only took a month and a half...and now...

einsoff

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking your time with content is irrelevant if you are putting an obscene amount of hours into the game.

how is this the developer's fault?

Made up example - 200 hours of gaming content .. player A puts in 10 hours a day and finishes in 20 days .. Player B puts in 2 hours a day and finishes in 100 days but it's the developers fault that player A is bored because there isn't enough content?

/shakes head

When you finish a game you stop playing it.

I know everyone does this on there PC PS3 and XBOX 360 games.

So you paid $75 for a game you played for a month and a half-Most games you play for two weeks for $60, do you go on there forums and complain that you have nothing left to do after beating skyrim, battlefield 3, mass effect, dragon age, ect?

If your done and you beat it, stop paying $15 a month and go play another game, when content comes out resub, get back together with your guild beat it, and then go back to something else.

This very idea is flawed. You do nothing but point out that this as an "MMO" is not really working in the way an MMO should. The idea is you keep subbing because an "MMO" is not supposed to run out of things to do, or max you out after a month. Doesn't sound like he hard-cored it. Average raid scheduled, just because his guild is good enough to do hard-modes means they should be punished for it?

The leveling curve in this game is far too quick for what waits at the end, and "roll an alt" is not acceptable as an answer, if you find it to be? You don't ask enough from the products you buy.

Unlike Mass effect, Dragon age, and Skyrim. This game is not a single player game, it's an MMO. But if you read, a lot of people say it feels single player - which is in and of itself odd. Battlefield 3 you can't beat, because it's online game play is unending.

like...imperial walkers invade a town...the townsfolk are like omg help me jedi, you help fight back the imperials...but if you don't in time the imperials take over the city and build fortifications...but you and your friends via an ad-hoc group take the town back for the republic! etc etc...you know. dynamic.

Because there will be like 5 people doing it after the initial hype does out. Rift tried that.....now people just run around to get where they need to go....too much of an annoyance really...

This very idea is flawed. You do nothing but point out that this as an "MMO" is not really working in the way an MMO should. The idea is you keep subbing because an "MMO" is not supposed to run out of things to do, or max you out after a month. Doesn't sound like he hard-cored it. Average raid scheduled, just because his guild is good enough to do hard-modes means they should be punished for it?

The leveling curve in this game is far too quick for what waits at the end, and "roll an alt" is not acceptable as an answer, if you find it to be? You don't ask enough from the products you buy.

Unlike Mass effect, Dragon age, and Skyrim. This game is not a single player game, it's an MMO. But if you read, a lot of people say it feels single player - which is in and of itself odd. Battlefield 3 you can't beat, because it's online game play is unending.

How is it not Developers fault!? Developers are there to for see this type of thing. So why then would they make it so easy to level if they know people will finish it so quickly? Its simple math/logic and yet they still couldn't get the formula right. Its the developers faults for making leveling to fast, plain and simple.

That's the sad thing. I didn't hurry either.

All I did was attempt to stay on level-par with the quests I was dong. I took the time to level up my crafts, farm credits, and made sure my character was decked out in the best epics available each level upgrade.

And now I'm max level and seen every planet on the game and it's barely been a month.

So now I have the fun and excitement of spamming the same daily quests and flashpoints over and over so I can add a few extra numbers to my gear. Awesome fun.

This game was built with assumption that people would go through all the storylines as focus, not a traditional mmo approach. That's why everything.g is voiced over. flashpoints and raids are side content. End game is Alts to me, can't wait for Legacy to finally come.

He means things like player created content and player cities, things that made a game like SWG stand out.

Instead we get the cheap WOW clone.

Lazy lazy lazy.

Those things that keep SWG going right? Oh sorry they closed that down due to no one playing right? Good model, a game that bombed on release and is now shut down. Maybe it's not the devs, but players that don't want an empty box to play with. Works good with 3 year olds I know.

How is it not Developers fault!? Developers are there to for see this type of thing. So why then would they make it so easy to level if they know people will finish it so quickly? Its simple math/logic and yet they still couldn't get the formula right. Its the developers faults for making leveling to fast, plain and simple.

I don't think I ever said it wasn't the Dev's fault? They designed the system.

That's the sad thing. I didn't hurry either.

All I did was attempt to stay on level-par with the quests I was dong. I took the time to level up my crafts, farm credits, and made sure my character was decked out in the best epics available each level upgrade.

And now I'm max level and seen every planet on the game and it's barely been a month.

So now I have the fun and excitement of spamming the same daily quests and flashpoints over and over so I can add a few extra numbers to my gear. Awesome fun.

On the other hand, they're putting in a new planet shortly, so you're not completely hosed, but...

...welcome to being part of the front edge, ahead of the game curve. While the really competent types are clicking along like you are, I see players crawling up a level to every three I've gotten...and I really don't play much save the weekends. There's plenty of 50's out there to my 37 + multiple for-fun altings.

SWTOR is casual mode. Which, IMHO isn't a bad thing...but it's going to drive WoW-happy raid types that think they're going to get Sci-fi equivalents to Cataclysm. That takes more dev time (or staff) than anyone save Blizzard and their hamster-wheel honed to perfection, but thanks to them, that's what everyone expects from their $15...and why nobody's dethroning them anytime soon. They have developement down to a science compared to everyone else, using a system they're intimately familiar with from immense amounts of time spent polishing it, even to the point of easily understanding it when it breaks.

By comparison, SWTOR's got a band of newbie devs who adopted an outside engine instead of building it from the ground up and got rushed into release faster than they ever could have wanted to boot. It's trying to fix a car that's got a busted cylinder while it's going 55 mph and an incomplete knowhow on exactly how this internal combustion thing actually does what it does. Misfires, malfunctions, and a relatively dismal rate of souping it up will be the result, but at least it's still chugging along.

i'd like to know the answer to this.

my /played is probably around 13 days and i am 5/5 columi geared w rakata earpiece, bracers, waist (synthweaving crafted) and crafted lightsber, 1 implant and focus.

edit: my guild also raids 3 times a week and we have only done 1 hm ops. with you being tier 3 geared you must be in a raiding loot guild

I am at 11 days 9 hours, 3 pieces of Columi, Rakata Implants, Tionese Ear.

I was a bit faster leveling than most of my guild, we are doing our first EV run Saturday.

I am, Zandog.

I dunno man. I had high hopes for this game. I don't blame the games content as much as I blame its management. Servers do feel empty and its the first time I've been willing to acknowledge it. If they don't come up with something where servers and instances feel more populated, easier to get groups together, I'll be clawing at the GW2 beta.

I dunno man. I had high hopes for this game. I don't blame the games content as much as I blame its management. Servers do feel empty and its the first time I've been willing to acknowledge it. If they don't come up with something where servers and instances feel more populated, easier to get groups together, I'll be clawing at the GW2 beta.

You may want to remain a bit more cautious in the future when pinning your hopes on a game. GW2 may be great, but I'll wait until I get to really sit down with it before I pin a ton of stuff on it. So far, look's like they're doin' it right.

full rakata, log in 3 nights a week to raid. worth $15/mo ? I dunno. Why is dynamic content such a shunned idea for mmo developers? :/

3 nights a week x 4 weeks in a month x 2hrs a night (that you stated in another post)

24 hours a month for $15.

It's costing you $0.63/hour.

If you're enjoying your time on those three nights, I don't see the issue.

If you're not enjoying your time, regardless of how many hours a session or how many days in the week/month you play, it's not going to be worth it.

For some reason there's a segment of the MMO players who feel that because they pay $15/mo they should be able to play 6 hours a day, 7 days a week and never run out of things to do or be bored.

I really do not get why people expect the impossible from developers. It's not about putting money or manpower to making new content, it's a process that is simply incredibly LONG and complex. They focused on making interesting and varied flashpoints, and most of them are really, really good. Yes, the end-game operations are really easy and you can clear both operations on hard mode in two 3 hour sessions but what do you expect? The impossible, that's what.

I bet they spent a year doing EV alone and it was still a mess at launch, and Soa is still buggy and too random, although doable. If you don't feel like there is enough to do to warrant a monthly sub, the leave and come back later, no one is forcing you to pay every month but crying that the devs don't do the impossible is ridiculous.

I've also cleared the content on hard, yet I'm not crying about it. Why are you, really?

Edited by Jandi

full rakata, log in 3 nights a week to raid. worth $15/mo ? I dunno. Why is dynamic content such a shunned idea for mmo developers? :/

I guess you beat the game then. :p

On a serious note though.......

Why did you join a new MMO on launch day and then race through content?

If you are a veteran of MMOs, you know that was a recipe for personal disappointment.

Edited by Andryah

You may want to remain a bit more cautious in the future when pinning your hopes on a game. GW2 may be great, but I'll wait until I get to really sit down with it before I pin a ton of stuff on it. So far, look's like they're doin' it right.

I hear that. This is my first MMO since the early days of WoW (2005) and I just expected to see a higher turnout. Not really pinning hopes, just thought things would have evolved abit more. Been playing BF series for too long now.

I really do not get why people expect the impossible from developers. It's not about putting money or manpower to making new content, it's a process that is simply incredibly LONG and complex. They focused on making interesting and varied flashpoints, and most of them are really, really good. Yes, the end-game operations are really easy and you can clear both operations on hard mode in two 3 hour sessions but what do you expect? The impossible, that's what.

I bet they spent a year doing EV alone and it was still a mess at launch, and Soa is still buggy and too random, although doable. If you don't feel like there is enough to do to warrant a monthly sub, the leave and come back later, no one is forcing you to pay every month but crying that the devs don't do the impossible is ridiculous.

I've also cleared the content on hard, yet I'm not crying about it. Why are you, really?

While I agree with you on the idea that people expect too much from Devs, I think the idea that they worked for so long and came out with Just this, is a bit of a cause for concern. The main example of this is the fact that you level so quickly, and the planets are Designed to facilitate that.

You can't really extend the leveling curve because the planets are actually so small, linear, and empty of content besides the quests. If there were things to do other than that, it would be that way. However this is simply the inherent flaw of this style of MMO, magnified to the extreme.

The dev's are doing all they can to add more content yes, but they should have easily been able to see that the content would be exhausted faster than their 1st major content update in March could cover. It's a design flaw, nothing more. One that some will smash face first into, and some won't. Thus, probably deemed acceptable.

Edited by VenthiosLestaran

The dev's are doing all they can to add more content yes, but they should have easily been able to see that the content would be exhausted faster than their 1st major content update in March could could cover. It's a design flaw, nothing more. One that some will smash face first into, and some won't. Thus, probably deemed acceptable.

I have plenty of content to go thorugh and have had the entire time. I've had to drop more quests levlling in this game than any MMO i've playing in the past. I've been 50 for quite a while and still having lots of fun.

3 nights a week x 4 weeks in a month x 2hrs a night (that you stated in another post)

24 hours a month for $15.

It's costing you $0.63/hour.

If you're enjoying your time on those three nights, I don't see the issue.

If you're not enjoying your time, regardless of how many hours a session or how many days in the week/month you play, it's not going to be worth it.

For some reason there's a segment of the MMO players who feel that because they pay $15/mo they should be able to play 6 hours a day, 7 days a week and never run out of things to do or be bored.

I play that long/more and never get more than "I'm bored of doing X, lets go do Y instead!" Whilst yes, being a 50 is goddamned boring, there's nothing to stop people playing through one of the other 8 storylines, or hell, as I recently did, simply making another toon to increase the versatility of your guild.

Personally I've done HM ops and got no drops from them, done nm ops and got virtually nothing (yes thank you for that DPS relic on a tank; real helpful) so to get a full set of rakata in such a short time requires a fair amount of luck; even when masterlooting. After all, even if you were 50 from early access, you've still had what, 6 ops or so by now? Remembering that you would have to have been unnaturally lucky to gear up to be able to down bosses before the enrage timer hit, not to mention the frequency of HM bugs that made HM ops virtually impossible...

My point I guess is; if you hard-core AND get lucky, you really can't complain about a lack of content. And I would be saying this even if Bioware didn't seemingly have a nerf to my personal drop rate in any game of their's which I play. Even once I get full Rakata I'll simply reroll and do it on another toon; there's plenty to do with the other stories, and I'm planning on going from 10-50 with my smuggler just from PvP (which is a dumb idea) so yeah, if you are genuinely finding you've got full rakata, play another toon or drop sub whilst new content is developed.