Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you decide to prioritize rigid MMO mob grinding and loot quests over faster paced more story oriented content; and do you feel satisfied with the pacing of the story over the course of leveling to 50?

My experience was of greatly enjoying certain story elements, but then being bogged down by hours of tedious repetitive archaic MMO quests, loot x, kill x, click y. An example of this would be on my Sith Warrior, at level 32 I got a quest to take Vette to see her sister, an interesting story driven setup, but it requires me to be level 39 to do it. By the time I could actually do it the impact of the voice over setup for the quest would be greatly diminished.

This is a minor annoyance to me, so I doubt it's gotten a massive amount of attention yet. However, are there any plans to correct companion's speech after returning from missions.

For example when 2V-R8 returns from a failed mission he says something to the effect of 'Master, I have performed beyond expectations.' Not sure if that's exactly what he says, but it's close enough for you to get the gist of what I'm getting at. Thanks for the Q&A. Look forward to seeing what gets answered.

I suffer from an odd lag or i like to call "choppiness" due to lack of frames. I have a computer that pass's all requirements easily. I believe the choppy is due to how much of of our surroundings we take in. If we had a distance limit that didnt show as much i believe it would help frames for alot of plays. Is a view restrictor something we can look forward to?

Healeing in PvP is real pain in the arse. Everyone in combat gets -30% incoming healing. Healers get lot less medals in warzones and now, when more and more people knows about Shock Frozen Water EVERY class can get medals for 2,5k and 5k single heal. Even tanks.

It's not even hard for a tank to get medal for 75k healed.

So here's My question - Why do You hate healers ?

Edited by Golarz

was just wondering when or if we can expect swoop races and space combat pvp i am absolutely drooling at the thoughts of the possibilites of both tricking out a swoop bike or getting a chance to actually blow up a ship (kaboom gone) full of players is just groovey:D

Hello =)

Are you currently working on fixing the low fps problem that thousands of users have when in pvp? to clarify, i run a steady 55-60fps in the open world but in the battlezones i got alot lower, and the snowy one is completely unplayable, and there a sooooo many with this problem

How do you plan to correct the imbalance in population inside a server (empire vs republic) and the advantages the dominant faction gets on Ilum (pvp side) ?

Seeing how much love the empire gets i wonder what incentives people would get to roll Republic.

Is there a way for us to submit a guild name if anyone wants to start a new Guild?

If yes, how do I do it?

Why is everything so expensive in game? Things we'd like to have should not cost so much.

I hope you intend to lower prices of everything in game, with the idea of adding more fun value to the game. High prices for everything was one thing that ruined Star Wars Galaxies.

We need more fun factor in this game. Do you intend to add more fun by listening to your customers? I hope you do....

Curosity has lead me to ask are you going to address graphic issues for the low end comp users such as the ability to turn off spell graphics to improve FPS in large scale battles with spells going off all over the place many of us have major issues?!!!

1. Will there be a way to increase Char slots per server?

2. Be able to add friends with out the other party being logged in - like a mail message or in-game notification when the other party logs on.

3. More races? Really we are kinda limited and we need more non-human looking types!

4. Chat capability outside the game via the website with our guild/friends list?