Sentinel - Marauder / Cauterize vs Rupture, different stats depending on faction

Keldaur

The DoT component for marauder is 33% higher than sentinel's one.

Marauder's Rupture at lvl 1:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...020303421.jpg/

Sentinels's Cauterize at lvl 1:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...020303435.jpg/

So not only tons of animations with delay which suck for the republic, but also freaking skills, like the blind grenade, aoe snare from guardian, and now this. Hope it doesn't take 3 patchs like the others to get fixed.

Bioware, get your pants on, and start fixing things which really matter, and not stupid emotes on bikes, founder's title and things nobody give a crap.

Posting this on several places so people know the truth :p

Yes, a pvp geared sentinel's cauterize DoT is around 750-800.

A pvp geared marauder's rupture DoT is around 1000-1100.

It's a tooltip error, not a gameplay error. Searing saber's bug is visual for Imps but hidden for Rep.

That's lvl 1's. No talents involved. So they even get a better edge from that bug too :p

Edited by Keldaur

Wearing my PvP gear as a sentinel: 976 damage over time.

It's a tooltip error and your screenshots are bugged.

My tooltips aren't bugged, i played on beta and the difference was there too. I can tell you the difference because i already levelled one marauder on beta to 50, i just thought it was a nerf when i started my sentinel, but no, it's a 33% difference between both.

Btw i get 891 DoT damage with my pvp gear (no plasma blades talented). Marauders are way above that number, well, to be exact a 33%. It's not a tooltip error.

Edit - Just to get things clear.

You say it's because there's a tooltip error where they take into account their searing saber while our doesn't. I tell you there are no talents involved so that theory is wrong. Then you just say it's a tooltip error because you say so. Btw this is the tooltip from a marauder

Originally Posted by Pappus

1281 over 6 is the dot part without juyo stacked or anything just warrior buff and stim is up.

So you say it's just a tooltip error. Prove it.

Edited by Keldaur

It's a tooltip error. I actually got asked by a sentinel to test it and after we confirmed it we almost posted it on the forums but realized that it had been tested and proven a tooltip bug numerous times before. The forum wipe got rid of most of the threads regarding this tooltip bug but my point still stands.

It's a tooltip error. I actually got asked by a sentinel to test it and after we confirmed it we almost posted it on the forums but realized that it had been tested and proven a tooltip bug numerous times before. The forum wipe got rid of most of the threads regarding this tooltip bug but my point still stands.

Thank you.

Wearing my PvP gear as a sentinel: 976 damage over time.

It's a tooltip error and your screenshots are bugged.

What the hell? How do you have that high Cauterize tick with pvp gear? In my full Champion gear it's 830 and with my Rakta gear it's 907? ;/