Ability bloat

oceansofmars

25+ keybinds are used to play my marauder and they are all essential. I play my character well and have no issues since I am a experienced player but for newer players this class must be a nightmare.

There's tons of abilities that should be mashed into existing ones or made passive to streamline the class.

I have only played the Annihilation tree so here's my feedback:

Wounding throw: Could either be passive on chance hit or added to battering assault or our top tier abilities. I would rather see it just be a passive ability of the class.

Annihilate: Should replace Vicious Slash completely.

Deadly Saber: Feels clunky to hit a button just to start stacking bleeds. I'd personally make rupture do the bulk of bleed damage and have deadly saber be a smaller bleed that applies to the target on critical strikes.

Berserk: Again, I like being able to control the bleed crits and party healing but this could still be passive. eg: Each time an enemy bleeds it has a chance to heal you and your party for x amount.

Saber Ward: Trade it in for cloak of pain being a buff that doesnt fall off or need to be saved for "oh crap" moments.

Cloak of pain: if it stayed the way it was, increase the 6 second duration to the full 30 seconds regardless of if you get hit or not.

Force camo: Bring it up from 4 seconds to 5 and increase the movement speed a tiny bit

I say we just double the damage it does If im going to be mez'd while using it, i better see some bigger numbers.

While more damage is always nice, it's not really what the class is lacking. Maras pull huge sustained damage as it is. I think that simply letting it stun the opponent without us needing to sit there and channel it would be amazing and on par with other classes.

I kinda agree on the Deadly Saber. It's just a "busy work" ability, like Dark Ward on Assassins that you have to constantly refresh. It doesn't improve quality of the experience and it's not like most people lack the skill to pop it as they're flying through the air doing the charge. It really serves no useful purpose.

Same with Dark Ward, you just pop it before you unstealth, it becomes second nature. It's not hard. But it's not NECESSARY, it doesn't actually do anything to test my skill as a player. It's just an annoying thing I have to do every 15 seconds for absolutely no good reason.

I LOVE the fact that this class is underplayed...that is the only reason I rolled one. I hope they don't make them appeal to the masses.

Also, the problem with making Force Choke instant is that we'd no longer look ****** while doing it.

Underplayed? are you kidding me? I made a marauder under this exact same idea and a week after getting 50, i cannot move for marauders. They even advertise as Mara DPS LFG.

I will admit this class is harder to play which is good, and i don't think it needs TOO many changes, i also don't think it needs streamlining too much, Deadly saber shouldn't need reactivating, it should "generate" 3 charges on us automatically and run out as we use them, once all charges used, the CD begins. I like force choke as is, i am not a juggernaut.