Devs not answering for the Operative nerf

Steamrolled

Am i the only one who`s getting really frustrated that there has been no response from the dev`s after the patch and people realized what they did?

There`s been thousands of posts already. People are crying out here. This is most of your IA / smuggler player base screaming here. They totally overdid it, they went about in the completely wrong way, rendering the dps operatives / scoundrels useless. Unable to compete with any other class unless completely out geared.

Is this being looked into? I know you cant admit you totally messed up, that your "internal testing" is based on qq threads that was posted b4 the adren/stim nerf , and we all know you did not have time to properly test the class after the adren/stim nerf either. How stupid do you think we are? Honestly?

Right now we cant back up our experience by parsers and other tools. But i see the numbers every single wz.

Flame me all you want, tell me i need to L2P.

50 BMgeared Operative

You're not alone. I am frustrated too. BW say that they listen to the community... well, here we are, thousands of posts...

It would have been okay, if BW did not quote that they would take care of the community. But they did. and now, they do not give a **** about us. Not a single word. Shame on you, BW... *insert bad word here*

The lack of communication is one of the main headaches that I have as well.

If they would give more reasoning behind what they are doing (not the 1 line 4 word "ops were too powerful") there might not be as much theorycrafting in why they did what they did.

They don't listen to you because it's useless whining. The nerf was a good decision on BW's part, op/scoundrel is a UTILITY class, u don't deserve to have stealth, heals, purges, AND the highest burst damage in the game.

You get alot of skills, learn to use more of them and u will realize why they nerfed you.

They don't listen to you because it's useless whining. The nerf was a good decision on BW's part, op/scoundrel is a UTILITY class, u don't deserve to have stealth, heals, purges, AND the highest burst damage in the game.

You get alot of skills, learn to use more of them and u will realize why they nerfed you.

exactly.

Is this some sort of joke? Here I was thinking the UTILITY class was the one with:

bubble

force speed

force pull

aoe knockback

better healing

better purge

more cc

channeled slow

better energy resource system

all from a cozy 30 meter range

aka SORC.

Edited by VirgiI

This. They made Ops/Scoundrels require team play in group situations. You can still blow up low armor opponents in 1v1 and have to outplay people in higher armor 1v1; you can no longer 1vX people. It wasn't so much a nerf, rather a playstyle change, and the people who cannot adapt to the new playstyle are the ones complaining about the nerf.

Edited by Kryptorchid

It's annoying listening to one trick wonder players whine cause there tricks no longer works. I suggest to every op/scoundrel that u look at every skill u have and your talents and who knows u might find something new that works just as good if not better.

It's annoying listening to one trick wonder players whine cause there tricks no longer works. I suggest to every op/scoundrel that u look at every skill u have and your talents and who knows u might find something new that works just as good if not better.

yeah way to completely ignore my post that completely destroys your claim that we're supposed to be the "utility" class.

Is this some sort of joke? Here I was thinking the UTILITY class was the one with:

bubble

force speed

force pull

aoe knockback

better healing

better purge

more cc

channeled slow

aka SORC.

Omg u have NEVER read any of your talent trees have you.

yeah way to completely ignore my post that completely destroys your claim that we're supposed to be the "utility" class.

Ok u got no bubble like the sorc

Force speed? You can talent the ability to be 15% faster ALL the time, force speed is 2 seconds, u can talent debilitate to boost your speed 30% for 4 seconds.

No pull or aoe knock backs. Oh well.

Try to talent heals, for sorcs heals to be good they gotta spec it too.

Both purges are the same and both have a talent upgrade.

CC wise u probably get more when u talent the knockdown.

Channeled slow? Try ops aoe slow, yes you gotta talent it.

There skills have a large usage compared to regen rate, also because u need tactical advantage to use certain skills the energy needs are cut in half compared to normal

Your ranged too, just not the hardest hiting skills.

Ok u got no bubble like the sorc

Force speed? You can talent the ability to be 15% faster ALL the time, force speed is 2 seconds, u can talent debilitate to boost your speed 30% for 4 seconds.

No pull or aoe knock backs. Oh well.

Try to talent heals, for sorcs heals to be good they gotta spec it too.

Both purges are the same and both have a talent upgrade.

CC wise u probably get more when u talent the knockdown.

Channeled slow? Try ops aoe slow, yes you gotta talent it.

There skills have a large usage compared to regen rate, also because u need tactical advantage to use certain skills the energy needs are cut in half compared to normal

Your ranged too, just not the hardest hiting skills.

You sir are very ignorant of our class

-bubble is like a 4k instant heal, so yeah it s a pretty big deal, even a bigger one since a guard will directly increase it's effect.

- 15% increase speed is good to stick on someone, it has almost no escape and defensive utility. I would trade this with sorcs any day.

- pull is one of the best skill out there: better that an heal, better than a bubble, you completely take one of your mates out of a messy fighting situation, giving sorcs a second **** button with bubble.

- hum bump itself is amazing against melee negating all damage for a couple seconds, and can serve as an interrupt.

- the healing of a dps sorc is way better than of a dps OPs, just because of the energy regen system that prevents a dps OPs from spamming self heals.

- purge Are NOT the same, just plain wrong, since Heal spec'd OPS won't be able to purge any force effects, and seeing that 3/4 players are playing a force user...

- the channeled slow is a base talent for sorcs, we need to spend 17 points into what is seen as our worst talent tree to get that small AOE snare (3 people, 6 seconds, for only 30% snare...)

- I love the advantage system and the regen seems right to me, but still having to manage both, should have more perks, compared to a no brainer sorcs ressource pool management

- the thing is, we are NOT range, and one of the things hurting most for heal spec'd OPs, is the 10m range on our mezz and 4 range on our stun. Having 30m range on those skills + damage skills is a huge advantage.

Please, stop beeping so ignorant

if AB some how was 50% for pve and 30% for pvp id be happy. i cant speak for anyone but me at 600 expers its hard to 2v1 now but that seems what they did intend for our class. after full BM gear this might change completely when fighting lower rank people but vs 1 or 2 other BM geared people would you all say we are a joke?

im on the fence with this nerf.

bubble

force speed

force pull

aoe knockback

better healing

better purge

more cc

channeled slow

aka SORC.

politics dictates, nerf less populated burst class generating changes. Make fuzzy changes to a few other classes. nerf high population class. That way the majority can't complain you only pick on them.

2-3 patches out sorc adjustments.

I Play a sniper, compared to me yes your a utility class.

But you're a huge DPS class, I started rolling a Gunslinger and for the first 5 WZ's I got top damage at level 10! No amazing abilities just basic attacks. Also because of the 30 metre range Snipers can sit back relatively comfortably whereas Op have no effective extra damage resistance than Sniper and now have lost the ability to kill quickly and get good DPS.

Plus Sniper has the bubble ability that they can use from cover.

Now if I attack a Sorc I can tell how it's going to be, after my first wave, AoE throw, lightning, die. That's why I don't attack a sorc with full health now because there's absolutely no point.

Edited by MrDeas

But you're a huge DPS class, I started rolling a Gunslinger and for the first 5 WZ's I got top damage at level 10! No amazing abilities just basic attacks. Also because of the 30 metre range Snipers can sit back relatively comfortably whereas Op have no effective extra damage resistance than Sniper and now have lost the ability to kill quickly and get good DPS.

Plus Sniper has the bubble ability that they can use from cover.

Now if I attack a Sorc I can tell how it's going to be, after my first wave, AoE throw, lightning, die. That's why I don't attack a sorc with full health now because there's absolutely no point.

We got the same probe as u, entrench only prevents cc, no damage blocked. And yes snipers do good dps they are a dps class, we have no other role. Before the nerf ops out damaged me in WZ all the time. op is NOT a pure dps class, and now ur skills refect it.

exactly.

So a class that has an entire tree named "concealment" where most of the talents are based on doing burst damage is a utility class? Will you non operative players that have no idea what you are talking about please go back to your own forums and let the grown ups talk.

An operative can be specced to be a utility class. But in the case of the skills that were targeted (acid blades and jarring strike) they require 31 skill points and 26 skill points, respectively. Once this is committed, one can not argue that the op is a utility class any longer, it becomes dps because of the limited ability to access what would make it a working utility.

I see arguments that this is a great change and I think those are fallacious on the simple basis that it is way too early in the game's progress to make any such evaluation. Likewise, it is way too early to be making these changes as any data analyst would conclude. That's the problem, whether you play ops or not. All the evidence points to them making the change to try and quiet a noisy sub population which will never be satisfied, and they're willing to break the balance of the game to do it. There simply is not the possibility of having enough collected data over enough time for this to be an informed evaluation and decision.