TorHead just posted some interesting Patch 1.x info.

Lemon_King

I'm starting to become disillusioned with SWTOR, I doubt this game will make it to 1.4 without losing another handful of suscribers... =/

Sorry, I hate to be "that guy" but i've been TRYING to keep my chin up about SWTOR, but there are so many problems with it, it's hard for me to even care anymore, I've foolishly commited to a 6 month suscription plan, if SWTOR fails to impress me in 6 months time, I'm out of here.

The thing is, most of the people still playing the game love the storylines but are just ok with flashpoints and operations.

Coming up with 8 new storylines for the classes and new sidequests is gonna take forever and all you got in between is new operations.

Alot of people are gonna be disappointed.

Because you passed the WoW stage and now want an actual living world.

Go find a game that suits your wants, then, instead of trying to make Bioware change the game into what you want. Just because you want something else doesn't mean you're any more important than those of us who like things as they are.

Continuation with an Operation.

This time you aid the ever-lovable Gree Droids in defeating the Dread Masters and making everything purple parallel.

Ooooohh, thanks. I didn't realize there was another link within the link. I'm ready for Operation: Terror From Beyond.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

SWTOR is the only Star Wars MMO now and anyway, the things we want wouldn't hurt your gameplay.

1. Don't say we. You speak for no one but yourself.

2. You're wrong. You constantly say space combat needs to be "fixed". It's not broken. It's just not your ideal gameplay style. There's a huge difference. Changing it would hurt my gameplay, and anyone else's that enjoys it.

3. It's a theme park style MMORPG, not a sandbox. Despite what you may think, sandbox games are pretty niche, and Bioware (along with most MMO developers now) would be smart to cater to the casuals rather than the hardcore players.

1. Check the thread in my sig to see the others in "we".

2.1. I never said "fix it", I said we need a real space combat.

2.2. I never said to remove the tunnel shooter, just that another space portion must be added.

3. I never asked for a sandbox MMO, I just expect AAA MMO features like they said we'd get.

Edited by Dreossk

1. Check the thread in my sig to see the others in "we".

2.1. I never said "fix it" I said we need a real space combat.

2.2. I never said to remove the tunnel shooter.

3. I never asked for a sandbox MMO, I just expect AAA MMO features like they said we'd get.

The only thing in TOR that the devs said we'd get but haven't yet is SGRA's. If you were expecting otherwise you have only yourself to blame.

No, they specifically said it would contain every expected AAA MMO features. That's the source of the problem since the beginning.

"Every expected MMO feature" is so subjective you'd have to be an idiot to hold them to what you personally (or you and some others on the forums) believe are "expected features".

What happens if I and some others came out and said we were 100% content with things as they are? Just by saying that, your demands are invalidated.

"Every expected MMO feature" is so subjective you'd have to be an idiot to hold them to what you personally (or you and some others on the forums) believe are "expected features".

Yes, I for example consider fishing an "expected feature" of triple A MMOs and SWTOR, lacking fishing, just doesn't make the grade at the moment... :p;)

I don't really want to get into that. If you like the game a lot then fine, I'm happy for you (really). I just love Star Wars too much to accept the current condition and I will fight for it to become the best and something we will remember in a couple of months/years. Edited by Dreossk

Flashpoints, flashpoints, dailies, flashpoints... Is this serious? Zero new feature? How accurate is this? Looks like a joke or better be.

IMHO this is only the dark side of the patches: content based on quests/story

The other part will be fixes and new or improved game play

I don't really want to get into that. If you like the game a lot then fine, I'm happy for you (really). I just love Star Wars too much to accept the current condition and I will fight for it to become the best and something we will remember in a couple of months/years.

Awesome, too bad you only speak for yourself and what you consider "the best" only applies to you!

Sigh.

On the one hand, seems the Empire continues its trend of getting its *** kicked - looks like it's official that the Republic won Corellia, then the Dread Masters and Moff Regus defect.

On the other hand, looks like the Empire is softening its xenophobia - Regus is explicitly stated to have outdated attitudes, and it looks like there's a Chagrian Imperial admiral.