Easiest Healer to Level

Morlinius

Hello All,

I am playing Sith with some friends and I volunteered to be the healer for our group. I have played a healer in other MMOs and generally like the experience.

My question is this:

What healer is the easiest to level? Not necessarily the "best" healer as that is really a FOTM question but what character is the easiest to level from 1-50?

Some information:

I will probably be leveling solo most of the time as much of my free time is during the day over the next few months while my friends play in the evening. This means that I will not be leveling as a pocket healer to someone else.

I would be interested in hearing from healers over the leveling experience of their class. Best leveling practices (specs, companions, etc.). I know that classes are not balanced yet but that will come in time. I remember when resto druids (in WOW) did nothing but cast intervate on priests in Molten Core and then I remember when resto druids were so OP that no one class could kill them in a fight so really, just want to know about the leveling experience.

Thanks,

Merc is ridiculously easy to level. I gather Sorceror is easy also, but have no first-hand experience with that to compare them. Really, healers have it pretty easy leveling and soloing in this game thanks to companions.

When I leveled my merc, I actually did mostly Arsenal, but also grabbed the low-hanging fruit in Bodyguard, which was more than enough for healing leveling FPs and H4s. I ran with Mako as my companion any time I wasn't forced into another companion by the class quest.

Edited by Harwel

Have a 50 commando and a 46 sage and I feel like the sage is easier to level, but really you're talking about already two VERY easy to level classes. It's more of a feeling like you're contributing more as with the sage you can do more specials per pull (because of the near unlimited resource bar) whereas the commando you do a lot of default attacks to keep ammo regen good. Without logs it's impossible to tell which is doing more DPS. Anything you get in this thread is going to be opinion/anecdotal. Edited by hadoken

Thats true, without logs, it is impossible to have hard numbers or evidence but truthfully, I am just looking for people's opinions on their leveling experience.

I have heard that sorcerers have a pretty boring rotation for dps during the leveling process though I have no first hand experience. I have heard operatives complaine that they are simply melee characters with long CDs which makes leveling less than exciting, but I am looking for additional information.

Really, just want to hear a bit about healer's thoughts on their story, their leveling process and their impressions of the 1-50 experience.

One thing I will say is that I think of the 3 healers the commando/mercenary has the earliest good AE options which can speed things up a lot. You don't get quake/storm as a sage/sorc til the 30s if I recall. This is assuming you're speccing as a healer when you level of course, as I think sage/sorc has AE options within their dps trees. Edited by hadoken

I found merc healer easier to level than inquis purely because of the early AOEs. You get missile that does splash dmg, an explosive dart and death from above (big AOE) all relatively early compared to the sorc. A lot of our early dmg comes from force lightning which has a bit of a cool down. Anywho that's just my thoughts XP Either way you won't struggle much!

Sorc is really easy to level once you get the 2nd companion (a ranged dps). Things are usually dead before they get thru your shields.

Merc is easy too - usually open with death from above... and tracer missile whatever that is left...

Operative - no, not really. leveling operative is awkward, because abilities have long cooldown, not spammable. it makes the class difficulty to master, and when you do, you learn a new ability that changes your entire rotation.

and, seriously, why would want to be an operative heal when the class is less fun, less healing output, less concerned by BioWare?

Mercs probably the easiest.

Sorcs fairly easy unless youre level as a healer spec, because youll have to micro manage a lot. You just have to play properly, and its not difficult to play a Sorc properly.

Sorc is really easy to level once you get the 2nd companion (a ranged dps). Things are usually dead before they get thru your shields.

Merc is easy too - usually open with death from above... and tracer missile whatever that is left...

Operative - no, not really. leveling operative is awkward, because abilities have long cooldown, not spammable. it makes the class difficulty to master, and when you do, you learn a new ability that changes your entire rotation.

and, seriously, why would want to be an operative heal when the class is less fun, less healing output, less concerned by BioWare?

Because its far more fun and engaging(difficult) than the other faceroll healers, not to mention the far better storyline and coolest looking gear?

There's one thing that makes the Op healer the best to level: stealth. Walk past all those trash mobs to your quest objective, then walk past them out again. With the other two you have to kill your way in and kill your way back out. And since mobs give crap XP compared to quest objectives, I never found myself underleveled.

Mercs probably the easiest.

Because its far more fun and engaging(difficult) than the other faceroll healers, not to mention the far better storyline and coolest looking gear?

Because pulling off a stealth sleep dart spin through the line backstab/hidden strike and dropping 2 golds is alot more engaging than 30 range spam? couldn't agree more about why you might prefer the operatives levelling style.

Have a BH PT and I feel alot more engaged by my operatives combat style than his. Your moving using stuns to execute backstabs etc...It becomes fluid somewhere in the 20's. Of course I also use a naga mouse wouldn't want to play it click style.

Solo PvE levelling isn't a justifiable complaint of the archetype after level 20 or so. pre 20 yeah it's a bit clunky.