How to actually FIX your FPS problems. REAL. (NVIDIA/maybe AMD)

Theysay

Ok I'm no pro, this is just basic stuff gained from way too much gaming :)

I had Fps issues in warzones too but i was too lazy to do this stuff about it until i just had enough xD.

First, you need latest certified graphic drivers. Use beta if you like, but I do not recommend beta drivers. You never know unless you are experienced...and you can't hold nvidia liable if your machine fries.

Second...

Open the NVIDIA control panel, in program settings go to the manage 3d settings tab.

Then go to specific program settings, and press ADD

Find your SWTOR.exe in your \Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient

folder.

Make it look like this

http://i42.tinypic.com/6tdd6q.jpg

If you use a laptop, make sure you set your power-management level to HIGH PERFORMANCE. Try a cooling pad, and if that doesn't work cuz you can't get at one or its too cheap, take some caps from glass cans and place one on the bottom of each corner, which will raise your laptop, but still be stable. Use paper or something slightly larger then the caps if there isn't enough friction to keep it from sliding.

Now go to your launcher icon, right click, properties, compatibility. Disable visual themes, and disable desktop composition and run it administrator.

But wait...there is more...if what we just did isn't good enough.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

nvidia's NTUNE software basically lets you overclock your nvidia graphic card. The ntune also simply wont let you overclock whatever card you have past unsafe points, but its all relative because it depends on TEMPERATURE. Be sure there is adequate cooling, if you use a laptop turn your laptop sideways if you have to, placing a fan staring at its bottom so its cooled. (this is actually super effective) You will need a different monitor to make that work obviously, as well as a usb keyboard/mouse.

If you use this, you can't hold anyone liable for anything. But there are fail safes, so you probably wont make anything stupid happen. Probably.

Look up on the internet what kind of settings your card is safe to be overclocked at, and look up its maximum heat tolerance. Make sure you add a warning messg if your card starts to reach that temperature. (profile policies)

The ntune also simply wont let you overclock whatever card you have past unsafe points, but its all relative because it depends on TEMPERATURE.

Clean up your pc!

go to start and type MSCONFIG

Turn off all the crap you don't need!

If you have done all this right, and your game doesn't feel 10x better, buy a new pc. These days you can get amazing computers if you build it yourself, or if you have a friend do it for a lot cheaper then you would think.

Edited by Theysay

I am on laptop, 8600m gt and this helped a bunch, I would often get one-digit FPS, I tried your tweaks and while I did just a couple quest I had the lowest of around 20 fps which is pretty ok for questing. Didn't try warzones though.