After 3 weeks this is my thought on this game

Tracejelsadoow

1. Way to much lag (spent last 3 days trying to play but couldn't this was actually the straw that has broke this camels back)

2. Horrible crafting system. (pointless money sink)

3. Horrible PvP system.

4. Horrible space combat system.

5. Great single player story line leveling systemat first but by level 40 i found myself just TAB'in through the interaction. In the end leveling is leveling.

6. Theme park planets were big dissapointment.

Over all i give 5 outta 10 stars ( 3 of those stars is because its star wars)

I got my moneys worth and will come back after they add some true content and a proper PvP/combat syatem..

Good luck ladies and gents... stay on the DEVS so they fix this game.. I personnaly wont pay a sub fee for a game that is 1/4 of other MMOs/games on the market.

BTW

Ill take the PATS 24-10

Edited by Tracejelsadoow

What is it you don't like about the pvp system? I think it's pretty good myself.

It's gear based.

That's why.

This type of PvP is fun for the hardcore grinder, and kills the casual players urge to play.

When I hit 50 and realized that i needed to play hundreds of PvP maps at a huge disadvantage just so I can become competative once i complete my sets, I lost the urge to PvP. expecially when it is the most taxing game system on your computer.

A good PvP system puts everyone on the same level, in this game it would be done by making all advanced classes choose between 2 completely free sets of PvP gear, one dps and one for their support ability.

PvP should not be a system where you are advancing your power, you should be refining your skill. Why is League of Legends so popular? everyone is on the same power level!

As it stands PvP is no fun to me because my damage numbers upon hitting 50 are half of what i see from everyone else(the actual on hit damage), and my healing is no where near a diverse as a game like warhammer, which had awesome PvP but horrible balance between the factions(power wise, not by size).

Edited by Valkon

I'm from the U.S. and play on an EU server and I never get any lag. The only time I did was when my internet at home was acting up. The lag problem is probably on your end.

I actually enjoy space combat for what it is. It's not amazing, but its fun to me.

Haven't done enough PvP to really talk about it, but I've heard good and bad things. I didn't love it when I played, but also as a commando it isn't the best since you have to stand still for most good abilities, so I was a sitting duck.

Crafting does seem kind of pointless right now, but hopefully as the game matures that will change.

1. Way to much lag (spent last 3 days trying to play but couldn't this was actually the straw that has broke this camels back)

2. Horrible crafting system. (pointless money sink)

3. Horrible PvP system.

4. Horrible space combat system.

5. Great single player story line leveling systemat first but by level 40 i found myself just TAB'in through the interaction. In the end leveling is leveling.

6. Theme park planets were big dissapointment.

Lag -- Oddly I get none or very little, so I dont think you can blame BW there

Crafting -- often said about most games, specially at launch, crafting does not really take off for a while. but at the moment I agree,

PVP -- Seems much the same as most PVP MMO systems to me, run about and shoot players by pressing buttons.

Sapce Combat -- Yes I hate it too, but it is a side game and its like a FPS in a MMO, not necessary

Single player...Ok

Theme Park ... Yes, most MMOs go this way sadly I like open world, but the player base cannot often handle not being driven through a game.

All in all you make some good points, but I still think the game is worth playing and has a life,

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

If you have a specific suggestion or individual piece of feedback, we encourage you to post in the Suggestion Box forum or to make a thread regarding your issue in the relevant sub-forum. If you'd like to add your list of bugs or suggestions, we encourage you to post in the following threads in the interest of helping us keep compilations consolidated:

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.