'AFking' in Warzones.

Ruins

On my server, in the 10-49 bracket, there is one specific

fellow who constantly runs out of the spawn and just stands

there, doesn't attack or advance very far, and only moves if

he dies, and that is to return to his previous spot.

Not only is he getting valor and Warzone coms from the loss or the win, hes also getting credits and even experience, for just standing there, doing nothing. One day while doing the pvp daily, I finally had enough of this guy 'farming' the warzones, so I wrote a Report Player ticket describing my frustrations with this individual, and eventually got this response:

http://i.imgur.com/LEs6g.jpg

So apparently we can farm the Warzones all we want, who cares about playing them, we may get 'less experience or credits', but hey, if you're allowed to be afk, what does it matter?

:)

xcuse me sir but he pays the same amount as you

AFKers are toxic to the community. They make the game less enjoyable for the people who are forced to group with them. This is why Blizzard and other game companies forbid this type of behavior and have systems in place to discourage it.

Edited by belialle

AFKers are toxic to the community. They make the game less enjoyable for the people who are forced to group with them. This is why Blizzard and other game companies forbid this type of behavior and have systems in place to discourage it.

Or they could just allow 8 man premades and stop forcing people to be grouped with people they really don't want to be grouped with.

It would also get rid of the rediculous 5v8 matches that are currently being made.

Would be cool to have a window in the pvp queue, where you can place a name of a person that you wish to never be grouped together with in warzones.

Soon afterwards these leechers will realize that they rarely find groups, and will have to make an alt and earn the respect to not be avoided from warzones.

Edited by Krondorf

Or they could just allow 8 man premades and stop forcing people to be grouped with people they really don't want to be grouped with.

It would also get rid of the rediculous 5v8 matches that are currently being made.

This isn't going to stop people from AFKing. Dream on. I can agree with you that the things you mentioned are problematic, but they are not directly related to the matter at hand.

As far as I'm concerned, AFKing is just another form of cheating. If BW actually condones this behavior, it severely shakes my faith in them. I feel annoyed and disgruntled just thinking about it. If what the OP says is true, this is a very good reason for me to consider unsubscribing. Same thing goes for win trading in Illum. These are serious issues to me. If BW doesn't take them seriously, it's hard for me to take BW seriously.

@Krondorf:

I like the way you think. I would love to see some actual social consequences for leechers and people who engage in other forms of general ******tery. It would be nice if we had some incentives to encourage these kids to play well with others.

Edited by belialle

There is an AFKer on our server who has been doing it for a few weeks at least (since we first noticed him) and he claims it isn't against the rules . Since he has been reported many times and nothing changed, clearly Bioware doesn't care.

I know an afker who afk'd his way to BM. The problem w/ the current pvp reward system is:

1. Medals can be farmed, DPS classes who have no business tanking or healing can easily get those medals, while REAL healers have to struggle to get more then 5.

2. The valor rewards per match far exceed the valor rewards per medal, making afk'ing a very viable strategy to reach BM. While they get fewer commendations, commendations aren't as valuable as valor.

3. The game's afk detection system is terrible. Not only can it be reset on some spawning areas, but it doesn't detect the real afkers on the battlefield.

I would suggest that if you know of one of these AFK people, is to look for them and just kill them. The common afk locations are not that hard to find.

They don't need to add in any gameplay changes to prevent people from AFKing, they don't need better detection or anything like that. What they DO need to do, is to make it against the rules as it's basically ruining other players' experiences by making the matches 7 vs 8. That's a 12.5% decrease of your team's potential ability. And it is completely unacceptable for them to just ignore this and say "they get less credits, experience etc.", sure, they get less, but they could pretty much be sitting there playing their xbox or whatever, queue for a warzone, then put themselves in an obscure corner which nobody ever goes to and AFK for 10 minutes. It requires very little effort to do this, and the preventative measures are virtually useless. If they're not going to make it against the rules, and actually do something when people report them, at least make it so you can vote to kick people out of warzones if there's a majority vote, like at least 3/4 of the team. If something actually does get done about this, just please don't make it something useless and ineffective like adding in a message on the loading screen telling people they get less things if they afk.

At level 50 and 49 valar people have told me this when I **** about them being AFK.

"I got 50 now I need 10 more levels of valar before I can even compete so ****."

Blame the system IMO :(

They're still ruining the game for other people who are actually trying to play. And while the gear bonus is quite significant, you still earn far, far more commendations and valor if you compete, even if you do die constantly. I never had a problem with not being geared enough to do PvP at 50, even when I had no PvP gear I was still useful, it's not like they have triple your health and damage. The system isn't exactly fantastic, but AFKing in warzones because you get killed by people in battlemaster gear is not helping in the least.

Well I have reported people for this and the response I got is that Bioware does take Failing to Participate in a Warzone very seriously and those players would be investigated, just like all the Illum Gold Farmers I have reported (lvl 11-27) who are up on Illum every darn day. Yet several days and even a week or two later there they are doing it all again.

With AFK'ers what I do now is /say AFK'er here and drag the opposing team to them (provided I live) and let them kill the person. One in particular on my server even has the gaul to scream at us for losing a turret whilst he is afk'ing and calls everyone a nub.

Well there is a thing called karma and I do hope it hits him and other AFKers right in the face.

The entire system if you have the time/care enough to pick it a part, is a broken PvP system...

I spent my time at my keyboard playing and got let’s say 80 Valar. That AFK guy most likely got 40-70. How broken is that. (These are just random numbers but they get decent valar, coms, xp (under 50), and credits for AFK'ing)