The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

The horrible truth is, your interpretation, is just your interpretation.

The horrible truth is, you have nothing to back those statements up with.

The horrible truth is, WoW lost 2 million subs in 1 year. SWTOR sold over 2 million copies in about 2 months.

Yes but SWTOR lost 300,000 subs in one month in the last quarter and WoW only lost 100,000 in the entire quarter.

Whens the last time you saw a full server? This last week I have seen none and about 5-6 very heavy.

Why are their all the post of people saying there is no one on their server and why is everyone wanting LFG because they cant find enough people to do a flashpoint. Why dont you open your eyes and look and you will see that more and more people are leaving this game every day.

Saying WoW sucks doesnt mean this game is great. They can both suck and they do.

They still dont fix bugs. They say they do but mako still wants to take to me untill I get to a catina or my ship then she gets shy and doesnt want to talk untill we get to a planet and then she wants to talk again in private. How hard is this really to fix? I mean for programmers that there job it to do that stuff?

They are slow in getting any end game content for the large amount of 50's that have nothing to do but dailies.

They say they fix bugs so it looks like they are but 1/2 the time the bugs still there and even get some new ones added.

All they do is promise that stuff is in the works and they are listening to the players. They are just suckering you guys month by month just to make as much money as they can with doing the less amount of work as possible.

The next report there will most likely be less than 1 million people playing the game but some how they will word it as in they didnt lose anyone. And as fanboiz you will believe every word they say.

Edited by Emeda

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game will be fine in 3 months. Subs won't change much or the game will grow.

People who quit will be replaced. It's that simple. Plus I haven't noticed any lack of players on my server. Some people rerolled to other servers and that's no big deal to me. Unless every server becomes perma "standard" we need not worry. If you look at the server list you will see we are light years away from that scenario.

Even the "level up game" they were betting so heavily on seems like it was rushed in the latter stages and that's for a game that overran its target date by 8-9months after 5 years in development.

Throw in the faction imbalance which is a slow poison for any MMO and the PvP blunders and the need to fix the things they break in every patch and their whacky priorites (let's spend time and money redesigning the GCD but not fix raid bugs)...

This all adds up to bad word of mouth and while I don't think it will crash drastically, it will bleed subs probably faster than it can acquire new ones leading to the need for server mergers.

The horrible truth is you have nothing to back those statements up with.

The horrible truth is, the server numbers were gradually highered and then lowered. Meaning, the servers saw hugs influxes of new players and as they left, the numbers were lowered.

The horrible truth is, look elsewhere on the forums and you can see players complaining about empty servers, others asking for server merges.

The horrible truth is; The game world is staying the same size, but less people are in it.

I don't know what game you're playing but the pop on my server has been slowly increasing since release.

If you're on a bad server, sorry, sucks to be you but you know your options.

Saying less people are in the game is just plain false and the numbers that are being released seem to back that up.

Sorry you want the game to fail so badly and it isn't. Perhaps you can fill your time with something more fun and useful like telling 5 year olds there's no Santa or standing outside the produce section of your local grocer and yelling at the customers about how horrible broccoli is.

People who quit will be replaced. It's that simple. Plus I haven't noticed any lack of players on my server. Some people rerolled to other servers and that's no big deal to me. Unless every server becomes perma "standard" we need not worry. If you look at the server list you will see we are light years away from that scenario.

Whens the last time you saw a full server? How many very heavy servers you see now? The reason you see alot of heavys is because they use to be fulls and very heavys.

Really and you would know "people" re roll on other server or just plain quit?

What is the number? 1? 10? 100? 1000?

I gave the game 3 months for BW to sort their **** out.

After that I am gone. The amount of fixes compared to new bugs introduced is atrocious to say the least.

You know what is the worse thing? That the DEV thinks it is okay to be dictatorial and not provide

1) Customisable UI ( Devs know best what players want )

2) Combat log ( Devs things it is okay to die for no reason in game eg. EV and not let you know why or how you die to)

The lack of humility on the part of the development team is staggering. (Devs knows best right?)

Considering my server went from que's every night, to no ques ever (not even on weekends), and I havn't seen an instanced world (ie multiple zone instances) since the opening week either, oh and the economy is broken due to lack of participation (search for a resource and you're lucky if there's 1 or 2 units up), and the server itself never shows high population anymore, and of the three people I met and liked enough to /friend during my leveling 2 quit before the free month was up....

I'd guess they're losing subs. Not gaining em.

The lack of anything to do at 50, nothing to grind, nothing to see, no achievements to work toward, and broken and uninspired crafting only compound that feeling.

Oh and I won't be around past the 2nd month so that's another -1 to subs.

/shrug

Whens the last time you saw a full server? How many very heavy servers you see now? The reason you see alot of heavys is because they use to be fulls and very heavys.

I'm not interested in how many servers are full. That doesn't mean anything. I'm interested in how many servers are light. Very few of them are. Even getting near midnight on the east coast. We aren't all vampires out here.

3 of our top guild members quit the game tonight because they were tired of endgame/bugs and didn't feel the desire to get to the same place with a new character. This created a snowball effect and many others (myself included) have decided not to renew their subs. People just get tired of doing the same thing over and over and getting screwed with op bugs when you actually try to do something different doesn't help. When more and more people hit 50 and play the "endgame" for a month or two, they'll start unsubscribing. Edited by Big_Luvin

You know what is the worse thing? That the DEV thinks it is okay to be dictatorial and not provide

1) Customisable UI ( Devs know best what players want )

2) Combat log ( Devs things it is okay to die for no reason in game eg. EV and not let you know why or how you die to)

Yup all this is coming.

I'm not interested in how many servers are full. That doesn't mean anything. I'm interested in how many servers are light. Very few of them are. Even getting near midnight on the east coast. We aren't all vampires out here.

Oh man that's just wow. But hey anything to make you feel better I suppose. Truth is, when this game came out, there were at least 12 servers that were full, I know The Fat Man Mind Trick and Lord Aderwhatit were 3 of them. and actually, just yesterday my wife commented to me about how many of the servers were light and when a month ago that was rare to see.

That said, I like this game a lot and want to see it succeed just as bad as you do. But lets not delude ourselves either and instead use these forums to help BW make this game better.

My server was very heavy when I got in it, and now its light in the morning and at peak hours its standard.

Edited by Nussianis

Oh man that's just wow. But hey anything to make you feel better I suppose. Truth is, when this game came out, there were at least 12 servers that were full, I know The Fat Man Mind Trick and Lord Aderwhatit were 3 of them. and actually, just yesterday my wife commented to me about how many of the servers were light and when a month ago that was rare to see.

That said, I like this game a lot and want to see it succeed just as bad as you do. But lets not delude ourselves either and instead use these forums to help BW make this game better.

You do know they increased the size of each server right?

You do know they increased the size of each server right?

No seriously think about this a moment, if they did it wouldn't cause a very heavy server to drop to standard and light... And last I checked there wasn't some mass exodus by a large player base to another server. People just over the last month stopped logging in.

Edited by Nussianis

You do know that was a lie right? It was a PR story to cover up the dwindling player base...

You do know that the population size was growing as of February 1, 2012 right? You do know that "growth" is not the same as "dwindling" right? You do know that a US publicly listed company cannot just lie right?

I wish it was.

I don't get your logic. A very full to heavy server, has its server cap increased. The logical outcome would be, that the very full to heavy server would now be heavy to standard or light, depending on the size of the increase.

1,000 people on 1,000 cap server = full

1,000 people on a 10,000 cap server = light

I don't get your logic. A very full to heavy server, has its server cap increased. The logical outcome would be, that the very full to heavy server would now be heavy to standard or light, depending on the size of the increase.

1,000 people on 1,000 cap server = full

1,000 people on a 10,000 cap server = light

made up numbers are just that, made up tell me where they posted what the server were increased to handle and then compare that to this.

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/

Edited by Nussianis