Defending "the civil war" requires no skill

RogueSatyr

To be honest I'm surprised nodes even get capped at all seeing as how every single class gets at least one area dot eventually.

Orly? because I don't have one, can I haz one pl0x?

I also have about... Iunno, two removals, enough CC to stop a fairly large army and enough survivability to just tank two or three people off the turret and spam slows on them. Not to mention my 30 meter force pull. Or apparently my ability to actually use a tactic other than "LOLZ KILL DEM ALL!"

As a side note. Alderaan is probably the only WZ I don't despise the respawn timer on... though Huttballs I mainly despise because everything about that damned WZ is hell (and I'm a class that can run both fires in a row without dying or slowing, Ironic.)

Simple question: would the Alderaan WZ be improved if the side drop-off points were, say 20 or 30 "logical yards" further away?

I think this would make capturing and defending more dynamic and improve the warzone by a small but significant amount.

-Lens

If the opposing team is using GY rush tactics to defend it's extremely easy to do a bait and switch and cap the other side. Just hammer one side for a little while, then as soon as you get a decent respawn wave you go to the other side and their entire defense is going to the wrong side of the map. For a small bonus you can leave 1-2 people to disrupt their movement through the cellar.

If the opposing team is using GY rush tactics to defend it's extremely easy to do a bait and switch and cap the other side. Just hammer one side for a little while, then as soon as you get a decent respawn wave you go to the other side and their entire defense is going to the wrong side of the map. For a small bonus you can leave 1-2 people to disrupt their movement through the cellar.

Shhh don't tell them strategies they could never understand, the people who complain about this kinda thing are the people who fight 6 (of them) on 1 tank popping every CD they have whilst the rest of the tanks team just caps all three turrets.