To all the Guardians crying...

Chilliba

and what should these screens be proving?

im not complaining about my class, im hybrid tank spec (gear also half/half) and i can get 100k dmg in any WZ without healer, without spamming cylcone slash and thats absolutly fine for me.

who grinds dmg on WZ anyway?

http://imageshack.us/f/577/57230388.jpg/

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7016/screenshot2012013116180.jpg

this is the average amount of dmg i do in warzones with or without a healer.

we are probably the scariest class for pvp if geared properly and played right.

And soon you will be crying due to getting nerfed after posting pics like that. Dunno why you feel the need ot come to forums. Really trying that hard up to get your class nerfed huh?

Guess you aint the brightest person around lol

Edited by vortexdr

And soon you will be crying due to getting nerfed after posting pics like that. Dunno why you feel the need ot come to forums. Really trying that hard up to get your class nerfed huh?

Guess you aint the brightest person around lol

if you dont realize. theres many pics of every class pulling 700-800k and not just guardians. theres a post of a bounty hunter from both adv classes doing that much amount of dmg in warzones and even more.

what im trying to show is that we have the utility, damage, and capability to be a strong pvp class. Many melee class players are complaining were lacking in pvp because of our melee range and no ccs. but we do have enough utility to shine in warzones.

as a guardian i use every single skill except the 2 basic attacks: slash/"3 strike attack". before i was only pulling around 150-200k with about the same gear. but as i began to get used to using more and more of my spells, this was the outcome.

this is not a thread to get guardians nerfed, but to show that we are just as good as any class in pvp.

and what should these screens be proving?

im not complaining about my class, im hybrid tank spec (gear also half/half) and i can get 100k dmg in any WZ without healer, without spamming cylcone slash and thats absolutly fine for me.

who grinds dmg on WZ anyway?

i dont farm damage or medals. i dont even think of my dmg or medals while the warzone is going on lol.i go for objectives, but i do play a certain way to maximize my dmg while trying to win. this is pvp after all (player vs. player). i kill to win.

also, if u dont realize in the second pic. i have the highest objective pts.

Edited by Chilliba

as a guardian i use every single skill except the 2 basic attacks: slash/"3 strike attack".

You should consider using Master Strike or the "3 Strike channelled attack". It's not something you spam but in the right instances it works great.

I've force pushed someone up against a wall, and then used master strike.

Also if you use force exhaustion and know they are running in the direction of an objective, you can usually get all the "strikes" or "ticks".

Just saying it has it's uses.

Ah, one of those "HAI DEVS! NERF THIS CLASS PL0X!" threads. Some things in MMO's are ever consistent. This is how the prot warrior nerf train started after only 1 season of finally being viable. :rolleyes:

I see. We should let people cry about how bad this class is and wait for a buff instead. Sounds good. Buffs are always good, right?

Not impressed, on my guardian, I think I had 600k damage in a voidstar once...

If you actually READ the forums, most people are complaining about our terrible PvE performance in Operations.

Whats the point of taking a guardian tank when you can take a vanguard tank with similar survivability but infinitely better DPS/aggro generation, which helps especially on bosses with enrage timers.

I see. We should let people cry about how bad this class is and wait for a buff instead. Sounds good. Buffs are always good, right?

This:

If you actually READ the forums, most people are complaining about our terrible PvE performance in Operations.

Whats the point of taking a guardian tank when you can take a vanguard tank with similar survivability but infinitely better DPS/aggro generation, which helps especially on bosses with enrage timers.

Sums it up nicely. In PvP guards have good balance with the other classes, PROVIDED that the player is skilled enough to use the guard correctly. But the things people are talking about have to do with PvE. It's already common knowledge that guards (and really all melee classes) have it rough in PvP but it simply means you have to work for it more compared to the ranged classes.

TLDR: PvE is what people the "crying" is about on guards (and juggs). All posting "LOOK AT ME!" shots of random PvP battles where you did well has only two outcomes:

It's ignored (as it should be)

It gets the class nerfed for no good reason.

Not impressed, on my guardian, I think I had 600k damage in a voidstar once...

He is not a defense spec, the op is the pony one trick focus spec. Everybody should know focus/rage got a nice burst with a fully stacked force sweep. Add that being a small AoE... I am not sure why people would be surprise by those number.

Pretty much every post from JK shoving their amazingness in pvp are that spec and for a good reason... the other 2 spec are quite subpar...

And we are not talking pve here! Raid are just not really melee friendly AND why the hell would you bring anything over a gunnery commando dps wise?

Tank wise, the biggest problem is how out of whack the tree is. It is just a random set of talent to reduce the penalty of soresu form rather than a tree about tanking.

Yes because so many guardians complain about PvP performance. that is certainly what we mean when we say that our AOE threat is pathetic. Or that our tanking tree is a hot sick mess. Or that for some god awful reason our raid gear has surge of all things on it.

F*$K PvP

We already see the endless buff nerf Cycle BS over minimal PvP garbage slamming classes PvE performance we don't need it also used as justification for this broken class not getting the fixes it needs.

Yes because so many guardians complain about PvP performance. that is certainly what we mean when we say that our AOE threat is pathetic. Or that our tanking tree is a hot sick mess. Or that for some god awful reason our raid gear has surge of all things on it.

F*$K PvP

We already see the endless buff nerf Cycle BS over minimal PvP garbage slamming classes PvE performance we don't need it also used as justification for this broken class not getting the fixes it needs.

Here here. +1

I'm always of the mind when playing an MMORPG, PvE > PvP. Meaning, PvE should come before the needs of the PvPers. Would it be totally awesome to have everything balanced in both? Heck yes, but if the choice between fixing PvE or PvP comes, PvE should always trump. You want to kill people? There's plenty of other games to do that in, but raiding (Meaning, groups of people coming together with the intent of progressing in dungeon (or whatever it's called in the game) content to pursue better loot) is only an MMO thing.

Right now as it stands some classes are sorely lacking in PvE ability/utility, making one class significantly better at roles than the others (Vanguards and Sages seem to stick out to me). Of course doesn't mean nerf those classes it means buff the others.

However most "Guardian crying" posts I've seen have either been because certain class quest content is too hard (people are bad at soloing I guess), or people not really tanking correctly in this game, i.e, trying to tank EVERYTHING as opposed to just 1 or 2 elites as they should be. That does not mean though that Guardians are up to snuff with Vanguards. The skill trees are way off in some cases and don't seem to mesh as well as they should, leading to things like that wonky Hybrid build.

*sigh*

ok, so you can spec sweep bomber spec and do damage, and you think the guardian is fine?

It doesn't work like that. Sweep bomber is good because of unbalanced talent skills. I mean there are talent points that increase the damage of your hardest hitting ability by 100% plus giving it autocrit. How does that compare to the talent points in guard/vigi specs? The damage increases in the guardian tree is tiny. And no, saying it is a tank spec doesn't change anything because the points need to be of roughly equal strength point for point. Furthermore, most of the defensive points in the tree are useless because avoidance/shield are completely ignored in PvP.

As a vanguard I can do that damage while being in tank spec. Conclusion is: the "crying" on the forums are not because of the sweep bomber spec, it's because all other specs the guardian have is very weak in PvP.

Edited by Zarqonn

Most players that enjoy PvP ironically are bad at it.

And by most I mean around 95% of the player base.

EDIT: They also think they're mad good at it.

Edited by Hellghast

I don´t care about your Focus Force Sweep bombing.

I care about Vigilance and Vigilance needs some love.

Dishing out 320K in Huttball while pocket healed by a commando and posting a vid about it doesnt make Vigilance fine.

I did almost the same damage when i did my first Warzone with my level 14 Vanguard.

Edited by Sabredance

And what exactly qualifies as 'terrible PvE performance'? Last time I checked I had no combat log. You can't generate aggro? Oh, I'm sorry.

There is an easy measurment - pick a boss, start at the same time as a Vanguard, don't use taunt, and see who holds aggro on a mob. Now try AE.

Sure, it's somewhat anecdotal, but it makes it's point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.