Why do people with Female Characters not suck?

PatBar

I don't get it. I'm a female player who plays only female characters and I just don't see any of the things people claim about female characters. I've played Guild Wars and WoW and no one has EVER treated me any differently from anyone else. Never gotten any gifts because of some love struck guy. Never been flirted with. Never been harassed. Never been treated differently, period. And I've been playing since 2004.

So I can't ever relate when other females say "I had to roll male characters to be respected!" or when guys say "I rolled a female character and got loads of presents!"

I don't see what everyone else sees either in this thread. In WoW, female characters were just as bad as males. And I don't want to say that all of them were played by guys, but a lot were, and it usually tended to be easy for me to tell if they were by the way they typed/talked or because they freely admitted they were guys. These types of characters I felt had an even higher chance of being more elitist than the male characters were.

So I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because I've never rolled a male character before and don't know what the other side of the fence is like. Or maybe it's because I'm a girl and am not attracted to girls and therefore don't see a female character anymore welcoming than a guy character, especially considering that I don't know their true gender anyway. :confused:

Edited by JadeBranch

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe it's because I'm a girl and am not attracted to girls and therefore don't see a female character anymore welcoming than a guy character, especially considering that I don't know their true gender anyway. :confused:

It could well be this last bit, at least partially. ;o But your post still made me go ":("

I don't know, it could just be situational, and lots of other things, that might seem trivial, but aren't. Like someone's name, or a small part of their behavior that while tiny, could be affecting another's view of them (but only for that person, etc).

Hopefully things will be different for you here! What server are you on, if I may ask? :o You don't have to say. :)

It could well be this last bit, at least partially. ;o But your post still made me go ":("

I don't know, it could just be situational, and lots of other things, that might seem trivial, but aren't. Like someone's name, or a small part of their behavior that while tiny, could be affecting another's view of them (but only for that person, etc).

Hopefully things will be different for you here! What server are you on, if I may ask? :o You don't have to say. :)

I play on Lord Adraas, which has been great. Good RP and real nice people. Only grouped with one rude person so far.

Anyway, I won't ever miss not being harassed or not respected, though the gold could have been nice. ;)

I like to think I am fair about my group inviting. I can't really see who a person is when they just post in general chat or are some name in a /who list. (Real good method for getting a group together by the way, take the initiative and whisper people) I always take the first person who messaged me if multiple people want to join for a single dps role. And I've never randomly invited anyone because they were a guy or girl.

It seems like people who play female toons (guys or girls) are generaly much nicer people. They seem more willing to help you out. They won't bash you in general chat. And they always seem more willing to group up.

I play both male and female toons, and I'm generally helpful regardless of sex. It's mainly just because of my personality - I try to help those that ask for it. I will /ignore players that can't get simple concepts through their heads, though, such as people who don't know how to get the AC.

I don't get it. I'm a female player who plays only female characters and I just don't see any of the things people claim about female characters. . :confused:

It´s a kiddie thing.

Don´t think too much about it. It is one of those things that carry the risk of corroding your brain if You are not in the appropriate age bracket.

Also, it occurred to me that there's an actual answer to the question the OP has asked.

The answer is, "...because we have bewbz."

I have spoken.

Bewbs are indeed strong in the Force. Though we are lacking means of capitalizing on their power. However I will not overlook the placebo effect of their presence.