Biotech nerf??

Rabidxwang

i heard in game that biotech is gonna get nerfed? is this true? and how so? im a really new player and really like the crew skill system but Biotech is only one worth the time....and now i hear its getting nerfed? info plz.....not flames lol

I have to ask, if you are really new, how do you know its the only one worth the time? I have alts doing all of them and they all have their uses.

had long discussion in general with someone who has done most if not all crew skills. i asked about which crew skills to take. when new, ask questions

The perception that it is the only one worth taking is exactly why it is being nerfed. It isnt that the others arent useful, it was that only bio offered bio only buffs at end game. the current "nerf" is to allow everyone to use those buffs. Now you can actually pick what skill you want to, not just pick bio for the end game buff, or mindlessly roll bio because someone in general said it was the "only one worth doing"

They are also going to add more benefits to the other skills eventually as well.

The perception that it is the only one worth taking is exactly why it is being nerfed. It isnt that the others arent useful, it was that only bio offered bio only buffs at end game. the current "nerf" is to allow everyone to use those buffs. Now you can actually pick what skill you want to, not just pick bio for the end game buff, or mindlessly roll bio because someone in general said it was the "only one worth doing"

They are also going to add more benefits to the other skills eventually as well.

Yeah, having to level a tradeskill to be competitive at endgame is precisely why I disliked a certain other game.

It isnt that the others arent useful, it was that only bio offered bio only buffs at end game..

Reguardless of the buffs the other Crew Skills are not useful. I know a lot of people have been leveling up say Synthweaving making their Rakata belt and bracers with augment slots then dropping for Biochem.

No other crew skill rewards the player like Biochem yes that helps in endgame but instead of nerfing Biochem Bioware could try idk actually fixing the crafting system.

It's not just perception. They can keep nerfing the crap out of Biochem, but as long as there are reusable stims and adrenals, it will be better than every other crew skill in the game. Why? Because none of the other crew skills offer much of anything at all that's perpetually useful at level 50.

Biochem is only made good by virtue of every other crew skill being crap. And this situation will remain as long as all the other crew skills are crap. Simply nerfing Biochem in every single patch won't solve anything.

Edited by marshalleck

It's not just perception. They can keep nerfing the crap out of Biochem, but as long as there are reusable stims and adrenals, it will be better than every other crew skill in the game. Why? Because none of the other crew skills offer much of anything at all that's perpetually useful at level 50.

Biochem is only made good by virtue of every other crew skill being crap. And this situation will remain as long as all the other crew skills are crap. Simply nerfing Biochem in every single patch won't solve anything.

I toss 'nades.

A lot of cool 'nades.

Ain't no one takin' mah 'nades.

The stims are just as good as the green stims only reusable. Blue medpacks are actually better then the purple ones. People could alternatively just buy green stims instead of having epics, they aren't better, only money-saving. If people buy epic level 50 gear with augments off the GTN they are spending money there. Rolling synthweave saves that money.

BW is trying to balance it such that each profession saves/makes you money on that profession.

Bio being the only useful one because of reusable stims that could otherwise be purchased is a matter of opinion.

You have to define "useful".

All the crew skils are "useful". All of them have stuff you can make that people will use and turn a profit on them. It may not be raid level superior stuff, or end game stuff, but it's there.

Biochem, however, is the only one that has significant use to those who just want to kill things that has no financially feasible alternative method of acquisition.

Some would argue that all the craft skills should have significant use to those who just want to kill things that has no financially feasible alternative method of acquisition. These people (obviously) see no problems with Biochems perk and advocate that others crew skills should instead have these types of perks as well.

Others would argue that no trade skill should have significant use to those who just want to kill things that that has no financially feasible alternative method of acquisition. These people (obviously) see a significant problem with Biochems perk and want to see it removed, and *definitely* don't want to see a similar perk added to the other crew skills.

Seeing as, IMO, the whole point of "tradeskills" is trade. Which is buying and selling, I have to firmly come down on the latter side of the argument. The Biochem "combat" perk should be removed.

Yeah good going Bioware. So the Biochem ONLY Rakata Stims, Medpacks and Adrenals will be exactly like the other stuff you can use without having the skill.

Thats, like... really awesome!

Instead of maybe trying to give other jobs some viable bind on pickup stuff that would make them worthwhile to have, you just reduce everything to be equally pointless.

What the hell would i keep Biochem for now if the stuff ONLY i am able to use isn't even a TINY bit better than all the non restricted stuff?

Someone at Bioware really needs to get a clue about what crafting is about. The whole itemization and balance is ridiculous.

I agree that no crafting skill should be so overpowered that it's the "only" viable choice for endgame... but the way Bioware keeps "fixing" these issues is just beyond lazy.

Why not let everyone just learn every craft and gathering skill? Noone has to choose which craft is best... just pick all! Genius... no? :jawa_evil:

The real problem is that they are nerfing when they should be buffing other skills...

They copied so many design elements and goals from WoW, I don't see why they couldn't just figure out some way for each crew skill to offer its own permanent buff of X quantity to whichever stat thematically fits. WoW had this pretty much figured out some years ago, enough time for Bioware to analyze A) why Blizzard implemented the solution, and B) it's overall effectiveness, both perceptually and statistically.

Reguardless of the buffs the other Crew Skills are not useful. I know a lot of people have been leveling up say Synthweaving making their Rakata belt and bracers with augment slots then dropping for Biochem.

No other crew skill rewards the player like Biochem yes that helps in endgame but instead of nerfing Biochem Bioware could try idk actually fixing the crafting system.

Exactly. Whoever is in charge of the crew skill design part of the game, needs to be demoted/fired and replaced.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.