Good companions for Assault Commando?

AstralFire

For DPS Dorne is the go to choice. I've never been a fan of the tank companions in this game. They got the aggro part down, but they take too much damage. It's a bad combination. They aggro more than they can withstand. I'm thinking it's this way on purpose. Bioware didn't want people taking a companion to tank for groups, in the same way that a companion healer won't be able to heal a group. They can heal 1 person in the group, but if more than 1 person takes damage they won't be able to keep up.

I don't know exactly what your spec will be, but Assault Spec has some talent points that require you to be targeted to get the their effect. You wouldn't want a tank companion if you spec into those points, since a tank companion would have enemies attacking it instead of you.

Don't know assault spec, I run with gunnery. But Elara Dorne is definitely easy mode. Some people say that Aric Jorgen will let you grind faster. But with Elara you never even have to stop and heal/reload.

They're both very effective. Tank companions are for healer specced people.

Aric or Elara IMO. I don't use either of the other 3, I might gear them up @ 50 and then try but for now, I just use those 2.

I'm level 48 Assualt Spec Trooper on a PvP Server. I usually have Elara out, for the saftey net that if an IMP trys to jump me, I pop a quick heal on myself plus her heals, then go onto the offense, instead of worrying about keeping myself alive.

If I'm in a solo zone where I know its just me or other friendlies, I usually pull out Aric for the extra dps. I feel as though, I do stop more after the fights, the fights are shorter and I find I level faster.