Enough with this Twitter/Facebook BS.

Shadowquinn

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Social Media is considered the next BIG business communication output. Bioware, along with many other companies are hiring specific Social Media Coordinators to manage it.

While I think that communication on the forums is important, you have greater access to real-time notification through twitter/facebook.

To think that it is not a huge and upcoming focus for most companies is to be living about 5 years in the past. As a compensation analyst, I have had to market price a ton of these jobs and they just keep coming.

Edited by JaxonLuxor

Couldn't DISAGREE more. You use EVERY means at your disposal to get info out as fast as you can. I would wager A LOT that more people are tuned into Twitter/Facebook to get their SW:TOR news then by any other means. Even this site.

I USED to hate Twitter but now, I get EVERYTHING faster!!! Breaking news, sports scores, earthquake notices, SW:TOR news and more. Its a great medium.

If people would stop damn crying they might could post here. It is impossible to get any decent information from the forums right now due to people like the OP who just are hear to B&M about every little thing.

twitter is a great way to keep up with what is happening because I dont have to listen to you people cry. Also they have been posting here so your original point is not even valid.

Just to add to that ... Twitter updated about 9:07, FB about 9:08 and time stamp of the sticky is <gasp! OMG the world is coming to an end!!!!> 9:33am

26 minutes ... REALLY? That's what the OP's complaint is about this morning?

<shakes head>

Not to mention the 9:33 update gives us MUCH more information than the simple "Wave 1 has been sent" updates on FB/Twitter.

33 minutes after is not 'right about the same time'.

Maybe because the forums are flooded with "OMG when doez I getz my early accezz" posts and they get thrown into the waiting queue like everyone else.

Twitter and FB are the fastest way to update people. If the forums were down, people would be complaining about "OMG the forumz are down, I can't getz any updatez" it's a no win situation with this.

Just to add to that ... Twitter updated about 9:07, FB about 9:08 and time stamp of the sticky is <gasp! OMG the world is coming to an end!!!!> 9:33am

26 minutes ... REALLY? That's what the OP's complaint is about this morning?

<shakes head>

Not to mention the 9:33 update gives us MUCH more information than the simple "Wave 1 has been sent" updates on FB/Twitter.

QFT the sticky post that came less than half an hour after the twitter post had about 5 times as much info.

It's amazing how so many people refuse to adapt to technology when it comes out. Twitter/Facebook is the new way of staying in touch in real time, kind of like an RSS feed, but I'm sure you probably don't believe in or even know what that is either...

This is why I.T. people have nightmares and loathe supporting you people.

When you have a wait to get on the forums and people want answers, social networking is the way to go. Man up and get with the times. Or are you still complaining about fuel injected vehicles and CD players...

I don't have a twitter, don't care, but I also don't feel that this company owes me any sort of explanation for anything. My life doesn't revolve around a video game. What a sad life some of you have.

And how many times do they need to post the same information over and over again because it gets lost?

And no I will never sign up for either site. Information related to their product should always be on their own site first, what they do afterwards is their own business.

Vital information IS posted on the forums.

Answers to queries from players and small updates are often only on Twitter/FB, and that's just fine. It's a piece of cake to reply to many people quickly on Twitter. It isn't on here. Stephen isn't doing this just to spite players. It's logical and more time-effective.

The point is not how easy it is to get the info out there or that you don't have to have a twitter/facebook account to read it, the point is a lot of us don't like twitter/facebook and should not have to go outside of this website to get the info that we are looking for.

So all you tweet happy fanboys can keep tweets. As long as the forum guys/gals get the same info at the same time as you do.

Edited by Shadowquinn

The point is not how easy it is to get the info out there or that you don't have to have a twitter/facebook account to read it, the point is a lot of us don't like twitter/facebook and should not have to go outside of this website to get the info that we are looking for.

So all you tweet happy fanboys can keep tweets. As long as the forum guys/gals get the same info at the same time as you do.

By your logic I could say " I don't like people that post on the forums to complain instead of emailing Bioware about it" Either way, not much is gonna change for either of us

Social Media is considered the next BIG business communication output. Bioware, along with many other companies are hiring specific Social Media Coordinators to manage it.
My own company as well.

And for this I fear for the future of our society. Just look at the temperaments of the instant gratification generation.

Maybe you company guys don't get it, so here let me help you.

Stop posting all new news on Twitter/Facebook and put it here on the GAME forums FIRST.

You may not understand this but there is a HUGE following for your game right here on YOUR game website. Yet we have to go outside the forums to get the latest news? Nice way to treat your fan base.

Post it here first then have fun with your tweet crap and your facesuck. Show some love to the forum guys.

They have been posting it here. It's called the Dev Tracker. It lists all updates made by the devs. Have you even bothered looking?

By your logic I could say " I don't like people that post on the forums to complain instead of emailing Bioware about it" Either way, not much is gonna change for either of us

Forums aren't going away because they provide things twitter and facebook never can.

However information should be posted to the forums just as quickly and as often as to anything else.

Lazy CS is not the future (or at least not a good future).

Forums aren't going away because they provide things twitter and facebook never can.

However information should be posted to the forums just as quickly and as often as to anything else.

Lazy CS is not the future (or at least not a good future).

They were 26 minutes apart, and the forum post was a fully fledged typed out release. It took 15 seconds to type into twitter, that doesn't have any perceivable effect on how long it takes him to type the release for the forums. I agree with using the forums for longer posts, but the idea that using twitter/fb has any effect on the forums posts is ludicrous

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.