Come on over to sithwarrior.com if you want to chat about the specifics of the testing or talk to the people that have done it (it was a marauder that did the bulk of it, fwiw).

And just to kill it once and for all - accuracy > 100% is NOT in any way, shape, or form, armor penetrating.

About 108% for PVE, 105% for PVP for special attacks.

Special attacks are the only thing that really matter. They are all abilities except your lvl 1 basic attack.

Anything beyond that is wasted as you've already reduced non-tank spec armors to 0% chance to parry/deflect (for pvp) and for pve have already reduced mob parry/deflect rate to 0%.

whats funny, is you are looking at the wrong thing.