The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question about Carolina P build

Bigfoonk

Hello all, Im lvl 36 Powertech and I have a question about the CP build. I am currently spec'ed into this build but I do not understand why you would get both Ion and Combustable talents in their respected tree's because you can only use one at a time on your weapon. Is the ion for pure PvP and if you are solo'ing you use combustable? Or what?

Also how does this build do in a PvE setting compared to other builds and Im assuming that you would be using combustable during that so you don't pull aggro of your tank?

Thanks - Jim

I ran this build for a while and I always switch to combustable cylinder when DPSing, or come on a raid as an Off-Tank and need to lower my threat but keep the DPS up.

Its a good build but if you are main tanking make sure you have some good healers behind you because you will be taking a bit of extra damage.

Honestly, I wouldn't use Carolina Parakeet for leveling, because it doesn't function well until you have both Prototype Particle Accelerator and Flame Shield, first achievable at level 44.

Until then, you're probably better off sticking to one tree or the other, then respec if you want to later.

if you're leveling ignore all these threads on the forums and just go full 31 points into something. These points are spread among two trees so while you're leveling you don't get full effect. My advice? Level advanced prototype cause you probably won't play it at 50.