Emergency Fleet Pass

Dinoviking

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea why its 18 hours. That's extremely excessive. I had a guildie help me with the end of the Jedi Knight class quest. He went to the planet where the quest was on with me and literally was stuck there until his fleet pass was off cooldown. Let's just say he had to play an alt.

So then they're punishing us for not having an authenticator.

Good to know.

Sorry if I seem a little combative, but I really hate this and truly believe it needs a cooldown reduction. We shouldn't be forced to buy an authenticator just so we can have the privilege of spending an additional 1k each for passes. The free one needs to work more often.

Again, just my opinion.

You do realize you can buy any-time fleet passes for 1k each at the security vendor on the fleet station right?

Heck, if you wanted you could buy 10 of em and go to fleet 10 times in 15 minutes for giggles.

Those fleet passes have a 1 hour cooldown.

As to the OP: it's not a "convenience fleet pass", it's an "emergency fleet pass." As in, it's there for those once-a-day emergencies that might come up, like trapped somewhere that /stuck won't fix, or you helped someone with a class quest and can't leave the "instance planet", so to speak (e.g. space stations that only exist in storylines).

I have no idea why its 18 hours. That's extremely excessive. I had a guildie help me with the end of the Jedi Knight class quest. He went to the planet where the quest was on with me and literally was stuck there until his fleet pass was off cooldown. Let's just say he had to play an alt.

Ummm why?

He could have ported to planet's spaceport/shuttle. Then he could have flown to where ever he needed to fly to. Or he could have take a speeder to closest outpost, taxi, etc.

So then they're punishing us for not having an authenticator.

Good to know.

Sorry if I seem a little combative, but I really hate this and truly believe it needs a cooldown reduction. We shouldn't be forced to buy an authenticator just so we can have the privilege of spending an additional 1k each for passes. The free one needs to work more often.

Again, just my opinion.

Why shouldn't you be forced to do it? The only reason you've provided that it "needs to work more often" is that you hate the limitation. Providing an incentive to get an authenticator is not the same as punishing you for not getting one.

Why shouldn't you be forced to do it? The only reason you've provided that it "needs to work more often" is that you hate the limitation. Providing an incentive to get an authenticator is not the same as punishing you for not getting one.

This is why I said that it is just my opinion. You are absolutely right. The primary reason I want this changed is for convenience reasons. Because I don't like the limitation.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, and I very much respect that. However, that being said, a lot of people DO agree with me, and that should be enough to get the Devs to at least THINK about it.

If they think about it, decide I'm wrong, and refuse to change it, oh well. I'll live. Not a game breaking issue, just a really annoying one. If the Devs decide to ignore me, so be it.

At least I tried.

Who cares? You have your Quick Travel, if that's gone you have the your 1 hour Fleet Pass, if that's gone you have the Emergency Fleet Pass, and if that's gone you use one of the Fleet transports on the planet...

Are you really complaining about this?

Who cares? You have your Quick Travel, if that's gone you have the your 1 hour Fleet Pass, if that's gone you have the Emergency Fleet Pass, and if that's gone you use one of the Fleet transports on the planet...

Are you really complaining about this?

Yup. I am totally complaining about this.

And, as I stated, you need the authenticator to get the 1 hour passes. Those without one are left with the 18 hour one. And the fleet transports don't do you much good if you can't get to 'em, or if they're half a planet away.

Oh, and I care. That's who cares. Me. Maybe just me, I'll admit, but me nonetheless.

Have a nice day.

The real issue is the loading times in between travelling from one place to another. Eliminate that like WoW did, and you will not mind the 18 hr cooldowns

Or, just eliminate all of the unnecessary extra steps required to get from planet to planet, or from planet to fleet. Do that, and I won't care about the fleet pass anymore.

Or, just eliminate all of the unnecessary extra steps required to get from planet to planet, or from planet to fleet. Do that, and I won't care about the fleet pass anymore.

I stopped going to /fleet whenever possible while leveling my main because of the hassle involved in switching planets with the excessive amount of loading screens : / Probably why no one looks for group for leveling content in there as well amongst other reasons.

Disagree.

18 hours makes sense on the emergency pass. You have the Quick Travel option as well which is only 30 minutes CD.

Quick travel won't take you to fleet. You can travel to the spaceport, and then go through about a billion extra steps, many of them totally unnecessary, to get back to fleet. Remove the extra steps, and I got no more problem. Let us bind right next to our ship, (or even ON our ship). Then we can quick travel right to our ship and launch out for fleet. Simple. No more problem.

Maybe they should just rename the darn thing. Change the name from "emergency" fleet pass to something else. Then lower the cool down.

Just spitballing ideas here. Gotta try something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.