The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Inf Shadow PVP makes me sad.

Jesmcalli

Simply due to the burst, and ofc if you enjoy inf specc over w/e specc thing you can pick then Inf is what you should play. it all comes down to what you enjoy playing, just have fun and play wich specc and in what way you want. Everything is personal prefrence and that's all there is to it, simple fact is that Inf only has the burst going for it when you compare it to the KC-specc.

true. and id even be fine with the lower burst. crappy survivability, lack of a gap closer, having to use 2-3 cds just to get force cloak to work if infl wasnt force starved.

rather than making blackout work out of stealth, remove the force regen on it and give it a 30s cd. throw a 20% force regen somewhere out of reach near the top of the tree and i think the tree would be better off.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence taken m8, no worries. and you need to have all the dmg in acount. not only the single project hit or ss but alos the shadow procc's etc. (dubbel project buff) . And i have actually have one 5,6k hit followed by a 5k hit and then top it of with 4,6k..needles to say that the whole 4,5k hit didnt count since it wasent needed but still and i have no print of it happening either since of no combat logg. but no my numbers aint of, but yes this is just from my own experience I'm talking from ofc. And my guarding m8 is a good own so he does those 5k's aswell, like i said good assist hehe. Hpefully i can put som clips togheter in the near future so i can give you more then my word on it but for now i cant. And those 300k+ wz's is easy to gett as inf shadow I say (no e-peen stroke, just fact's) if wanted i can post alot of them. 410k is my record(again, no e-peen stroke) so far and that was me and the guardian playing only, luckely we had 2 random sage's (healing) on that voidstar and that was against a premade aswell. but like i said this is only from my own perspectiv so.

No offence taken m8, no worries. and you need to have all the dmg in acount. not only the single project hit or ss but alos the shadow procc's etc. (dubbel project buff) . And i have actually have one 5,6k hit followed by a 5k hit and then top it of with 4,6k..needles to say that the whole 4,5k hit didnt count since it wasent needed but still and i have no print of it happening either since of no combat logg. but no my numbers aint of, but yes this is just from my own experience I'm talking from ofc. And my guarding m8 is a good own so he does those 5k's aswell, like i said good assist hehe. Hpefully i can put som clips togheter in the near future so i can give you more then my word on it but for now i cant. And those 300k+ wz's is easy to gett as inf shadow I say (no e-peen stroke, just fact's) if wanted i can post alot of them. 410k is my record(again, no e-peen stroke) so far and that was me and the guardian playing only, luckely we had 2 random sage's (healing) on that voidstar and that was against a premade aswell. but like i said this is only from my own perspectiv so.

that pretty much proves my point.....i said earlier that it cant be done without guard and a pocket healer

im glad u were able to string a few good crits together but that cant be done every time. thats not the norm.

even calculating on all of our possible hits and ur exceptionally high crits, ur still no where near a single force sweep. and that force sweep is gonna go off again in 21s. u have to wait a minute and a half.

Edited by heinywb

Droze, its not that i believe you lying or anything but even if you did that 5.6k followed by another 5k and a 4,5k that would have been once in a full moon and not in a top geared/sqyishy target.

Without force potency our burst is nothing to brag about and you should know that... Today i had a mara do 6.6k smash, thats aoe and more frequent than ours. Many times i play vs some very good geared OPs and i can tell you their damage even after their opener is enough to be on par with ours so you have a very very very uphill battle if you are to win.

Anyways we have said all that so many times that it gets repetitive, have fun with your shadow ,i ll try to do that myself and hope we get some loving before i jump to another mmo :)

as a rep infil shadow, it makes me feel like there is no point having infil shadow when operatives can crit stab me for 4k. shiv > shadowstrike anyday and ops have unbelievable stuns. shadow is literally stab ***** unless you speed off or vanish after the force of will then wait for another 1m30s cd. plus shadows cant heal and yet wear light armor... where's the justice in this. Edited by Nyaamo

Burst : 10000 - 16000 in 2/3 global cd's

3500 - 5200 crits

AOE knockback

1 x stun

1 x INCAPACITATE

AOE 30% damage reduction

Survivability = Force Speed / Resilience / Force Cloak

NP with infiltration at all. Get better - you're doing it wrong.

Edited by MachNaRath

Was a nerf to your Overall opener dmg, duration to the stun, and AP nerf...

Not sure where you get the idea they are better bursting than a Inf spec shadow, if anything there on par with them...

Opening on a 400+ exp target i can inflict 5-8k dmg on my inf shadow, depending on Cd's/Crits...

My 50 Scoun top Crit i have had with relic+Exp buff from the WZ was 4.5k followed by 3kish max sitting on 650 exp non BC also...

So ya not sure where you get your facts, bad game play maybe...

I got the idea from friendly duels with Scoundrels.

Both my Shadow and the Scoundrel go into stealth... I wander around trying to find him....

Then, BANG! One shot, and my 14k Health has suddenly dropped to a sliver.

I'm thinking, what in the world am I doing pretending to be a "DPS Shadow"?

Or was this the opener that everyone's been talking about that got nerfed last week?

3500 - 5200 crits

AOE knockback

2 x stuns

AOE 30% damage reduction

You made me laugh, thanks

10-16k burst? around 12k on what ? a fresh 50 with LOTS of LUCK?

16k NO WAYYYY what did you do 6k project with the proc another 3k and what then 7k breach? hahahahaha keep dreaming...

5.2k crits again on fresh 50s i guess, ok the class is working great vs ungeared cloth , great.

2x stuns? 1 on 1 min cd whats the other? dont tell me low slash hahaha learn to ability, low slush is not a stun , if you hit the target it goes away, thats a disable at best not a STUN ok?

AoE knockback , if you re not in say huttball that you can throw ppl from a ledge theres nothing great in it, doesnt knockthat far away,no slow,no nothing, the AoE blind OPs get is a lot better most of the times.

AoE taunt ok good...

Survivability = Force speed/Resilience/Force cloack, REALLY and you think thats enough? so you have to have ready 3 abilities that 2 of them are some times needed to get a kill and if you have used them your great *sarcasm* survivability of yours is gonne...

Yes great master we re doing it all wrong and ofc you re doing it right, what a joke...

Your post is FULL OF EXAGGERATIONS and you have no idea what this class can and cannot do , play vs some good geared marauders,juggernauts,OPs,Any tanking class and they ll show you what its all about.

Edited by Hebbi

3500 - 5200 crits

AOE knockback

2 x stuns

AOE 30% damage reduction

lol. 16k aint happening, not even on a fresh 50 and esp not a geared 50.

aoe knockback is counter intuitive to a melee dps class

1 stun, 1 mez

taunt is nice

weak *** survivability

Look, we enjoy our Infiltration Shadows. Many of us do just fine. If you don't do well with Infiltration, that's okay. Go play a Kinetic, or roll a different class. But don't come saying that Infiltration Shadows are crap.

This all depends on your natural play style. Each of us naturally likes to play different ways. For example, I'm a melee skirmisher who relies on lots of control and mobility, and prefers fast damage over slow fights with high defenses. With +15% in-combat run speed, a 50% slow, and Low Slash (which is an incredible skill), as well as stealth and Force Speed, Shadow fits me perfectly. It's exactly how I like to play.

However, I've tried playing a Sage a few times. I sucked at it. It's just so far from my play style to have inductions, and to be weak at melee range. I don't like kiting. I like to get right in the enemy's face, and then slip around to stab them in the back. I'm an experienced MMO player, so I'm sure I could eventually learn to make a Sage work. However, it's just wrong for me, and I'd never be as good on a Sage as I am and will be on my Shadow.

Sage is a powerful class in the right hands, but in my hands it's an underpowered, wimpy class. However, you don't see me going to the Sage forums and saying that the class sucks, or that the Sage PvP makes me sad (which it did; I died way too much). It's a great class for others, just not for me.

Maybe you Infiltration-haters should try out some other classes. One of the 8 has to be able to fit the way you like to play. If you're unhappy with our burst DPS, go play a Scoundrel. If you're unhappy with our defenses, go play a Guardian. One of them out there has to make you happier than you are now. But just because you can't enjoy playing Infiltration doesn't mean nobody can.

Edited by Philosomanic

You made me laugh, thanks

10-16k burst? around 12k on what ? a fresh 50 with LOTS of LUCK?

16k NO WAYYYY what did you do 6k project with the proc another 3k and what then 7k breach? hahahahaha keep dreaming...

4.5k project upheaval proc 2.2k 5k 5pbreach 4.5k spinning strike - 16.2k who cares who its on - you want MORE? Throw in a nice proc from shadow tech and .... well yeah. You want to hit a fresh dinged 50 for MORE than that? that would be fair?

9000 - 11000 on champ/BM geared.

5.2k crits again on fresh 50s i guess, ok the class is working great vs ungeared cloth , great.

See above.

2x stuns? 1 on 1 min cd whats the other? dont tell me low slash hahaha learn to ability, low slush is not a stun , if you hit the target it goes away, thats a disable at best not a STUN ok?

Low slash is a stun as it prevents them from carrying out an action. Use at as an interrupt or a run stopper or simply as a time buyer to get ready for burst again. Learn to ability.

AoE knockback , if you re not in say huttball that you can throw ppl from a ledge theres nothing great in it, doesnt knockthat far away,no slow,no nothing, the AoE blind OPs get is a lot better most of the times.

AOE knockback is great for healer peels and making an escape as well as knocking enemy out of LOS of healers (knockback+stun then burst).

Survivability = Force speed/Resilience/Force cloack, REALLY and you think thats enough? so you have to have ready 3 abilities that 2 of them are some times needed to get a kill and if you have used them your great *sarcasm* survivability of yours is gonne...

You dont HAVE to wait for all 3 to be up to make an escape. Force speed can be used with roots/snares to break combat and restealth. Resilience is great when you know the attacking target is going to burst on you. Force cloak is great for escape always (just use it wisely in the right place/situation), I know it doesnt always drop combat but I reckon that will change/be fixed in future. All 3 up together is Ability: HAHAINEVERDIE 2min cooldown. Srsly? You want more than that? Get better.

Your post is FULL OF EXAGGERATIONS and you have no idea what this class can and cannot do ,

Oh the irony.

play vs some good geared marauders,juggernauts,OPs,Any tanking class and they ll show you what its all about.

I play versus plenty of those every day. Now what? You want to do your maximum possible damage against a TANK? This your first mmo?

Look, we enjoy our Infiltration Shadows. Many of us do just fine. If you don't do well with Infiltration, that's okay. Go play a Kinetic, or roll a different class. But don't come saying that Infiltration Shadows are crap.

This all depends on your natural play style. Each of us naturally likes to play different ways. For example, I'm a melee skirmisher who relies on lots of control and mobility, and prefers fast damage over slow fights with high defenses. With +15% in-combat run speed, a 50% slow, and Low Slash (which is an incredible skill), as well as stealth and Force Speed, Shadow fits me perfectly. It's exactly how I like to play.

However, I've tried playing a Sage a few times. I sucked at it. It's just so far from my play style to have inductions, and to be weak at melee range. I don't like kiting. I like to get right in the enemy's face, and then slip around to stab them in the back. I'm an experienced MMO player, so I'm sure I could eventually learn to make a Sage work. However, it's just wrong for me, and I'd never be as good on a Sage as I am and will be on my Shadow.

Sage is a powerful class in the right hands, but in my hands it's an underpowered, wimpy class. However, you don't see me going to the Sage forums and saying that the class sucks, or that the Sage PvP makes me sad (which it did; I died way too much). It's a great class for others, just not for me.

Maybe you Infiltration-haters should try out some other classes. One of the 8 has to be able to fit the way you like to play. If you're unhappy with our burst DPS, go play a Scoundrel. If you're unhappy with our defenses, go play a Guardian. One of them out there has to make you happier than you are now. But just because you can't enjoy playing Infiltration doesn't mean nobody can.

I really dont get you all ppl that get on the defensive, anything i write here doesnt change your gameplay or how much you enjoy your shadow so why so defensive?

And no i m not an inf hater, i m someone that thinks they need some loving, dont see how that could possibly be a bad thing for you.

If you think they dont, its not because you re so good but because a) you tend to remember only the times that you pwn not so skilled/geared opponents or b)you havent played vs skilled/geared opponents. Maybe you dont even mind being 2nd (if not worse) best at what you should be doing.

I dont think inf damage is crap or inf is crap , but i do think he needs some loving.

I d like to see you vs a geared operative and not even with him getting the openner , cause if he gets it gl winning :p

It is also unfair to compare to an op opening on you out of stealth.

That is their specialty. What about the rest of the time?

Also, Low Slash is the best ability we have. It is incredible. 15 second cool down.

An interrupt.

We have a backstab so it is more than useful.

Edited by richardya

4.5k project upheaval proc 2.2k 5k 5pbreach 4.5k spinning strike - 16.2k who cares who its on - you want MORE? Throw in a nice proc from shadow tech and .... well yeah. You want to hit a fresh dinged 50 for MORE than that? that would be fair?

See above.

Low slash is a stun as it prevents them from carrying out an action. Use at as an interrupt or a run stopper or simply as a time buyer to get ready for burst again. Learn to ability.

AOE knockback is great for healer peels and making an escape as well as knocking enemy out of LOS of healers (knockback+stun then burst).

You dont HAVE to wait for all 3 to be up to make an escape. Force speed can be used with roots/snares to break combat and restealth. Resilience is great when you know the attacking target is going to burst on you. Force cloak is great for escape always (just use it wisely in the right place/situation), I know it doesnt always drop combat but I reckon that will change/be fixed in future. All 3 up together is Ability: HAHAINEVERDIE 2min cooldown. Srsly? You want more than that? Get better.

Oh the irony.

I play versus plenty of those every day. Now what? You want to do your maximum possible damage against a TANK? This your first mmo?

Your second post is even worse than the first...

You ll do 8-9k TOPS on a BM geared player , that wont let you do your "imba" spinning strike afterwards that you assume its gonna crit also, as you also assume you ll always do a 5 stacks breach, gg.

Low slash is not a stun no matter how much you wanna call it one, every ability that stops a player from an action is not a stun ok? EVEN the ability wording says it INCAPACITATES the target , i suggest you start reading.

Our knockback is good at times but nope its not as good as you claim it to be, peel offs eh? yea i tried that also but with suchh a short knockback and without any slow/root it doesnt do much, again no matter to how much you want it to be.

Our force speed can sometimes help you to LoS some damage but as to getting you out of combat? you re fooling yourself , even without any dots on you most times it takes like 15-20 secs to drop out of combat so cant see how the 2 secs force speed really helps so much...

My first post had no exaggerations while yours is full of them, if you can find one point it to me please...

So because i can vanish every 2 mins (to be sure you do need resillience and sometimes force speed also, smart ppl can break you out of stealth without force speed if they use AoE) thats all the survivability i should want? really? i guess some ppl are happy with anything they ll throw at them...

No i dont want to do my top damage against a tank character , what i do want is some bump on survivability(maybe 1 good defensive cd) and/or some better energy regen or lower cds on some of my abilities.

If you had been playing vs top geared players you wouldnt feel that the class is perfectly fine , that or you tend to have a VERY selective memory.

Edited by Hebbi

It is also unfair to compare to an op opening on you out of stealth.

That is their specialty. What about the rest of the time?

Also, Low Slash is the best ability we have. It is incredible. 15 second cool down.

An interrupt.

We have a backstab so it is more than useful.

OPs not doing good damage afterr they open on you is a really good keept myth, i ve played vs some top geared OPs and i found their damage comparable with mine , and when i ve used my burst they even get better numbers on average, thats why i m saying that if they open on you its a VERY VERY uphill battle to win (i m trying not to use the "almost impossible" word).

Ye low slash is a good ability, never said it wasnt.wouldnt call it incredible though , if it was a stun i would say that its incredible.

Edited by Hebbi

Aye, Low Slash is amazing. Other classes have CCs, but they're giving up damage to use them. Force Lift is a good example; strong 1-3 target CC, but you're not doing any damage.

Low Slash does very nearly as much damage as Double Strike, and since it's all in one hit (as opposed to being spread out across two hits), it crits much higher. So by using a Low Slash, we barely give up any DPS.

Also, even though it's only a disable (not a stun), it still makes a big difference. Since project has a really long animation time, it hits almost at the same time as the next skill. So if you use Low Slash -> Project -> Shadow Strike, you basically get two free attacks on your opponent, as well as a really brief window to pop CDs (rather than trying to do them all in between skills, which always trips me up).

It's also an interrupt that does a lot of damage, which is great for both PvE and PvP.

Your second post is even worse than the first...

You ll do 8-9k TOPS on a BM geared player , that wont let you do your "imba" spinning strike afterwards that you assume its gonna crit also, as you also assume you ll always do a 5 stacks breach, gg.

I said about the same as you on BM geared people. So you agree.

I can do spinning strike just fine if they are below 30% when I get to that point (targets arent always at 100% HP or being attacked JUST by YOU). I dont assume anything. I think of possibility. If its possible that we will hit a BM geared player for that much do you think we should have a damage increase?

Low slash is not a tun no matter how much you wanna call it one, every ability that stops a player from an action is not a stun ok? EVEN the ability wording says it INCAPACITATES the target , i suggest you start reading.

I read just fine. You are arguing semantics.

OK OK 1x stun and 1x incapacitate. (will edit my first post)

I gather from your posts you want more survivability right? Then stop arguing damage output with me. I just pointed out what I know to be the pro's of Infiltration.

And also quote my exaggerations please. AFAIK I made 1 error (semantic and hardly important to the discussion) - stun or incapacitate.

I said about the same as you on BM geared people. So you agree.

I can do spinning strike just fine if they are below 30% when I get to that point (targets arent always at 100% HP or being attacked JUST by YOU). I dont assume anything. I think of possibility. If its possible that we will hit a BM geared player for that much do you think we should have a damage increase?

I read just fine. You are arguing semantics.

OK OK 1x stun and 1x incapacitate. (will edit my first post)

I gather from your posts you want more survivability right? Then stop arguing damage output with me. I just pointed out what I know to be the pro's of Infiltration.

And also quote my exaggerations please. AFAIK I made 1 error (semantic and hardly important to the discussion) - stun or incapacitate.

So we are talking now about hitting on someone that is already being zerged or at half life?I dont even care about that, in such a situation every class can do the job...

Even on the BM geared targetss we dont exactly agree on the numbers by 1.5-2k semantics you ll say but bloating numbers like that makes a difference on someone reading it (plus in your first post you said 10-16k ,thats an even bigger margin and saying it like that its like saying the class can do those numbers reguraly and without any gear/AC in mind which is TOTALY MISSLEADING).

Low slash being an incapacitate rather than a stun is no semantic , if it was a stun i d be able to attack the target while he wouldnt be able to do a thing, and thats just huge.

I m saying our survivability to damage ratio is off, so something needs to be fixed as far as i m concerned, so yes till our survivability is fixed our damage is not where it should be, BUT its the ratio that its off not the damage alone.

Your exaggerations are there to be seen on my first post about what you posted but in a quick recap its the bloated burst numbers, presenting what may be possible at a single time like its what normaly happens, the mistake in saying we got 2 stuns, presenting abilities as our knockback as something really bettter than what it actualy is (i dont claim its usless but it isnt as good as you re saying it is for the reasons i ve already explained),as for our survivability being enough just with our vanish again i explained it in my previous post.

Many times i enjoy the class, i like the way it plays but that doesnt mean i should be totaly ok with how it is atm.In relavance to this threads title for me it would be better to say that some times it makes me sad in pvp and thats what i want fixed, dont understand why some ppl go all defensive like i just insulted them irl...

12359 damage from project and 3point breach - 2 ABILITIES/GCD's (forget the proc as it isnt an ability) on fresh dinged/low geared 50 Merc -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvHrzri95aU 3.45secs in.

Now imagine it with a 5 point breach crit followed by spinning strike crit.

10092 damage from project, 2 point breach and spinning strike - 3 ABILITIES/GCD's (NO PROCS) on BM geared OP -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyhirChKtLM 2.10sec in.

Now imagine it with upheaval and shadow tech procs.

I dont claim to be better than anyone else. Hell I dont even claim to be all that good.

But if I, an average at best Inf Shadow can do this then surely this class/spec in the hands of the best mmo players is GODLY.

Its a glass cannon and anyone asking for "some love" "buffs" w/e then you, like I said in my first post in this thread, are doing it WRONG.

Edited by MachNaRath

Proof on burst numbers above.

And now you bring gear into it.

What is it. Survivability problem? Damage problem? Oh no, now its a gear thing. Forget it. You cant fix stupid.

I MIGHT return to this thread to post the 16k+ on low geared and 11k+ on BM geared players when I get them on video. Right now Im out of it. Good day sir. :)

edit: Im not defensive - Im just pointing out FACTS.

Edited by MachNaRath

Proof on burst numbers above.

And now you bring gear into it.

What is it. Survivability problem? Damage problem? Oh no, now its a gear thing. Forget it. You cant fix stupid.

I MIGHT return to this thread to post the 16k+ on low geared and 11k+ on BM geared players when I get them on video. Right now Im out of it. Good day sir. :)

edit: Im not defensive - Im just pointing out FACTS.

Your "facts" use a lot of imagination, since i got some of that imagination myself i can imagine that OP of yours in a fight where he isnt fighting someone else and not paying any attention to you, oppening on you from stealth and i imagine your life dropping to 50% best case scenario (for you) , i also imagine him using his shield to bubble some of your damage and even potting for 4k or so , then i imagine you dying horribly or using that imba survivability of yours to run away (i hope you didnt use that resillience cause then his dot will brake your stealth and kill you despite using the GREAT ESCAPE), and i didnt have to imagine him restealthing to open on you again...

To continue in your 2 last posts you indirectly say that i m a lousy player since you re only mediocre and directly calling me stupid but you re not being defensive right? yea got it.I could type what you re being but since you got a lot of imagination i ll leave it up to you to figure it out.

Get back to me when you have a vid of yours destroying a fully geared OP in a 1vs1 scenario or a fully geared tank of any kind , especially BH or Shadow...

and that comment about the class being so good inthe hands of a mediocre player so it would be godly in the hands of a very skilled player is something i could claim for a marauder also or a BH or aan OP really, so its totaly nonsense...

Your acting like i said that i cant kill anyone or that the class is totaly crap, i never said that , i said it needs some help but i guess i m knocking on a stone wall here...

12359 damage from project and 3point breach - 2 ABILITIES/GCD's (forget the proc as it isnt an ability) on fresh dinged/low geared 50 Merc -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvHrzri95aU 3.45secs in.

Now imagine it with a 5 point breach crit followed by spinning strike crit.

10092 damage from project, 2 point breach and spinning strike - 3 ABILITIES/GCD's (NO PROCS) on BM geared OP -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyhirChKtLM 2.10sec in.

Now imagine it with upheaval and shadow tech procs.

I dont claim to be better than anyone else. Hell I dont even claim to be all that good.

But if I, an average at best Inf Shadow can do this then surely this class/spec in the hands of the best mmo players is GODLY.

Its a glass cannon and anyone asking for "some love" "buffs" w/e then you, like I said in my first post in this thread, are doing it WRONG.

ok i saw that you poped battle readiness but did you take an expertise stim too when you dropped those to 4k hits?