Lessons learned when trying to install security key on your account.

BegaTasty

A lesson in stupidity, mixed with a healthy dose of that what happens when you....

Ok so last night guy was telling me in game how you can get some nice items for your companions if you use the security key bizzo.

ok I figured, I'll go have a look....

So you would think it would be nice n simple wouldn't you ?... nnoooooo Not when I am involved :(

Well I went to the website an tried to DL the app for my phone, an it told me I have to have ITunes..

(LOL, fat chance of me letting that crap on my PC.)

Then I get told in game that there's one for Android too, yet I must have missed it...

Ok, so I DL the app an everything is swimming along nicely... when the "Bega effect" kicks in.

(I try to go from step one to step 6 without the in between, cos lets face it I'm just that **** hot) lol......

So that's when things start to go wrong. I added in all the numbers that the webpage tells me too, an panic the whole time cos it says the numbers are time coded to run out in 30 seconds....The code I entered after installing wouldn't work, an I couldnt get into the account to figure out why.

(I am a slow typer an I'm dyslexic)

Well I uninstall the app an at this point I am screwed bigtime. I cant get into the game, I cant get into the webpage to fix it, I cant do a damn thing. I didn't know the info I needed was on the settings page of the app after you isntall it. So now I am in panic mode an took 30 min to work out how to call Customer service an posted on the customer service forum. Lucky I got helped there, an used Skype to call their hotline.

(Jezus what a nightmare that place is)...

press 1 press 2 press 3 go back to press 1.... grrrr!!

Eventually I get onto a nice guy who tried to help but this is where it really bit me in arse. I had forgotten my first an last names because(an here's the kicker) I used a fake name to setup the account....

So he's telling me the name I am giving him (my real name) is wrong, an I am getting frustrated more an more with the poor guy whos only doing exactly what he is meant to be doing. Eventually he explains to me why he cant help an then he must have asked a supervisor or something, because he comes back an does a work around so I can provide proof of ownership of the account (easy). Once that is done he removes the security key off my account an enables it for me again...

SORTED!!

So lesson is boys n girls dont setup your account with fake name an real details cos it will confuse the hell out of you.

I gotta say at this point, customer service were great, they did not have to give me back my account, an I would have been totally screwed cos I never would have remembered the fake names I used for first an last name (moron that I am)...

cheers Bioware Customer service:)

Edited by BegaTasty