Enough with this Twitter/Facebook BS.

Shadowquinn

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Reid's scared of the forum community. All our rage has hurt his wittle feelings. So much so that he felt the need to yell at the twitter folks.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16931

Your EGA tears are not real issues. - Paraphrased from Stephen Reid

He's right... Your EGA tears are NOT real issues. I'd love to see you people put up with half the crap he does and still get stuff done.

Thanks you are the first person who has linked it. I hate twitter and FB, for multiple reasons (mostly paranoia), but I have to agree with Bio-ware's strategy, the forums are a very small, but VERY vocal minority. I'm sure they will write a forum entry as well, have some patience people...

That's for SR if you want SWTOR you need https://twitter.com/#!/SWTOR

YEA!! Stop usin them thar fancypants ways of sendin' the communication.

That birdy thing and the facebooks be just as bad as them thar damn cellular telephones they keep tryin' ta sell me.

My telegraph is still workin just as good as the day I installed it back in nineteen-ot-nine!

*grabs cane and shakes it in the general direction of Texas*

:p

/signed

I have used twitter and got bored with it. I quit FB several months ago and pretty much just use G+ now for my social networking. So I don't have anything against Social Networking sites or the people that use them, to each their own. That being said, when I want to know basic info (basic mind you, not spoilers or quest help etc) about a game, I go to the game/company webpage first.

It's just common sense, THIS is the webpage for your game. This is where we first learn server names, game requirements, etc etc. So yes, I do agree that EA stuff should be here first. The twitter, FB, whatever else you use, that's bonus to me, not the default.

Twitter and Facebook are awesome for staying in touch with the greatest majority of your customers on a timely basis rather than waiting for them to read something on the forums. Twitter and Facebook are great for getting news out. The official forums are better for actual discussion, not just news.

So suck it up and join the rest of the world that embraces social media or get lost and left behind. Your choice.

This. Forums are too linear for the kind of information they need to put out, and too cumbersome. It's logical they're using Twitter & FB to communicate bursts of small bits of news with customers.

YEA!! Stop usin them thar fancypants ways of sendin' the communication.

That birdy thing and the facebooks be just as bad as them thar damn cellular telephones they keep tryin' ta sell me.

My telegraph is still workin just as good as the day I installed it back in nineteen-ot-nine!

*grabs cane and shakes it in the general direction of Texas*

:p

Texas is Thataway sir ----------->

How's that hard? You don't have to have an account and it's a live feed that auto updates... Best way for them to get information out imo, clearly forums aren't as we have like 50 threads asking for information that's in the stickies.. Because they don't check the stickies.

This. Forums are too linear for the kind of information they need to put out, and too cumbersome. It's logical they're using Twitter & FB to communicate bursts of small bits of news with customers.

And how many times do they need to post the same information over and over again because it gets lost?

And no I will never sign up for either site. Information related to their product should always be on their own site first, what they do afterwards is their own business.

I'm not a big user of social media, but I do see their advantage.

That said, I feel that anything official about the game said on a third party site should be mirrored on the official site within a reasonable time frame.

Despite what the instant gratification mobile generation think, Facebook and Twitter are not necessary. The official site is.

Maybe you company guys don't get it, so here let me help you.

Stop posting all new news on Twitter/Facebook and put it here on the GAME forums FIRST.

You may not understand this but there is a HUGE following for your game right here on YOUR game website. Yet we have to go outside the forums to get the latest news? Nice way to treat your fan base.

Post it here first then have fun with your tweet crap and your facesuck. Show some love to the forum guys.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=276764

Enjoy.

I totally and absolutely agree.

twitter and facebook sucks. If you you are keen on the social media stuff have your PR folks run twitter, FB and g+ focused on getting new players there.

But use your game homepage here to inform your actual and real and paying! followers.

Here is an idea: Add a news ticker to swtor.com and have that one auto-export to twitter like a RSS feed or such.

Agreed. I understand, that the whole world and beyond is using this twitter/FB stuff, but i am not. And i dont like to get important information via 3rd parties.

The rest of the work is also using a new fangled contraption called the telephone, yet you old timers insist on using smoke signals

Agreed. Twitter is used by self absorbed twits. I say ignore it and call in the support number everytime you have a question. Flood the support call center with questions, and I bet they change how they get out updates.

Maybe you company guys don't get it, so here let me help you.

Stop posting all new news on Twitter/Facebook and put it here on the GAME forums FIRST.

You may not understand this but there is a HUGE following for your game right here on YOUR game website. Yet we have to go outside the forums to get the latest news? Nice way to treat your fan base.

Post it here first then have fun with your tweet crap and your facesuck. Show some love to the forum guys.

See the sticky at the top of the page? Updated right about the same time their FB & Twitter feeds were.

If people would stop damn crying they might could post here. It is impossible to get any decent information from the forums right now due to people like the OP who just are hear to B&M about every little thing.

twitter is a great way to keep up with what is happening because I dont have to listen to you people cry. Also they have been posting here so your original point is not even valid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.